Kubota rtv 400

Help Support CattleToday:

The Kubota 1140 RTV is the best at pulling a load, bar none. It also has the best transmission, best steering and the best dump bed of all the RTV'S. It all in what you want or need. And it doesn't matter what brand RTV it is, if it's broke down its junk.

Well I disagree with that too HG , compare specs on the kubota 1140 vs the ranger Diesel ( diesel or gas ) Here is some

*the new diesel uses the proven 3 cylinder 1028 cc Kohler diesel
* Hands down the best ride
* 2000 lbs towing capacity ( Kubota 1140 = 1300 lbs )
* 1500 lb payload ( Kubota 1140 = 1609 lbs )

Ranger MSRP is $13,799 ( Kubota = $ 16,470)

Well I have not hooked up to a Kohler powered diesel Polaris yet. But I'm willing to give it a try, because the one's with the Yanmar diesels are no contest. The specs mean nothing in the real world. I tow 4k plus with my Kubota 4 times a week during the winter. And there's no way that a Kohler diesel is better than a Kubota diesel. But Polaris tried selling the Yanmar diesel as the best also and that didn't work either. Maybe you should buy a Polaris diesel and we could meet up and hook up. I have a C note or two that I'll put on my Kubota 1140 RTV.

usually these kind of "brand x" is best forum wars are because, for all practical purposes, all the contestants are pretty dang good.

figure out if you have a special need that maybe only one or two manufacturers have, and if not you can probably buy whichever prices out the best and be pretty happy.

HG , Here's some proof of one just getting broke in . On fourth set of tires no issues other than wear parts that would be expected from any machine

My Kubota RTV has that many hours on it and still on the original tires. What's a wear part? I've changed the oil and filters and that's it. No belt, no spark plugs, no nothing but maintenance. I've owned a Ranger 2002 model. My brother has one now 2012 model. There alright just like my 2006 Rhino, but there slap wore out at 2k hours. Folks love Mules but a belt won't make 200 hours for us, and it's so light all it does is spin once you get the belt to lock up. Towing a trailer with 4 rolls of hay 3-4 times a week kills a normal RTV.

I would call wear parts things like brake pads , wheel bearings , axle boots etc . You must never put the tires on the pavement , this machine was used at a industrial plant . For me I want a sxs to carry some tools , get me around the farm , check cows , check mail , ride it up in my longbed truck and go hunting . For hauling hay I'll get the tractor or truck, and If your hydrostatic transmission goes out the kubota you can buy a good used ranger for what it'll cost to fix it or I can smoke a belt and replace it for $60-80

Kubota 1140 and my ranger 800 xp is apples to oranges . You couldn't follow me through the woods or keep up . If we are checking cows I'd prefer the Ranger , if we are hunting I'd prefer the Ranger , I passed on buying a Kubota rtv 500 gas machine a few months back that was slap wore out at around 400 hours , some people will ruin any machine tho and if that guy had bought a polaris his kids would have ruined it too . And I'll take that bet

I will never put brake pads on, you let off the fuel it stops. I doubt I will ever have to go through the hydrostatic transmission. The same transmission is in all the Kubota tractors up to 50hp. For hunting and playing around, Polaris is the way to go I agree. You better have a 1 ton flatbed if you plan on putting the 1140 Kubota in the bed. It weighs more than my Samurai.

BobbyLummus1":1hytlzto said:
Well I disagree with that too HG , compare specs on the kubota 1140 vs the ranger Diesel ( diesel or gas ) Here is some

*the new diesel uses the proven 3 cylinder 1028 cc Kohler diesel
* Hands down the best ride
* 2000 lbs towing capacity ( Kubota 1140 = 1300 lbs )
* 1500 lb payload ( Kubota 1140 = 1609 lbs )

Ranger MSRP is $13,799 ( Kubota = $ 16,470)

For the price and towing/payload capacity of either the Ranger or Kubota, I will keep my Honda 420 Rancher atv and just use the pickup when I need to haul 1500 lbs or tow 2000 lbs :idea: :p

highgrit":23geygyn said:
Towing a trailer with 4 rolls of hay 3-4 times a week kills a normal RTV.

Towing a trailer with 4 rolls of hay, especially in adverse conditions, would be darn plenty for a half ton pickup :shock: I should know because I've done it, except only 3 bales, with a Ford F150 pickup/16' flatbed.

Trailer is actually 20' with dovetail, but the 4th bale would be on the dovetail. The bales were 1300 lbs. Trailer itself weighs 2300 according to title. 12K rated with standard 16" 8 lug wheels. If your bales weigh 4K, then you must have about 3 tons behind your RTV.

Which brings us to the safety factor of braking to consider. Even if the bales are only 1000 lbs, the loaded trailer likely outweighs the RTV 3:1. Something to consider if you are not on totally flat ground and muddy/snowpacked/slippery conditions. Why buy an expensive RTV and then beat it to death doing a job it is grossly undersized for :?: I agree with Bobby, I'd use the pickup or the tractor :idea:

Y'all would be surprised how good my KubotaRTV works towing. But the main reason I tow and use it as much as possible is $money. I can operate my Kubota on a $dollar per hour, that's fuel, maintenance, insurance and still have money left over to buy tires. My smallest tractor cost $5+ dollars per hour to operate. Oh I forget one other thing. My dad is 87 likes how low to the ground and the position of the grab rail compared to the Polaris. Not to mention no half azz doors to get in.

The one thing I am surprised about is the lack of any real storage space on my Kubota. I took the windshield off, expecting to find a trunk under the hood (like my Mule 4010 has) but there was nothing there. Seems like it would have been an excellent spot for some semi-dry storage.

millstreaminn":263o6piu said:
The one thing I am surprised about is the lack of any real storage space on my Kubota. I took the windshield off, expecting to find a trunk under the hood (like my Mule 4010 has) but there was nothing there. Seems like it would have been an excellent spot for some semi-dry storage.
That's an extra and they also have a glove box, for extra also.

highgrit":2sde7rxz said:
Y'all would be surprised how good my KubotaRTV works towing. But the main reason I tow and use it as much as possible is $money. I can operate my Kubota on a $dollar per hour, that's fuel, maintenance, insurance and still have money left over to buy tires. My smallest tractor cost $5+ dollars per hour to operate. Oh I forget one other thing. My dad is 87 likes how low to the ground and the position of the grab rail compared to the Polaris. Not to mention no half azz doors to get in.

Neighbor in his mid-70s is not as spry as he used to be and is considering a UTV of some sort (leaning Rhino) He has a Ford Ranger 4x4 pickup. IMO, for some reason that is one of the hardest pickups to get in and out of ever built :eek:

The yamaha rhino,viking , kawasaki teryx , artic cat prowler , honda pioneer are all bucket seats . The Polaris Ranger , Kubota , Kawasaki mule are all bench seats . In my opinion it would be easier for your neighbor to slide in and out of something with the bench seats especially if he's in and out often throughout the day

Latest posts