Kneeling in the NFL

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odell Beckham Jr the NY Giants wide receiver
He scored a TD today and celebrated by going to all fours and lifting his leg to pee like a dog...
That is what you get when you allow today's stars express their inner selves.

The Giants lost... not that team results matter, as longer as Beckham gets the attention he craves.

I'm from the old school Bud Grant/Tom Landry style of coaching and today's player behavior irritates me.
Under Grant the team even practiced lining up for the National Anthem and all players socks were at the same height.

I've stood for the Canadian anthem many times. Never been there, and can only think of 2 Canadians that I know personally. I didn't stand because I affiliate myself with their political views. I did it because that's what respectable people do.

Shame can't have entertainment today without all the BS. Why can't these people keep their views to themselves. All the celebrities out there let you know what they think and now the athletes are letting us know.

Kaepernick is double minded.

Asked about admiring Malcolm X and Fidel Castro.
"Malcolm X for what he's done for people."
"Castro for investing more in education than their prison system, which we do not do here."

To think the USA spends more on prisons than education is beyond laughable... it's a flat out lie. So ignorant.
I assume most know what is written about a double mined man.

Son of Butch":2qp3piwo said:
Kaepernick is double minded.

Asked about admiring Malcolm X and Fidel Castro.
"Malcolm X for what he's done for people."
"Castro for investing more in education than their prison system, which we do not do here."

To think the USA spends more on prisons than education is beyond laughable... it's a flat out lie. So ignorant.
I assume most know what is written about a double mined man.
Don't agree with his Castro comments and he walked back his statement as to the relative sums spent on education/prison. However, the differentials in the rate of increase is interesting: Report: Increases in Spending on Corrections Far Outpace Education https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/ ... -education

let's keep it going by deleting ANY comments about white people.

great job CT.

It doesn't matter what or who you are, you need to show respect for the flag and country. Kneeling is better than burning the flag....but maybe that's why people are kneeling, because we let them burn the flag. Kneeling during the National Anthem or Pledge of Allegiance means you need to join the military.

kenny thomas":1ho66hpi said:
My wife just read that the Cowboys owner told the players to stand or be fired. Is that correct?

That meme has been all over Facebook but I have not heard or seen where he was quoted saying it. Guess we will find out tonight.

kenny thomas":2cqufkpl said:
My wife just read that the Cowboys owner told the players to stand or be fired. Is that correct?
No, he did not say that. However he did say he was opposed to the protests, adding:
"I do not think the place to express yourself in society is as we recognize the American flag."

Son of Butch":3alsm7b0 said:
kenny thomas":3alsm7b0 said:
No, he did not say that. However he did say he was opposed to the protests, adding:
"I do not think the place to express yourself in society is as we recognize the American flag."
Thanks, I'm guessing she read it on Facebook.

I'm not a big Trump fan, and don't want to turn this political, but am I the only one that sees the irony when his condemnation of players refusing to stand during the national anthem is categorized as "divisive"? How is that divisive when refusing to stand apparently isn't?

I can't remember when Trump said it was "divisive", but he may have at some point. I keep hearing him say it's not respectful to sit.

slick4591":3q0d9wk8 said:
I can't remember when Trump said it was "divisive", but he may have at some point. I keep hearing him say it's not respectful to sit.

Trump did not say it was divisive, his detractors said that his (Trump's) condemning the players who refuse to stand, is divisive.

I'm good with them locking arms and standing with their attention and thoughts on our flag, and what it represents. I think that is a reasonable show of solidarity, and can respectfully be a sign of protest and unity......Even though common sense will show that the great majority of police interaction with young black men is more than justified. I got cuffed and stuffed by a muscled up black officer once. Wrong place, wrong time, in the right color Dodge truck. I cooperated, did as I was told, and was promptly released once they found the other red Dodge. It wasn't a black/white thing, and there was no reason to try and make it one. It's too bad that the self serving dick weeds don't care to consider the men who've lost their legs, and the ability to stand, defending the right to act like a selfish idiot. The NFL was banned in my house (not that we were religious about watching) the first time Kaperdick took a knee. The sooner these famous adult males start acting like men, the sooner the youngsters will get gain some self respect and get squared away.
I need to stop checking this thread.....gets me worked up.

I haven't read much of this discussion but will say, that tho I can see some of the impetus for the 'protests' (kneeling) I think it is ill timed to vent during the National Anthem, is more of a 'notoriety/attention seeking' thing, and is much a case of the 'cure being worse than the disease'. When the discussion becomes more about the method of protest than what the origin of the protest is, then the protest itself becomes almost completely moot and lost, effectiveness minimized, and lost or dismissed by those the message is aimed at.
This was not well thought out and is now just a circus...media and otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts