Kudos to Macon & Mods

Help Support CattleToday:

I guess I may have the perspective of an old f@rt, it seems things just keep cycling over and over again, which is fine and natural I guess. But I kind of feel things may have gotten too lax. While I think a past mod may have been a little to trigger happy when it came to locking threads and deleting posts. It seems some threads go too long without action being taken, for example the daily joke thread, while there are some good jokes, some of the jokes probably should be left for card games and taverns. While I'm not personally offended I know that kids have and probably are on this forum. The CT of the past would not have allowed that. The HD blow up would have been locked or deleted long before it got so far out of hand.

Does any one know if there is any mods now? I think there is one.... Maybe.

Chrisy, while I agree this is the coffee shop and the place for non cattle issues, I at least am talking about the board in general. But you an old timer and have been here many years, I'm sure you remember past years of CT.

And finally to Hoss, while I may be bucking your topic, I remember the trouble you had with Frankie, (not to name names....oops). I was one of the folks giving her a tongue lashing for some of her actions when it came to defending Angus so strongly, thowing a loaded question to a newbie Hereford breeder, Idaman (great contribitor, RIP) basically being a little badge heavy when it came to being a mod..... But has it gone too far the other way?

JMO and some thoughts

Alan

Crazy Farmgirl":3rwfz1un said:
alisonb":3rwfz1un said:
3waycross":3rwfz1un said:
[BTW it doesn't help when folks take umbrage with other folks for insults REAL AND IMAGINED, and make them feel like their opinion is not wanted. The more folks who feel that way the less discussion there will be. Especially when it becomes personal.
On the other hand I feel like this place cycles like a lot of stuff does. We go for weeks without much remarkable to talk about and then we will have a flurry of good cattle related topics.........JMO
Well said 3way! If more people would see a debate/discussion for what it is and not take things personally the better for everyone on the board.

:clap: Part of what makes this forum so great is the vast differences between everyone involved which shapes their personal opinions. Those opinions should be respected whether you agree or not. However using your personal opinion to attack someone else is uncalled for, debating an issue great but should not be used to degrade someone personally just because you disagree with them.

Heck, we got procedures here at work that require us to seek a devil's advocate. We've completed projects and spent countless hours editing, buying all the piece parts, reviewing, planning, plotting - then we asked someone to knock it down so we can start over. But, it can keep us from falling flat on our faces. Its better to go back to the drawing board before you build it than afterwards.

Multiple opinions have value. We don't have to all agree and some of us need to learn to agree to disagree. I aint perfect.

you are all on the right track

Caustic Burno":w3fucgab said:
Makes me think of the Wizard of Oz. Song that start's out Ding Dong.

No kidding. You, me, and several others would have been banned from this site.

Edit: There were those weeks when every post you made disappeared. You could post, I could be responding, and then boom the whole thread was gone.

Alan":r138ul38 said:
I guess I may have the perspective of an old f@rt, it seems things just keep cycling over and over again, which is fine and natural I guess. But I kind of feel things may have gotten too lax. While I think a past mod may have been a little to trigger happy when it came to locking threads and deleting posts. It seems some threads go too long without action being taken, for example the daily joke thread, while there are some good jokes, some of the jokes probably should be left for card games and taverns. While I'm not personally offended I know that kids have and probably are on this forum. The CT of the past would not have allowed that. The HD blow up would have been locked or deleted long before it got so far out of hand.

Does any one know if there is any mods now? I think there is one.... Maybe.

Chrisy, while I agree this is the coffee shop and the place for non cattle issues, I at least am talking about the board in general. But you an old timer and have been here many years, I'm sure you remember past years of CT.

And finally to Hoss, while I may be bucking your topic, I remember the trouble you had with Frankie, (not to name names....oops). I was one of the folks giving her a tongue lashing for some of her actions when it came to defending Angus so strongly, thowing a loaded question to a newbie Hereford breeder, Idaman (great contribitor, RIP) basically being a little badge heavy when it came to being a mod..... But has it gone too far the other way?

JMO and some thoughts

Alan

I see your point Alan. I guess my opinion is that I would rather see it too lax than the other way around. I think the occasional bout of kids fighting in the back yard can be healthy.

dun":1kvwd0mb said:
It does seem like this is getting to be a lot of "social media" type crap. I guess we could call it "buttbook"
:lol: :lol: Love that!!!! I have participated here for quite a few years, recently had some difficulty/issues getting on the board and had excellent help in finally resolving the problem. Another reason why I like this place. Have folks here that I consider to be great friends.

Have never been banned but have made a couple of posts that were "over the line". Got very polite PM's from MODs telling me that they had deleted it and to walk softly.

I like it this way too. Haven't really seen it get out of hand very often after the sweet smelling one with the wadded panties left. Seems like it was way worse then at least I haven't received anymore threatening or belittling pm's from a moderator. I think for the most part when someone asks a legitimate question their question is quickly answered. Of course there are those who like to split hairs, make outrageous claims and attempt to make cattle raising as difficult and as expensive as possible and that's fine too I guess since most of these seem to be a flash in the pan and are soon into the money making ventures like ostrich or chinchilla farming. Then there are those that ask questions after their minds are already made up seeking someone to agree with their conclusion. Then there are the silly questions posted by the lurkers who just like to stir the pot and show their omnipotence. I think this is probably the worst case cause sometimes an innocent gets caught in this childish play and is sent packing. I don't like this but in all, I think the good outweighs any negatives cause I keep coming back.

TexasBred":g27irftk said:
Have never been banned but have made a couple of posts that were "over the line". Got very polite PM's from MODs telling me that they had deleted it and to walk softly.
I have never even had so much as a warning.

its all good now....sunshine and roses....
yeah....i got to spend some time in the saddle this weekend and my attitude is stellar.....
okay better than my normal mean and growly.....

Isomade":zlk5tbe3 said:
TexasBred":zlk5tbe3 said:
I have never even had so much as a warning.
wussy :!: :!: :lol2:

The board is very fairly moderated. I never caught the wrath of the mods myself, but pm's with others convinced me the moderation was a problem.
The members seem a bit more restrained with the political stuff and the personal stuff today.

I have wrote this before, and will write it again, Frankie is a great cattlewoman. She helped me with some things back in the day more than once and took a lot of time to do so, when she had many other things to attend to. So if you guys feel like every x amount of months to go off on yet another tangent about her, I will post the same thing in x amount of months.

Sounds like some were were referring to moderating skills that were fair as opposed to those that might have had some favoritism thrown it. In any case, it all comes across as well run to me and with a constant stream of newcomers.

ga.prime":2lf4qqmq said:
I always liked Frankie. Never had a problem with her.

HOwever correct me if I am wrong I personally don't remember you ever questioning the Godlike Status of BLACK Angus cattle. That could explain why you never had a problem with her! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts