Love Bugs - An interesting Observation

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
At the moment we don't have that many love bugs but they are out. I have heard love bugs are attracted to the roadways because of CO2 emissions from the traffic. I left a bucket of water that had some bleach mixed with it outside and forgot about it. When I remembered the bucket I found it full of dead love bugs. Hundreds of them. I thought this odd because there was a water dish only 15 feet from it that had no sign on love bugs in it. Anyone have any explanation of what caused this?

Most bugs that fly are drawn to the salts in the bleach. Butterflies realllyyyy like a bleach solution once it dries. I didn't know you guys have the dang things up there. But the up side is that because of those things I wash my truck twice a year. May and September when they are here

A lot of bugs like smell. I used to add a touch of bleach to whatever water source I wanted to train the bees to use. If I didn't do that they'd wind up drinking out of the neighbors' swimming pools instead of my water bucket.

hooknline":1qwb0a54 said:
Most bugs that fly are drawn to the salts in the bleach. Butterflies realllyyyy like a bleach solution once it dries. I didn't know you guys have the dang things up there. But the up side is that because of those things I wash my truck twice a year. May and September when they are here
Sure glad we dont have them. Hook dont u mean wash your truck every day during May and September.

Yeah right :lol: once at the end of may and once at the end of September. If I can't see in between washed I just take the pressure washer over the mirrors and windshield :shock:

If you try and put polyester resin or gel-coat on a boat love bugs will come by the droves. You either fiberglass first thing in the morning or you will be having to sand and buff. That is one God foresaken bug when your boat building.

cow pollinater":1sdjrb3z said:
A lot of bugs like smell. I used to add a touch of bleach to whatever water source I wanted to train the bees to use. If I didn't do that they'd wind up drinking out of the neighbors' swimming pools instead of my water bucket.
this got me stung twice in the last 2 weeks..both time on the face

Latest posts