Leasing cows on land

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas":3rc045bh said:
Figure it back to $ per cow and go from that. What are you referring to when you say feed tbem? If your doing all the work and supplying the mineral maybe i should send you some.
Where you located lol. He told me he would buy the feed and wanted me to feed them 2-3 times a week but I didn't mind putting out mineral when need cause I'll have my two heifers out there as well. But I'm trying to make a little money that's why I'm asking advice on it cause personally the owner or whoever I decide to lease it to wouldn't have to ever come out since I live on the property just have to an agreement on price per acre or price per head what's a good price to charge
He says about 14 cows and 11 calves around that give or take a few

kenny thomas":ncu4fe3k said:
I think your $1,000 is more than reasonable. In figure I can give $10 a head a month and me do all the work and still be ok.
So do you think I should tell him a 1000 js there any other things i might be missing

So the guy that originally wanted to do the lease is now basically going to bring his two heifers and two bred cows over and let me basically keep them on my land but lease them to own which I feel like is perfect in my situation and will be lenient in his price to buy them.

I'll post more pics he will bring them Sunday but I want to offer him a price that's not too high or low for the group.

Latest posts