Kubota rtv 400

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn":3shlzupk said:
Yep. I was thinking of getting that stuff but didn't know what it was called. That would look alot better than 5-6 wraps of duct tape around the shifter! :D

The owner of the Kubota dealership here Told me he cut fuel line and slipped it over the edge on his. I suggested this idea to him

the largest mule is the most comfortable utv on the market imo. lots of leg room, lots of storage, etc. i was going to buy one but they stopped making the mule diesel.

the newest kubato has a little more legroom then previous models but your still a little cramped. its the same with the gator.

a realtor brought over a newer crew cab ranger and i put about 50 hours on it. it was a big POS.

ddd75":211srsm4 said:
the largest mule is the most comfortable utv on the market imo. lots of leg room, lots of storage, etc. i was going to buy one but they stopped making the mule diesel.

the newest kubato has a little more legroom then previous models but your still a little cramped. its the same with the gator.

a realtor brought over a newer crew cab ranger and i put about 50 hours on it. it was a big POS.

Can you elaborate?

TennesseeTuxedo":xjgf3pn4 said:
ddd75":xjgf3pn4 said:

Can you elaborate?

what about?? the ranger?

ran like crap, once you got up to about 25 mph it struggled and sounded like crap. sucked fuel down.. pretty cheap all over. It had about 160 hours on it so it wasn't like it was worn out.

Yes, the Ranger.

I'm really surprised it was such a junker. A lemon perhaps?

I'm still up in the air as to which UTV I want to buy. Seems like some are more work oriented while others are more recreational in nature. I'm looking for a blend of both.

I bought a 2011 John Deere Gator 825i a couple of weeks ago. Really wasn't looking but it was well worth the money. I've very happy with it so far and it looks to be well made. A buddy bought a new one last year so I was familiar with the machine before hand.

TennesseeTuxedo":389jw2zh said:
Yes, the Ranger.

I'm really surprised it was such a junker. A lemon perhaps?

I'm still up in the air as to which UTV I want to buy. Seems like some are more work oriented while others are more recreational in nature. I'm looking for a blend of both.

it might of been a lemon..

best UTV's on the market are the gator and kubota.. I like the kubota a little more as it has hydraulic steering/ dump bed vs. the gators electronics. bed height is a little higher on the RTV and the RTV seems to be just a tad more beefy.

i went to both the JD and kubota dealer about 6 times and looked them both over.. I wanted a gator but went with the RTV. i think the gator diesel was around 17k.. i got the RTV for 15k w/ some options.

I feel I can comment best on the ranger having owned all of them . Thats the 400 , 500 , 700xp , 800 xp , and the 900 xp . I am not a dealer but resell a few utv's every month for supplemental income because I enjoy it . I buy all makes and models so have had them all . If I was to buy a new machine to keep myself it would be a Polaris Ranger ( any size) and close second would be the yamaha rhino ( 07 + efi )

ddd75 ( my neighbor said or my cousin had one that .. ) thats complete bs .

The Ranger 400 will outperform the Kubota 400 in every category .

ddd75":1mjqw6xy said:
best UTV's on the market are the gator and kubota.. .
According to who? I'm always leery of taking advice from someone that claims any particular brand is "the best". It usually just means it's their favorite.
Every brand out there has its good points, or they wouldn't be on the market. I looked at all of them and went with a Ranger. Had it about 2.5 years now, no issues so far. It was by far the best ride of all of them, and price played a role as well (<$9k). For anyone that lives where it gets even a little cold, the fuel injection is worth the extra money many times over.

The Ranger 400 will outperform the Kubota 400 in every category .[/quote]

Bobby, how about long-term? I've been thinking about getting a gas powered RVT for hunting. But I just keep fixing my Samurai up instead.

BobbyLummus1":2cp11vzj said:
I feel I can comment best on the ranger having owned all of them . Thats the 400 , 500 , 700xp , 800 xp , and the 900 xp . I am not a dealer but resell a few utv's every month for supplemental income because I enjoy it . I buy all makes and models so have had them all . If I was to buy a new machine to keep myself it would be a Polaris Ranger ( any size) and close second would be the yamaha rhino ( 07 + efi )

ddd75 ( my neighbor said or my cousin had one that .. ) thats complete bs .

The Ranger 400 will outperform the Kubota 400 in every category .

umm... I never said "my neighbor or cousin" or whatever you want to make up. I have actual seat time in the gator, rtv, and ranger. The rhino to me is useless because of the smaller bed. The ranger is pretty much whatever, but IMO its not built to handle what the gator and kubota are. The suspension on polaris products are very nice, I will agree with that. The new suspension on the RTV is extremely smooth though.

I farm full time so I look at the entire picture of how these machines will perform as a work vehicle.

I have no idea about a 400 machine as those small machines are useless for a work vehicle.

M.Magis":2cp11vzj said:
ddd75":2cp11vzj said:
According to who? I'm always leery of taking advice from someone that claims any particular brand is "the best". It usually just means it's their favorite.
Every brand out there has its good points, or they wouldn't be on the market. I looked at all of them and went with a Ranger. Had it about 2.5 years now, no issues so far. It was by far the best ride of all of them, and price played a role as well (<$9k). For anyone that lives where it gets even a little cold, the fuel injection is worth the extra money many times over.

well.. uh.. ?? according to me thats who.. My favorite brand is both kubota and deere? So now your saying the ranger is the best just because you went with that one? How much seat time do you have on other makes? Pretty ignorant to just say.." well i went with this one because it was blue and its the best now" How many hours do you have on your ranger?

I'm just giving my opinion on what I have seat time in... I work these units hard everyday and they need to be dependable and able to be beaten on. Fuel injection is available on other makes as well but I prefer diesel engines for their longevity and fuel efficiency.

ddd75":ey0e88ns said:
M.Magis":ey0e88ns said:
ddd75":ey0e88ns said:

well.. uh.. ?? according to me thats who.. My favorite brand is both kubota and deere? So now your saying the ranger is the best just because you went with that one? How much seat time do you have on other makes? Pretty ignorant to just say.." well i went with this one because it was blue and its the best now" How many hours do you have on your ranger?

I'm just giving my opinion on what I have seat time in... I work these units hard everyday and they need to be dependable and able to be beaten on. Fuel injection is available on other makes as well but I prefer diesel engines for their longevity and fuel efficiency.
You're making my point. I never said anything about the Ranger being the best, just that it was the one I chose. When you claimed JD and Kubota were the "best", you didn't say that was your opinion, you stated it as if there were some facts to back that up. But there aren't.
I've driven and ridden in many other brands, about every one listed here and maybe others. I chose the one that worked best for what I'm doing, which doesn't include any real "work". I have tractors for that. I would never say an RTV was a bad machine, but I wouldn't buy a diesel RTV for 1/3 sticker price. They're HORRIBLE to ride in, in my opinion. It doesn't make them bad, just not my choice.

You're making my point. I never said anything about the Ranger being the best, just that it was the one I chose. When you claimed JD and Kubota were the "best", you didn't say that was your opinion, you stated it as if there were some facts to back that up. But there aren't.
I've driven and ridden in many other brands, about every one listed here and maybe others. I chose the one that worked best for what I'm doing, which doesn't include any real "work". I have tractors for that. I would never say an RTV was a bad machine, but I wouldn't buy a diesel RTV for 1/3 sticker price. They're HORRIBLE to ride in, in my opinion. It doesn't make them bad, just not my choice.

Well you just made my point in your reference regarding not doing any real work on your machine. Obviously any machine including the POS from tractor supply would fit your bill.

btw, what kind of tractor do you have?

Is there a reason you feel the need to come here and act like a jackazz? Did I miss the requirement that one must do "real work" with their UTV in order to form an opinion?
Not sure why it matters, but I have a Ford 3000 and a JD 2550.

I have a 4010 mule and highly recommned it. Has a roof, huge bed (great for firewood), fuel injection and plenty of width. Width is very important to someone who turned a 610 over one time. Also, for you intensive grazers, you probably don't want a door because your on and off the thing so much. 9K new and a 610 is 7.8K.

I'll stir the pot too.... NO HEREFORD EVER HAD EYE PROBLEMS JUST BAD OWNERS!

hurleyjd":3sys69ga said:
What ever you own will be the best or you would not have bought it.

Some times I buy stuff that I thought was the best just to find out that it isn't the best. But that is just my opinion.

shaz":2zk1ak7i said:
I have a 4010 mule and highly recommned it. Has a roof, huge bed (great for firewood), fuel injection and plenty of width. Width is very important to someone who turned a 610 over one time. Also, for you intensive grazers, you probably don't want a door because your on and off the thing so much. 9K new and a 610 is 7.8K.

I'll stir the pot too.... NO HEREFORD EVER HAD EYE PROBLEMS JUST BAD OWNERS!

If you didn't mind a gas UTV I'd go a Mule 4010 first choice followed by the gator.. I wouldn't even look at kubota or the others. If they still made a 4010 in diesel I would of bought one of those. most comfortable UTV with the most legroom, lots of storage space, and great reliability.

Latest posts