June Bugs

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
I guess due to our winter conditions this year everything was just perfect for June bugs.
Don't believe I have ever seen them this thick as early in the year. It actually sounds like rain
hitting the windows there are so many.
They completely cover the porch every night,I am about to wear out the leaf blower
have to use it every morning.

Had them bad last year but it wasn't till June. Saw one in the garage this afternoon. Not looking forward to that again.

cowboy43":2wpcbev5 said:
What is the life cycle of a June Bug? What is it before it is a June Bug?

Almost a year. The females lay eggs in the ground mid summer and they turn into white grubs. They eat the roots of grasses especially St. Augustine.

B&M Farms":dnudvdcj said:
cowboy43":dnudvdcj said:
What is the life cycle of a June Bug? What is it before it is a June Bug?

Almost a year. The females lay eggs in the ground mid summer and they turn into white grubs. They eat the roots of grasses especially St. Augustine.

Being as I don't have a sprig of St Augustine on my place they must be real fond of Bahia as well.
Or thank goodness I don't have St Augustine grass.

June bugs already thick here too CB. You'd think after a million years they would have perfected the art of landing by now. :lol:

juneb_t658.jpg

TexasBred":19yq1q1w said:
June bugs already thick here too CB. You'd think after a million years they would have perfected the art of landing by now. :lol:
I don't think they knew from day one.
The species depends on a crash and burn approach.

Wasn't really sure what we were being invaded by last month. Looked up your "June bugs" and that seems to be what they are. Only ours are brown. Trillions of the nasty critters. Even get a few in the house! :mad:

What some folks call June Bugs (those big green crash-into-your-head bugs) are June Beetles that are smaller than those green bombers and are brown and roundish, like a Volkswagon beetle.......only smaller ;)

hurleyjd":31zqcznk said:
http://colinlmiller.com/wildlife/coleoptera/beetles_scarabeidae.htm

Hurley you couldn't find a pic of them laying on their back kicking their legs after a crash landing?? :lol2: