Off the computer.

Help Support CattleToday:

Williamsv":33gtzn7t said:
Thank you. I enjoyed teaching or I would not have taught that long. I always prayed every day that I could make a difference in at least one child's life. Hats off to your wife. I know what it takes out of a person to teach those kind of students. She will be blessed.
I apologize for taking so much space on this forum. When a teacher gets started, it is hard to stop them.
Don't you worry none about how much you write, those that don't want to read it can skip over. The rest of us enjoy reading.

Williams, the program is called Jobs For America's Graduates. In fact, everyone please take a look at the website. It will make your day because it is one of the true American success stories you never hear about.

Rafter S":jtm19ayn said:
I'm 53 years old. I'll be married for 27 years if she keeps me until May 7, and we have two children. Our son is 24, with a degree from UT, a good job, and just got married to a wonderful girl in August. They live a10 minute drive from us, so we see them several times a week. Our daughter is 19, and is working her way through TAMU, which is 1/2 hour away, so we see her pretty often too.

I did physical labor of one kind or another all my life until about 5 years ago, when I got a chance to learn to work with some computer software (SolidWorks, a 3d modeling/drafting program). I enjoy it, and look forward to going to work.

All in all, I'm blessed.

That may be more information than you had in mind, but there it is.

It occurred to me that you folks might be interested in seeing some video from where I work. I created the 3d models, and then drawings, for most of the structures being tested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdjgzlHZmRY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YhniFLrIQI

39 male. Married 10 years. 6yo daughter. Raised cows for the last 23 years. Was a Land Surveyor until 2011, economy finally did most of us in. Have spent the last few years working in logistics and sterilization in a biomedical facility. Play finger style blues guitar, build furniture, turkey hunt and fish.

branguscowgirl":3q99ykqi said:
Dang Rafter! Those videos are frightening! :shock:
They look like there would never be any survivors.

The structures being tested in those videos are designed to protect places like embassies from attacks by truck bombs. Survival of the driver is not a big concern in those situations. We also test roadside safety structures, like guardrails and bridge rails, but those videos aren't nearly as cool.

Rafter S":3adeb5e0 said:
branguscowgirl":3adeb5e0 said:
Dang Rafter! Those videos are frightening! :shock:
They look like there would never be any survivors.

The structures being tested in those videos are designed to protect places like embassies from attacks by truck bombs. Survival of the driver is not a big concern in those situations. We also test roadside safety structures, like guardrails and bridge rails, but those videos aren't nearly as cool.
That makes sense. Agree, those people are not who we want to protect. :D

Old enough for Sr Citizen discounts, but not old enough to retire yet. Paralegal; work for local Proscutor's office. Been doing the "law gig" for over 30 yrs. Was raised in very small town S.D. town with other moves before arriving here. Did goats before cattle; cattle for 7 years and we've got about a dozen out here. British White is the preference. Hubby is retired, so he does day-to-day cattle chores while I'm chained to the desk. And he does a great job!

We reconnected after 30+ years, after divorces. I have one daughter and 4 amazing grandkids. He has one son, as yet unmarried w/ no children, but a serious GF that has kids. Jed is our right-hand man -- machinest/mechanic and project engineer for about everything that happens here.

We are "right-minded" as to politics. Enough said about that.

And we'll be rooting for Seattle Seahawks on Super Bowl Sunday. Marshawn is my personal favorite, for personalities. He doesn't want his life open to the whole world. Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman and the rest of the team -- I expect them to kick buuttt on Sunday.

Latest posts