Land swap

Help Support CattleToday:

NamVet_Farmer44":3mapbsrz said:
...I don't know every dang county in Virginia...and with what kind of money are you talking about? I do not have $21,900,000.00...it was a land swap, I didn't pay that for the land

I also dont know every county in Tx either, but I do know every county in Tx that I own land in, especially every 21.9 miiillllion dollar tract.

7300 acres @ 3000k per acre, which you say is a conservative estimate of what the big tract is worth, is 21.9 miiiiillllion dollars. Unless you can prove it was an even land swap, you can expect a visit from the tax man soon.

Hey it's great if you can do it, and more power to ya, but most of the guys I know who pull off big deals like this, and I have a few big whig customers I've grown to know over the yrs, and none of them have ever gone on a forum and intentionally drawn attention to themselves for doing it, and as a matter of fact, most of the big land owners around here prefer to lay low if they can.

eric":1qdxory1 said:
Not to be a smarta$$ like Crowder or anything, but surely you looked at some of the papers when you signed for the deal, and the county the land was located in was on there somewhere, and that I am sure of.
The property location is always on the first page of the abstract. The first page not the middle of the abstract. Everyone reads the first page of a document. Also even if this was an even swap he still will need to pay capital gains taxes on the 700 acres. I'm sure he didn't pay $21,9000,000.00 for the 700 acres whenever it was he purchased it. He probably paid a couple hundred dollars an acre for it or he inherited it. Either way he will pay state and federal capital gains taxes on it. Or he did a 1031 tax deffered exchange. And even then he will pay capital gains taxes on it someday or his children will when he dies.

Well, I'm proud for you, and your children n grandchildren. I don't envy you. I hope the best for you and yours. Not everyone gets those opportunities, Thank the Lord, for everything you have, regardless. Good luck with it.

tryinhard

YOU DON'T WANT LAND IN FL, DEVELOPERS OVER DEVELOPING STATE, MORE MONEY FOR STATE TAX ROLE. KICKING OUT AG BUSINESS LEFT & RIGHT. STATE DON'T WANNA GIVE AG EXEMPTIONS AND IF YOU GOT ONE LIKE ME I'M HAVING TO FIGHT TO KEEP IT. BEEN RANCHING HERE SINCE 1984 AND GREW UP ON FARM,THIER CLAIMING I,M NOT A RANCHER, RUN ABOUT 75 HEAD QUALITY BROOD COWS + CALVES & 3 BULLS. NEED TO HOOK UP WITH MR 7300 ACRES AND GET OUTA HERE.
LIVED IN VA WANT TO ADOPT A INSTANT HERD & RANCHER?

ROCKNW

Rock N W, no offense but please don't come to Georgia. You guys from Florida are killing us with your land swaps by driving up the price of our land. I can't blame anyone for making a 20 to 1 swap, but it is killing us on our land taxes. Our taxes tripled this year! :x

NamVet_Farmer44":npyh4tdo said:
badaxemoo":npyh4tdo said:
Crowderfarms":npyh4tdo said:
Crowderfarms":npyh4tdo said:
boone":npyh4tdo said:
Is the 7300 acres all in one tract? Pieces that size are virtually nonexistent in MO. Lots of work, but worth it I think. Boone
7300 Acres is basically non-existent east of the Mississippi River, with the exception of some in Fla. I'd sure be interested to know where in Va. there is still a contiguously existent 7,300 acre parcel, publicly held. :idea:

The land is down near Clarksville, not too sure what county it is though, just remember going through Clarksville

You mean to tell us, you done swapped land in another part of the State and don't know what County it lies in? :help:

Yeah, that's what I mean to tell you, don't be a smart@ss, it's right outside of Clarksville...probably in Mecklenburg County if I had to guess

Umm...I think Crowder (and anyone that reads this board regularly) has a right to question you. A couple of weeks ago you claimed to have bought the following:

The tractor is a Caterpillar Challenger MT865B, the combine is a Caterpillar Challenger 680B

What are you going to do with your several hundred thousand dollars worth of heavy metal now that you own land that is all woods and pasture?

I'd sure like to see your business/farm plan because I'm catching a faint whiff of BS.

All my land is not just woods and pasture, the Shenandoah Valley is full of good cropland, and is very capable of growing plenty of crops, Tazewell has some of the best cropland in Virginia also, it may not compare to the tidewater land, but it's a close 2nd to it...Also, Highland County, where I live, has plenty of fertile land...Pittsylvania and Halifax counties are also full of great cropland...the tidewater area is not the other place in Virginia that you can grow crops, I have plenty of cropland left for my machines, also I will use my combine to harvest for other farms in the area who do not own a combine

Faint whiff of BS or not, makes no difference to me whether you and Crowder want to criticize me or not

Tazewell is cattle country for Virginia. Smiley Ratliff owns a big part of Tazewell. He tried to buy an Island off the coast of the U.K. for a cattle operation one time, didnt go through. But anyway Tazewell is nice, especially Burkes Garden( Thumb Print of God) It is where a a meteor was have suppose to hit. Its like a big bowl 100s of thousands of acres and everyone that lives there owns a big farm. Theres only one way in and out. Suppose to have the richest soil in the country. Theres a cattle farm around the KFC in Tazewell even.

Jogeephus":2uv15yc9 said:
Rock N W, no offense but please don't come to Georgia. You guys from Florida are killing us with your land swaps by driving up the price of our land. I can't blame anyone for making a 20 to 1 swap, but it is killing us on our land taxes. Our taxes tripled this year! :x

must be why i cant git nuthin goin huh jo?

Latest posts