Kudos to Macon & Mods

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I just wanted to take the opportunity to :tiphat: to Macon and the Mods for the way the boards have been run for the past year or so. I have noticed the a more judicious approach has been taken on thread locking. In the past when some former Mods were in charge threads were locked on the least provocation or if the mod disagreed with the topic. The threads that have gotten locked since Macon made adjustments have been locked legitimatley when they either went way off topic or got too inflammatory. I for one really enjoy the extended freedom to say what is on my mind and to hear others do the same. Thanks Macon & Mods for allowing the free expression of opinions. I know CT is a much better place and the best cattle board on the net.

I agree with you Hoss.
Now if we could just straighten out that lover boy yuppie up there in Ok,and his twin in Colorado and first cousin down there in Florida we would have a pleasent place. But prolly not too interesting. :)

Cal

I gotta say this is probably my longest run so far with the same username. yougottabeshittenme was my shortest, it ran all of 27 minutes.

Well I gotta say that cousin down in fl is a good guy. I can relate to him for some reason. But that guy in ok, Pom poms, tube socks in leopard print. I don't hold kin to all that.
And inbred, I personally appreciate your candor and the respectful debates, and the way that you handle yourself. Even if I don't agree

inbredredneck":1u78244c said:
I gotta say this is probably my longest run so far with the same username. yougottabeshittenme was my shortest, it ran all of 27 minutes.

:lol2: :lol2: I'll bet you weren't all that surprised by that one either.

I have been here for just over a year now and have found this place to be very interesting and a great source of information. alot of the people here are some of the better people i have come across even though i have never met them in person. well all except that posh lady from england who chimes in every once in awhile with her proper attitude. :lol2: :lol2: just kidding chrissy. i couldnt resist saying that one. i find some things you say to be very ammusing and always look forward to your comments expecially in the coffe shop.

As long as hijacking threads is he American way - there may be more freedom on these boards. However if you scan down the "active topics" list there are darn few of them that really deal with cattle. I have learned quite a bit here as a beginner. for some reason the level of cattle discussion seems to have declined. jmho.

Jim

SRBeef":2wa737tf said:
As long as hijacking threads is he American way - there may be more freedom on these boards. However if you scan down the "active topics" list there are darn few of them that really deal with cattle. I have learned quite a bit here as a beginner. for some reason the level of cattle discussion seems to have declined. jmho.

Jim

I couldn't agree more Jim, CT has fallen far from where it used to be when it comes to being about cattle.

Alan

Alan":2d1gz8yy said:
SRBeef":2d1gz8yy said:

Jim

I couldn't agree more Jim, CT has fallen far from where it used to be when it comes to being about cattle.

Alan

I dont neccesarily agree with this 100%. i cant speak as before a year ago when i came around here. But this is the way i see it. it is kind of winter time when besides feeding most people are in the down swing of things alowing them to visit share a laugh and have a actualy personal type of conversation more than any other time of the year. It is about the end of feb so i bet in 2 weeks the calving board is going to be buzzing with lots of questions and posts. You are already seeing people talking in the grass area about frost seeding just like this time last year. after calving i am sure the breed board will take off quick with questions about different bulls and who AIs and all the talk of this bull crossed on these females will be up and running again. After that is over it will be time for the grass area to take off again about haying and what everyone else is doing in regards to that. than fall will come and you will see more posts about harvesting and then the nutrition board will take off with lots of questions about feed and what am i doing wrong or should be doing different. not to mention old hook will be selling some freezer beef and be getting belittled on how he is cheeting people at 4 bucks a lb hanging weight. after that it will be the dead of winter and most the talk will consist of how much snow someones getting. how people down south cant see how we up north here deal with the cold. just like during the summer time you see us up north here wondering how you all deal with the contant heat down south there. it will be the time a year again to share a good laugh with the frineds we have made in what i believe is one nice little online community. and in all this mix in the occasional every other month simmental breed guru freek showing up to tell us how all our breeds suck/ than start it all over again.
Wich in the search for a topic button wich only works 5 % of the time if you could search by date i bet you could find the type of posts a person is looking for just because certain conversations fall amongst certain types of the year.
I think i have got great pms from people on here that are very helpful. but what i have noticed in reading old threads is alot of the old timers(what i would call them cause they look like they were here for a long time) have gone with only a afew of the basic names we all come to regognize and rely on for asking questions because we know they are still here and give you a quick helpful answer. the people leaving i am sure can be contributed to what was said about the mods and not being able to speak your mind.

Lon...me 'Posh' :lol: far from it, but thanks for the back handed compliment.... :lol:
SRBeef...this is 'Coffee shop' not meant to be about just 'cattle' on here, just what it is fun and banter. jmho.

SRBeef":1wt3ixpg said:

Jim

Well Jim if I was you i'd take that to mean that it's time YOU stepped up and started a new thread or two about issues PERTINENT to cattle. There is no great advisory board connected to CT that starts these threads so I would say you should feel free to head that up and move it out(Rawhide). BTW it doesn't help when folks take umbrage with other folks for insults REAL AND IMAGINED, and make them feel like their opinion is not wanted. The more folks who feel that way the less discussion there will be. Especially when it becomes personal.

On the other hand I feel like this place cycles like a lot of stuff does. We go for weeks without much remarkable to talk about and then we will have a flurry of good cattle related topics.........JMO

It does seem like this is getting to be a lot of "social media" type crap. I guess we could call it "buttbook"

3waycross":2rr1wtws said:
[BTW it doesn't help when folks take umbrage with other folks for insults REAL AND IMAGINED, and make them feel like their opinion is not wanted. The more folks who feel that way the less discussion there will be. Especially when it becomes personal.
On the other hand I feel like this place cycles like a lot of stuff does. We go for weeks without much remarkable to talk about and then we will have a flurry of good cattle related topics.........JMO
Well said 3way! If more people would see a debate/discussion for what it is and not take things personally the better for everyone on the board.

alisonb":33a1xvn3 said:
3waycross":33a1xvn3 said:
[BTW it doesn't help when folks take umbrage with other folks for insults REAL AND IMAGINED, and make them feel like their opinion is not wanted. The more folks who feel that way the less discussion there will be. Especially when it becomes personal.
Well said 3way! If more people would see a debate/discussion for what it is and not take things personally the better for everyone on the board.

:clap: Part of what makes this forum so great is the vast differences between everyone involved which shapes their personal opinions. Those opinions should be respected whether you agree or not. However using your personal opinion to attack someone else is uncalled for, debating an issue great but should not be used to degrade someone personally just because you disagree with them.

Latest posts