June Bug's

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
In my entire life I have never seen them as bad as this year.
Can't turn the porch light on if you do it sound's like rain hitting the house.
Have had to blow the porches off every morning as the porch is solid dead june bug's.
This has got to be some kind of omen.

I don;t hink they eat as adults. The white grubs you findin the ground are the juvenles and they eath plant roots, usually grass. They're in the scarab beetle family and there are a jillion different variaties. As adults all they do is swarm and reproduce and lay eggs in the grass

They also have a 17 year cycle, where they are dormant in the ground. Usually at the base of trees. This is the 17th year since the last time they came out of dormancy

hooknline":1c51s546 said:
They also have a 17 year cycle, where they are dormant in the ground. Usually at the base of trees. This is the 17th year since the last time they came out of dormancy
Than why do you see thm every year?

hooknline":2o6sqi47 said:
Those are cicadas.

no theyre not ya dope....by the way the junebugs..the little brn or red ones are good crapie bait..float em on top and slay away

they got no sinse of direction,, little idiots....you see em impelled on barbwire.its the jap bettles i hate.. their small enough to get in cracks, vents.. pile up die, and stink to high he^%

dieselbeef":30cch9p3 said:
a certain hawk impales em on the barbed wire..frogs and lizards too
Kingbirds do to and also impale grasshoppers

Latest posts