Know when to feed um, and know when to run

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Looked at value of gain from last week's sale. Figured at $1.00 to $1.06 per pound from mid 4s to high 5s. Called the sales barn owner - - he said feed um because there is limited demand for light calves. Thought about buying some more light calves but that would cut into my deer hunting. :nod: Bucks are scraping hard...

Stocker Steve said:
Looked at value of gain from last week's sale. Figured at $1.00 to $1.06 per pound from mid 4s to high 5s. Called the sales barn owner - - he said feed um because there is limited demand for light calves. Thought about buying some more light calves but that would cut into my deer hunting. :nod: Bucks are scraping hard...

No doubt! Destroying trees this year and rut still prob 10 days away.

Stocker Steve said:

Yes they are. Watched a good sized 8 point from the front porch this evening...

One of the advantages of a short deer season that starts early. And an elk tag that runs clear to the end of the year.

kenny thomas said:
Deer are so easy. A good spot light is all that's needed. It's hard to buy cheap calves that make money

That's true I just can't outrun the GW like I could in my youth. I raised five kids on venison.
The best part is the kids and grandkids coming in for the state holiday of opening day.

I appreciate everyone that hunts. I love watching them walk on by. I bear hunt with dogs but don't want to kill one. I like seeing how close I can sneak up on them without them knowing that I am there.

kenny thomas said:
I appreciate everyone that hunts. I love watching them walk on by. I bear hunt with dogs but don't want to kill one. I like seeing how close I can sneak up on them without them knowing that I am there.

Coon hunted for years my hound of choice was Redbone.

Latest posts