Kneeling in the NFL

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bestoutwest":1uiqzf5c said:
I've watched her before and she's a blowhard. Let me ask you a question, though. How upset are you at the white guy still wearing his hat during the anthem? Check out the picture in the article below.
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/7/16271 ... nfl-week-1

I might be wrong but I'm sure thats not a women!!!
That is not really an excuse but I'm sure she is not doing it in protest. I have forgotten I had a hat on before when I should have removed it. I felt horrible but it happens.

IMO I don't think the man sitting and the women with her hat on with hand over her heart can be compared.

RiverHills":zg1wgq7o said:
Bestoutwest":zg1wgq7o said:
I've watched her before and she's a blowhard. Let me ask you a question, though. How upset are you at the white guy still wearing his hat during the anthem? Check out the picture in the article below.

I might be wrong but I'm sure thats not a women!!!
That is not really an excuse but I'm sure she is not doing it in protest. I have forgotten I had a hat on before when I should have removed it. I felt horrible but it happens.

IMO I don't think the man sitting and the women with her hat on with hand over her heart can be compared.

I was referring to the woman in the video that TG posted.

My point is though, that we find excuses for this guy and he's given a pass b/c it is assumed his intentions were in line with yours. Whether you like what they're protesting for doesn't matter. According the First Amendment this guy has every right to do it, and that is EXACTLY what those who died were protecting. Just like it is our right to agree, or disagree, with them sitting.

Also, it has been pointed out that the players haven't always been on the field for the anthem. Is that less patriotic? What about the guy selling a beer during the anthem? Does that stop? I'm doubting it doesn't. Or the guy that has to whistle, shout or make some other guttural noise during the silences in the anthem? Is that worth noting?

It's their right to sit but they disgust me. They are supposed to be, and are, role models for young kids and other athletes. I quit watching the NFL years ago and part of the reason was I have no connection to who plays it or any affiliation with a team anymore.(Jerry Jones messed that up by running Jimmy Johnson off) Life is too short to waste it watching a some overpaid spoiled men run around in tights. This kind of stuff affirms my belief. Life has enough disappointments, I don't need one when my favorite team loses a game. Football is like the gladiator games in the Roman empire. A distraction for the masses while the empire falls down around them and is conquered by barbarians.

Bestoutwest":ml4kiwcj said:

Do you really think the white person was trying to disrespect the National Anthem? I wish it wasn't a black and white issue in the NFL, because I know a lot of blacks that put their lives on the line for our freedom. I think we'd have a lot less racial problems if EVERYONE had to go into the military in this country for a few years.

The right off free speech and to protest does not apply to the workplace. Anybody who wishes to do something about it just stop watching the NFL
.it's counterfeit anyway..

callmefence":35m18jih said:
The right off free speech and to protest does not apply to the workplace. Anybody who wishes to do something about it just stop watching the NFL
.it's counterfeit anyway..

And the NFL can't figure out why their ratings are down.

True Grit Farms":1iv5o9jr said:
Bestoutwest":1iv5o9jr said:

Do you really think the white person was trying to disrespect the National Anthem? I wish it wasn't a black and white issue in the NFL, because I know a lot of blacks that put their lives on the line for our freedom. I think we'd have a lot less racial problems if EVERYONE had to go into the military in this country for a few years.

I've got a nickel says that's not a dude under that hat. Any man not in uniform removes cover. All others are exempt without any disrespect implied.

Nfl could alternate rainbow flags American flags stars and bars and the red hammer and sickle flag...it be a built in stadium wave :pop:

Not NFL,but a few years ago I was at a Stl Cardinals game, and there was a large very fit looking black man sitting beside me. He had a cap on that indicated he was a Marine. Probably Vietnam. In front of us were 4 young guys who didn't stand or remove their caps. He tapped one of them on the shoulder ,motioned to stand and take their caps off,he didn't say a word... They couldn't have gotten up any faster. One of the coolest things I've seen. Had to edit this to add they were singing the Star Spangled Banner

I'm with George Carlin on this.. as per usual, there's some coarse language
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg4zRfukagk

hats don't matter, kneeling doesn't matter.. etc etc etc.. The only thing that matters is what you DO... Perhaps that also involves not staying willfully ignorant of things that happen when you're watching baseball, basketball, hockey, football, GOLF, tennis, MMA and WWE... and lets not get into TV shows!

What's with the sanctity of the flag as well? The flag isn't allowed to touch the ground, but wearing it as underwear is fine?
If you respect the flag, then all of the following pictures ought to be offensive!

They have a right to protest and others have a right to not employ them. Both must be prepared for the consequesnces

The first and third picture aren't actually flags in my opinion. The second one probably is, but didn't really want to look at her that close....

I read where someone asked if you ever saw a rodeo cowboy still during the national anthem? Well I sat during lots of them. I was sitting on a bareback bronc getting my riggin set. But we always took our hats off. When the anthem plays now I still get the taste of a dusty old hat in my mouth. Because most of the time you just stuck the hat brim in your mouth to hold it while the anthem was playing. It was no disrespect to the flag or the anthem. It was in that in about a minute or two someone was going to crack the gate open and you had better be ready. And if anyone here thinks for a minute that you would have told Reg Kessler that you were going to wait until after the anthem played.......... well I am certain that no one here would have said anything to old Reg except yes sir.

i say if you don't respect the flag, you don't stand for the anthem, you don't care about being a patriot..

then there are other countries that you can go too (which they are probably from)

Season ticket holder snapchatted a couple sitting during anthem in Detroit last week, they captioned the pic with a less than PC depiction of the couple...dewd was asked to quit coming to stadium, he alegedly gladly gave up his season tix...

Culture war is raging

Sterlingacres":2t0vu2m0 said:
Season ticket holder snapchatted a couple sitting during anthem in Detroit last week, they captioned the pic with a less than PC depiction of the couple...dewd was asked to quit coming to stadium, he alegedly gladly gave up his season tix...

Culture war is raging
Good for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts