Knee Update

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Saw the orthopedic surgeon on Monday. Said my right knee is really tight and the popping and grinding is from the arthritis not much to do. As for the pain he has no clear idea of what is causing it, so he gave me a shot of cortisone in my knee and some medicine for the inflammation.

Daughter was with me and was watching me get the shot and of course she is sitting there saying,"Dig dig dig." as the doc is doing the shot. :roll:

Last night was the first night I have not been woke up from the pain. Walked down the stairs at work and no pain!

Thought everything was fine until this Tuesday. I was walking from one house to the other when I felt something slip on the right side of my knee. The pain about dropped me.
Called my doctor and they are getting me in at 9am this Wednesday.
Something keeps slipping in there. Tried wearing a new knee brace but that has not provided enough stability.

Going to ask the doctor to scope it.

sounds like your headed for a knee operation.ive got a knee that hurts all the time.that has pretty much put me to walking on a cane when im out of the house.

The wife is having knee surgery next Thursday she has some torn cartilage. This doctor also does a partial knee replacement and has had some good results.

I luv herfrds":3giil3x6 said:
Saw the orthopedic surgeon on Monday. Said my right knee is really tight and the popping and grinding is from the arthritis not much to do. As for the pain he has no clear idea of what is causing it, so he gave me a shot of cortisone in my knee and some medicine for the inflammation.

Daughter was with me and was watching me get the shot and of course she is sitting there saying,"Dig dig dig." as the doc is doing the shot. :roll:

Last night was the first night I have not been woke up from the pain. Walked down the stairs at work and no pain!

Be careful and read up on any arthritic meds they prescribe. Son in law is ate with rheumatoid arthritis.
Real bad in both his knees they started him on some medication he is in the hospital right now.
Side effect of the meds was kidney stones he has them in both kidneys and one is shut down
due to blockage. Boy is 39 and got a whole bunch of fun procedures to go through.

Sorry to hear about your son CB. :( :(

I just hope it is something that can be fixed. The regular popping and grinding I could stand but this new stuff is beyond my range. It feels like my knee cap is sliding around. Hard to work when it slips and a customer is asking you if you are ok and you just want to snap H*LL NO!

Well that was fun. I am being sarcastic.
Went in and talked with my doctor. He was first talking about another injection of a different type but after talking to him for awhile we both agreed that it would probably be better to just go ahead and go in and see what is going on in there.
He thinks it might be some cartilage that has flaked off and is making my knee slip but we will not know til he gets in there looking around.

I am scheduled for June 6th.

Ended up having blood drawn, tested for MERS and an EKG done too.

I luv herfrds said:

Last night was the first night I have not been woke up from the pain. Walked down the stairs at work and no pain![/quote

The wife had her knee worked on May 22 to trim some torn cartilage. She is doing well with very little pain as compared to what it was before the trimming. She went to town with me today and we shopped at Sams. Also made a offer on a farm in Edom.

Going in tomorrow morning. Suppose to be there at 11am.

I am nervous about what the doc is going to find.

I'm home and a little groggy from being knocked out.

Ok the Doctor found quite a bit of calcium build up and the cartilage was flaking off and these two things were causing my knee to slip. He cleaned out all the calcium and smoothed out the cartilage. Said he did something to help my cartilage to fill back in, but I was still pretty much out of it so I am not too sure what he did.

I did talk to the anesthetic doctor and he said he was surprised that I had requested this surgery and did not try the next shot. Told him I had a gut feeling something was wrong in there and we needed to find the problem.

Go back in on Wednesday to have the stitches removed and have orders to not walk on it for a month.

Thanks Katherine!

It is hard for me to just sit around and do nothing, but I have a huge tote full of yarn and my crochet magazines so going to be busy!

I could not stay in the old house so I went up to the new house and helped hubby. I sat on the new toilet to help him get the base bolted down to the floor! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Pretty much just sat there and talked with hubby. Giving us some one on one time we have been missing.

Latest posts