This guy turned down an $8 Million Music Industry Offer

Help Support CattleToday:

Interesting. Hope it's for a good reason and not some false sense of martyrism.
No I think he is just able to put into words how most of us feel nowadays. He is a pretty straight up regular guy. One thing for sure he struck a nerve with that song and it sure got some attention in a GOOD way.

Always wondered why it was so much? It was always about $50+/- since the mid 80s. Everything is so much! Live professional games are outrageous now. Plus parking, plus food, plus etc.

Always wondered why it was so much? It was always about $50+/- since the mid 80s. Everything is so much! Live professional games are outrageous now. Plus parking, plus food, plus etc.
A lot of them have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Some neighbors have paid $800 plus on tickets to concerts lately to see nearly 80-year-old folks perform. I wouldn't pay that to see Elvis if he ever comes out of hiding.

A lot of them have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Some neighbors have paid $800 plus on tickets to concerts lately to see nearly 80-year-old folks perform. I wouldn't pay that to see Elvis if he ever comes out of hiding.
Same here. I was going to surprise my beloved with some concert tickets a few years back. Priced them and noped out real quick.

Some of the stuff I have read says these artists dont make the money on "albums" like they use to with streaming services. A lot more of the revenue comes from concerts now. Plus, I'm sure the cost to put them on has gone up significantly like every thing else.

I have yet to buy a ticket to see any concert. I have seen George Strait, Ricky Skaggs, Alabama, Dwight Yoakam, Highway 101, and Chris Ledoux all for free. I was either given tickets or won them.

Years ago the Statler Bros put on a free concert during 4th of July in Staunton Va...for 25 years... had all sorts of big name guests there.... It was something really really spectacular to see...
I won't pay the ticket prices now, but have spent in the $25-35 range for some in the past... George Strait with the very young starting out Taylor Swift was the most expensive... wasn't impressed with her then, still not now... liked her songs better than her singing....
George was good...
Kathy Mattea at the WV state fair years ago was one of the best.... she was a great act...
Neal McCoy at the Woodstock fair 2022... not great attendance because he is "old country" compared to today... but it was a good concert...
Guess I am getting old....

If people are dumb enough, or they have so much money that it doesn't matter to them, then it's simple supply and demand.

Seems like any place with 100 seats priced at $40 ought to do okay splitting that with the entertainment for a single evening. But then I've never had to pay the expenses in running a concert.

Latest posts