Is it just me

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":1yc07g55 said:
I think a certain amount of jealousy is totally natural.. the issue is how you act on it.. Do you try to bring others down to your level out of spite or do you better yourself to get to theirs? Of course I'd like to own a fleet of new vehicles, tractors, and have a herd of show-winning cows, definitely wouldn't mind having someone do all the work around here while I gallivant around, but it's never going to happen... So I'll fix up my old stuff to make it look decent, improve my herd bit by bit, and keep fixing fences and moving irrigation around.

Truth is he is well funded and backed well enough he probably could big a BTO, but inst.
I see it as " hey look at me" type deal.

TennesseeTuxedo":244d7pt8 said:
I'm with you Cross, I don't even know the guy and I don't like him either.

We are family and as closely related as brothers.
We talk several times a week and he's a good guy.
Maybe I see my faults in him

I can't even have a conversation with my dad due to our difference in views on cattle. In his mind if cow calf guys arent making any money nobody else can be, such as myself with stockers. They've been good to me even in this market drop. Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

I see it as if you're going talk the talk then you need to walk the walk

Cross-7":2ng1nb63 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2ng1nb63 said:

Make up your mind dangit! I'm trying to give you some support here.

TennesseeTuxedo":1a8b8k5q said:
Cross-7":1a8b8k5q said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1a8b8k5q said:

Make up your mind dangit! I'm trying to give you some support here.

:lol:
Thanks

Cross-7":27kzlztp said:
I hear ya. Sounds like a case of all hat and no cattle. Everybody's gotta learn to crawl before they can walk though.

Cross-7":2wjtlej5 said:

Be careful. You know there is a lot of hat and a few broke mouth cows right here on these sacred pages.
:deadhorse:

Bright Raven":32x46rs5 said:
Cross-7":32x46rs5 said:

Be careful. You know there is a lot of hat and a few broke mouth cows right here on these sacred pages.

I'm one of them ...

Cross-7":2ynzijt3 said:
Bright Raven":2ynzijt3 said:
Cross-7":2ynzijt3 said:

I'm one of them ...

I think most of us are. Lol

RanchMan90":2lft4mj3 said:
I can't even have a conversation with my dad due to our difference in views on cattle. In his mind if cow calf guys arent making any money nobody else can be, such as myself with stockers. They've been good to me even in this market drop. Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
Understand what your saying. My grandfather and I but heads over a lot of things in the cattle business. I do usually end up taking his advice as he is a seasoned veteran and knows what he is talking about.

He might just want a good T shirt, it's about impossible to find a heavy weight T shirt with a pocket.
Is it alright to wear a cowboy hat and boots if you don't have a 100 head or 3 sections of land?

True Grit Farms":vo30ny70 said:
He might just want a good T shirt, it's about impossible to find a heavy weight T shirt with a pocket.
Is it alright to wear a cowboy hat and boots if you don't have a 100 head or 3 sections of land?

No it isn't alright. You have to wear Muck boots and a ball cap at that level.

Cross-7":2ykmjb61 said:
Nesikep":2ykmjb61 said:
I think a certain amount of jealousy is totally natural.. the issue is how you act on it.. Do you try to bring others down to your level out of spite or do you better yourself to get to theirs? Of course I'd like to own a fleet of new vehicles, tractors, and have a herd of show-winning cows, definitely wouldn't mind having someone do all the work around here while I gallivant around, but it's never going to happen... So I'll fix up my old stuff to make it look decent, improve my herd bit by bit, and keep fixing fences and moving irrigation around.

Truth is he is well funded and backed well enough he probably could big a BTO, but inst.
I see it as " hey look at me" type deal.
I definitely know the type.. all the land sales in this area are going to those types. One of them bought about 7 years ago, we met them a month after and asked how it was going, they gave a reply something like "We got it all figured out after a week"... We really have to laugh though, because they keep trying to make compost out of old hay, and in our climate, that just doesn't work, it's too dry, and after about 3 years in a pile, it still just looks like bad hay.. certainly not compost.
Meanwhile after 25 years here, we're still learning the finer points of what works and what doesn't.. still figuring out where the big rocks are that are easier to plow around rather than through... Yes, they have their ranch name on the side of their vehicles.. it does rub me the wrong way, but that not based on jealousy at all, it's based on arrogance.

TennesseeTuxedo":34ohz5hw said:
True Grit Farms":34ohz5hw said:

Well can you drive a Town car instead of a pickup truck? Nesikep has me figured out, arrogant.

True Grit Farms":ep36w2k4 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":ep36w2k4 said:
True Grit Farms":ep36w2k4 said:

Well can you drive a Town car instead of a pickup truck? Nesikep has me figured out, arrogant.

Only if you look like an old cowboy.

Some people would rather learn on their own vs asking questions or appear to need help.
How many acres and head of cattle do I need to own to have a name for my farm?
Then can I have some hats and shirts made so I can advertise my farm/cattle when I go to the sale barn or just around town?

Or would this be considered good advertisement for my farm/cattle?

Latest posts