Kubota rtv 400

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks, I have never bought band new piece of equipment in my life and have never personally owned a 4 wheeler. I've had some dirt bikes and used a golf cart for years. I slept on this decision several nights but at the end of the day It was the best deal out there and 0% interest sealed the deal. I have 2 Kubota dealers with good reputations within 50 miles of the house.

M-5":3rvpdpdc said:
Thanks, I have never bought band new piece of equipment in my life and have never personally owned a 4 wheeler. I've had some dirt bikes and used a golf cart for years. I slept on this decision several nights but at the end of the day It was the best deal out there and 0% interest sealed the deal. I have 2 Kubota dealers with good reputations within 50 miles of the house.

M5 I don't recall seeing a 400 at the local dealers before. I lover rtv's was a cab with heat ac an option for the 400 ?

yes the 400 and 500 are the same machine basically and they have cab options. The trannies are different and the engine package is different. The owner is who I dealt with at the dealer and I asked him which one he had and he had the 400 at home.

M-5":kx5ia19g said:
yes the 400 and 500 are the same machine basically and they have cab options. The trannies are different and the engine package is different. The owner is who I dealt with at the dealer and I asked him which one he had and he had the 400 at home.

Oh ok. I hope it serves you well.

image.jpg

thats my 900.. i just got it a couple months ago.. got the winch, windshield, and roof options.

lacked power for a while but its getting more and more as I put hours on it. Seems like they need about 20 hours on them to get the power level up.

Buddy has a new JD Gator. Dang thing sounds like a swarm of pi$$ed off bees buzzing around. To loud in my opinion. He's had some issues with it as well, nothing major but he's certainly not overjoyed with the machine.

What's the top speed on the 400? I've been looking at all of them but can't pull the trigger. I want something I can work with and also get out and rip and run with it.

J&D Cattle":1e84m656 said:
Buddy has a new JD Gator. Dang thing sounds like a swarm of pi$$ed off bees buzzing around. To loud in my opinion. He's had some issues with it as well, nothing major but he's certainly not overjoyed with the machine.

What's the top speed on the 400? I've been looking at all of them but can't pull the trigger. I want something I can work with and also get out and rip and run with it.

I have a 400 not a sports car speedster. Tops out at about 20 mph. Trouble free and gets used every day. Had it for three years now and no problems. I think the new 400 is a different animal than the one I have now.

25 or so mph, plenty fast. I put it in a soggy ground yesterday and only locked the diff in 2 WD. I like it so far. It will spin the tires on dry dirt to. I like 400 cause its fu el injected and manual fwd reverse and manual 4wd selection

I'm actually thinking about getting a Polaris Ranger XP 900. Haven't owned a four wheeler since I was 16 and have been using an old Chevy trailblazer as my farm vehicle. Looking for something that doesn't get stuck as easy and can fit in tighter spaces. You can get tags for them here and make them street legal so I can run to the gas station or CO OP if need be.

KW

M-5":2bv9chh2 said:
25 or so mph, plenty fast. I put it in a soggy ground yesterday and only locked the diff in 2 WD. I like it so far. It will spin the tires on dry dirt to. I like 400 cause its fu el injected and manual fwd reverse and manual 4wd selection

Is the 400 available in diesel? I do have gasoline in my bulk tank now for the first time in several years. For me, diesel would be handier because I keep it on the place and wouldn't have to mess with gas cans or worry about fuel going stale :idea:

tnwalkingred":akr80eru said:
I'm actually thinking about getting a Polaris Ranger XP 900. Haven't owned a four wheeler since I was 16 and have been using an old Chevy trailblazer as my farm vehicle. Looking for something that doesn't get stuck as easy and can fit in tighter spaces. You can get tags for them here and make them street legal so I can run to the gas station or CO OP if need be.

KW

I have a street legal Honda Rancher ATV. I have gone to get the mail with it but it is kinda slow on the road. It will do 45 or so, but I try not to go over 35 mph. Don't like to wrap it up more than that for very long at a time.

Originally I got the ATV with a snow blade and licensed for my sister to use in town to plow snow for herself and her neighbors. The Honda ATV with blade fit in her garage well with her Honda Civic :p She would rather use her walk-behind snowblower than the ATV.

Thought the license would be handy to drive on city streets and to the gas station. Too far to a gas station here to be practical.

Latest posts