June Bugs

Help Support CattleToday:

Interesting. A quick web search for "June bug" shows at least four different insects by that name. We call the large brown ones that converge at night June bugs. We also have the striped ones, I just call them beetles. Don't think I've ever seen one of the green ones.

M-5":j9jdl8u6 said:
We have june bugs (pic I posted) and beetles (not the rock band) the beetles come to the lights at night. june bugs are out in the daytime

That's the same way it is here. I hate those brown ones, especially if/when they get into the house!

bluegills eat the red ones off the top of the water if theyre still alive

wont touch the brn ones tho...

pool skimmer is full of em both everyday

I'll take a June Bug over Lovebugs anyday. Heck, I'll take oil on an new asphault road over a Lovebug.

I used to tie a piece of thread to one of their legs as kid, and let them try to fly away while I held on. Makes no sense now, but it was high times then.

MudHog":3aqjxfqv said:
I'll take a June Bug over Lovebugs anyday. Heck, I'll take oil on an new asphault road over a Lovebug.
NO kidding...that's an all day job for a very good pressure washer.

The June bugs are driving my dogs nuts while they try to sleep.
I can understand that, having been woke up in the middle of the night with one in tee shirt.
Birds don't seem to like June bugs either--I wonder if chickens do?

greybeard":18jf6i1v said:
--I wonder if chickens do?

I've seen my chickens, ducks and geese go after them.

I have a dog that thinks she wants to eat them :lol2:

I'm really curious to see what the new puppy does with them, once they start here. As it is now, he likes to chew Stink Bugs :yuck: . If he sees one crawling across the ceiling, he'll bark at the thing until one of us gets it off the ceiling. :lol2:

Had my pastures sprayed with liquid seven last year, man their were thousands of grub worms on the ground the next morning. Had to be quick to see them, birds had a hay day on them.

Latest posts