Just out of curiousity

Help Support CattleToday:

What is your cattle raising status?

• Full Time - Make a living at it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Part Time - Have full time job, but work full time on cattle too.

• Part Time - In it for the tax break and the hat too

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
El_Putzo":1euvr8ih said:
Lammie":1euvr8ih said:
People like Kenny Chesney (SP?) have taken the hat thing to extremes. What's under there, anyway? :D

Nothing is under there (bald). I'm thinking that's the reason for the hat. ;-)

I've forgotten, what was this thread about???? :lol: :lol:
i can tell you what aint under that hat...a dam country artist

ALACOWMAN":2o7ub6vs said:
El_Putzo":2o7ub6vs said:
Lammie":2o7ub6vs said:
People like Kenny Chesney (SP?) have taken the hat thing to extremes. What's under there, anyway? :D

Thats for danged sure!

Ryan":13entv17 said:
ALACOWMAN":13entv17 said:
El_Putzo":13entv17 said:
Lammie":13entv17 said:

Thats for danged sure!

It is not polite to pick on people who are too dim witted to keep track of thier boots and socks. ;-)

A few people must think differently since he sells out darn near every venue he plays. :shock:

El_Putzo":1addc1rb said:
A few people must think differently since he sells out darn near every venue he plays. :shock:
your right my 14 year old daughter loves him but she also liked the backstreet boys but when it comes too merle ,waylon, george, and - :hat: REAL COUNTRY- well you get the picture

Well, I don't know much about Kenny C, but we are getting into this to make small amounts of supplemental income. I have been around and have raised cattle most of my life, and have no illusions that I am going to be rich. Hubby and I both work full time, Just want to make a few extra dollars for lean times.

my grandchildren used to like Kenny Chesney...but they've been around me too long...now all they want to listen to is bluegrass or country songs that are at least 50 years old :lol:

TheLazyM":1oam9on4 said:
can yall help me find my cousins title. he thought he was a farmer, but after reading a few threads this morning he aint so sure now. maybe you can find it for him.
kip ownes 2 trucks{peterbuilts" and 1 hopper bottom and 1 dump bucket. 200 acres of land with he grows wheat and soybeans on 100 acres and has cattle on the other 100. land and combine and trucks are paid for. he rents the 1000 acres right beside him and he grows corn on it.
this is how his operation works. before wheat comes in he hauls grain from elavator to feedmill pretty much running a trucking busness. he cuts his wheat alittle early and takes a small dockage on the moisture so that he can hire out his combine and trucks to haul other farmers wheat. in between wheat and corn season he carries cattle to the sale. of corse every evening he works with the cattle. and works on his grain fields. again he'll cut corn alittle early, by the time he is done corn is in mid harvest and he gets to hire out his equiment again. he'll hire out untell his beans are ready then he goes and cuts his beans. after his beans are in, he carries cattle to the sale if he has any then if any beans left.............. this sounds alot for one man he use to have hired help but now he just works his 3 sons a pair of 19 yr old twin and a 18 yr old.

I guess he is a wannabie. He has another job besides cattle! :cboy:

Just joking, dont sell the hopper yet!

I'm not sure where I fit in on this survey. All I have ever done is ranch (hay & cattle) but my wife works at the courthouse. I've been told that is one of the main qualifications to being a real cowboy. :D

We just got started in this but I would say it is for tax breaks right now. My husband got all kinds of new toys, uhm I mean tools, to play with, err work with, and we have something to show for the money spent.
Eventually, I think it will be more full time as we get our land and pastures into shape and grow our herd. Starting off slow here.

I'm what many of you consider a hobby farmer. I do it because I love it. I wasn't born on a farm and have no background in raising cattle.

I spend time on two message boards. One is a high school sports board I got hooked on while raising three sons all of who were pretty good athletes. The other is this one which I found when I started raising cattle. The sports board has a General Discussion forum similar to our Coffee Shop. I bring this up because I've noticed that as far as my views of politics, religion, morals, and current events, I am far more closely aligned with the people on Cattle Today than the other board. In other words, y'all are my kind of people.

By the way, one of my sons bought me "the hat" for Father's Day. Am I official now?

Hasbeen said:
I'm what many of you consider a hobby farmer. I do it because I love it. I wasn't born on a farm and have no background in raising cattle.

I spend time on two message boards. One is a high school sports board I got hooked on while raising three sons all of who were pretty good athletes. The other is this one which I found when I started raising cattle. The sports board has a General Discussion forum similar to our Coffee Shop. I bring this up because I've noticed that as far as my views of politics, religion, morals, and current events, I am far more closely aligned with the people on Cattle Today than the other board. In other words, y'all are my kind of people.

By the way, one of my sons bought me "the hat" for Father's
  • Day. Am I official now?[/quote
[/list]] that depends on how much sweat,cow sht it has on it how many times it been run over by your tractor. alot of things factor into a real cowboy hat :cboy:

Guess I will never get there, can not find a cowboy hat big enough to fit, got a size 8 1/4-1/2 head. And with that big of a hat if I did it would look like a Mexican sombrero on me.

ALACOWMAN":26afk3zw said:
that depends on how much sweat,cow sht it has on it how many times it been run over by your tractor. alot of things factor into a real cowboy hat :cboy:

LOL, I was weed-eating the hillside a couple of days ago when I stepped back and down. Slipped and slid thru several piles of it and got it on everything but my hat. I guess that makes me a half-a-- cowboy. :D :cboy:

Latest posts