its so dry here

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":3o19s5w7 said:
Jewells are good quality but the fine print is "up to $3000 and must be at least 1" of rain". I think he's got his bases covered quite well from the looks of things this year. With my luck I'd get 9/10's. :lol2:

The essential question is "whose gauge are we using"?

the one with an umbrella over it.

Or maybe the ones in my pastures.... That would be pretty safe...maybe 3 days in the last 4 or 5 years would pay off and then the likelyhood (I know some think it rains every weekend) it raining on the the right day.

Well, I've decided to put irrigation in the field. Its either that or lose it all if things go the way they are now. Neighbor has all the pipe and heads, will work for beer and a few bucks. It won't get all of it, but will cover the lions share. I'm goin to end up sinking a new well just for irrigation, but ill be able to get by on what I have now. All the heads will be on fencelines except one, and all heads will be elevated on tposts or galv pipe to keep the cows from tearing them up

I remember when Orlando, central Fl. was the orange capital of the world. But that was before the global warming farce. And there we sprinkler heads and galvanize pipe in all the groves.

Finally getting some rain today. Started about 10am, and so far just over an inch. Nice steady slow rain, the best kind

That's not good.some areas got up to 5 inches...that's too much for this dry ground.

Better take it when you can get it.

This is what dry looks like here.
IMG00089-20110328-1434.jpg

Some Ryegrass that was planted in late September. Just turned in for the first time today.
IMG00091-20110328-1436.jpg

Turned in on the rygrass because it's already going to seed and the oats looks like this.
IMG00087-20110328-1417.jpg

We are finally getting a good rain. Got about a 1/10" on monday, today we have gotten probably 1/2" to an 1" so far. I planted some millet last friday, and it used every bit of that 1/10" and was busting through the ground pretty good this morning. Cant wait to see what it does with a good rain.

I figured you were getting it. Were predicted to get another 2" or o from this one too. Thank God. Our new fence will be done tomorrow, so we can turn the cows out on that piece, existing is fertilized, overseeded, more rain coming..I think things will be ok. We doubled the # of head on this field in anticipation of getting the new fence in, and rain. I was getting worried there for a while

This is one of those "be careful what you wish for" times. We had 90 mph winds last night, lost power at 5:30pm last night and now the power company is saying 8:00 pm tonight. Generator won't start, and as soon as this rain let's up I'm gonna drain the tank and clean the carb. Love that ethanol fuel.....