Is it just me

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7":2m6mo2f7 said:
Somebody starts talking about anything from hats to hunting dogs and it'll turn into an argument on here.
99.9% doesn't amount to a hill of beans

Cross. I trust you know I was joking.

Having said that, you will feel much better when you let the real cross out. :lol:

Bright Raven":5yicls60 said:
Cross-7":5yicls60 said:
Somebody starts talking about anything from hats to hunting dogs and it'll turn into an argument on here.

Cross. I trust you know I was joking.

Having said that, you will feel much better when you let the real cross out. :lol:

:D
I don't take much serious.
Heck not many I deal with do either.
It's odd to me why so many get bent over dumb **** on here
Maybe they were bullied as children and are making up for it

Cross-7":35qn9bsw said:
Maybe jealousy, maybe I need to mind my own business ?

I have a family member that has a good job that pays very well.
He runs 20-30 head on family land he leases.
I've wanted it, tried to lease it and so on but never got it done, maybe the jealousy part coming out in me.

Anyway he has his trailers with emblems of his brand, caps printed stating so and so cattle co, T-shirts and etc.

It just rubs me wrong for some reason.
It doesn't affect me, but..
Just seems for a guy that leases everything and only runs a handful of cattle, it's kind of overboard.

Truth is he is probably worth a crap ton and could do much more, but is at a comfortable level and doesn't need the money.

Maybe it's sour grapes on my part

Even if nobody else gets it, I think I see what you are saying. As you say, it doesn't affect you, but it's just something you notice, and it seems overboard. Maybe you're like me, and human behavior is just interesting to you. Some things are good for humor.

I am in a local band, for example. We are actually pretty good and have a lot of fun, but that doesn't mean we'll be on the CMA anytime soon. We kinda know our place. We aren't running around with t-shirts and acting like we are in the big league. It wouldn't affect anyone else if we did, but I'm sure it would seem like
We were being arrogant if we did.

Did anyone else hear what happened yesterday????

Tulsa World Newspaper reported that Cross assaulted two 8 year olds because they were wearing Mickey Mouse Club T-shirts. When asked by police why he harassed them, then ripped their T-shirts off, he replied, "They had no right to wear them, they didn't own any stock in The Walt Disney Company".

Bright Raven":3163ev0l said:

Tulsa World Newspaper reported that Cross assaulted two 8 year olds because they were wearing Mickey Mouse Club T-shirts. When asked by police why he harassed them, then ripped their T-shirts off, he replied, "They had no right to wear them, they didn't own any stock in The Walt Disney Company".

You were misinformed
They were 18 and I was the one assaulted.
They tore my new Cross 7 BTO shirt right off me.
When they saw me pull up with my brand on my trailer and my Cross 7 cap they were all over me.
I've suddenly become a celebrity.
I have endorsement deals lined up and they are m throwing money at me.
I was wrong about this deal.
I'm thinking about getting a sign made for my " ranch " :)

Cross-7":247cd2tl said:
Bright Raven":247cd2tl said:

You were misinformed
They were 18 and I was the one assaulted.
They tore my new Cross 7 BTO shirt right off me.
When they saw me pull up with my brand on my trailer and my Cross 7 cap they were all over me.
I've suddenly become a celebrity.
I have endorsement deals lined up and they are m throwing money at me.
I was wrong about this deal.
I'm thinking about getting a sign made for my " ranch " :)

:clap:
You can never trust the news. :D

Cross,

Even small operations of 20 head benefit from being properly promoted. Writing up professional ads even on Craigslist with farm name and Breed Association information makes buyers more comfortable.

Whether it is a hobby or a business you make your living at, it benefits to promote it if you intend to compete.

Absolutely.
Sign at front gate, having a neat clean well kept property. Nice working facility.
Giving them a cap or T-shirt is a form of advertising.

But if you aren't selling anything
Running commercial cattle that are sold at the sale barn.
That's was my point in this whole deal

Cross-7":tjo3ukpl said:
Absolutely.
Sign at front gate, having a neat clean well kept property. Nice working facility.

Even commercial folks have a reputation at the sales barn. most of the time that equates to a few extra pennies per pound. your in sales you should know that marketing is a factor in everything . even you have to market yourself when you looking for a GAL. or do you just stand on the corner and hope someone comes by and says your the one.

M-5":2p91ejzn said:
Cross-7":2p91ejzn said:
Absolutely.

Even commercial folks have a reputation at the sales barn. most of the time that equates to a few extra pennies per pound. your in sales you should know that marketing is a factor in everything . even you have to market yourself when you looking for a GAL. or do you just stand on the corner and hope someone comes by and says your the one.

Cross has "Brandmanship". I bet he doesn't even have to stand there very long.

TennesseeTuxedo":pzzangwl said:
Might be time for this thread to wither and dry on the vine. We just jumped the shark.

Pop culture reference to Happy Days. I remember that episode.

We all have our own quirks and pet peeves. I could care less if folks want to plaster their farm or ranch name on everything, but it still annoys me when people give a name to every cow that they own. Not sure why, it just seems silly to me..probably some deep-seeded issue or insecurity on my part.

Lazy M":2kizfree said:
We all have our own quirks and pet peeves. I could care less if folks want to plaster their farm or ranch name on everything, but it still annoys me when people give a name to every cow that they own. Not sure why, it just seems silly to me..probably some deep-seeded issue or insecurity on my part.

I do and I know Fire Sweep does. I think it is due to a lot of factors. Here are a couple:

1. They have small herds of less than 30
2. If they are registered they have to be named so it carries over into the barn and pasture.
3. Passion. Some people have more that a business connection with their cows.

Here is a story which will be interesting to you because you know the state.

My cousin who lives in Campbell County bought a recreational farm near Frenchburg. He kept hearing someone talking. He finally went out and looked for who was talking. The old man in the adjoining farm was feeding a very small herd of cows. He was all alone and talking to each one of them.

My cousin has gotten to know the old man. He is in his 80s. One day, my cousin saw him working his cows through his handling facility. He decided the old man needed help. He walks over and offered to help.

The old man kindly declined. Said he raised these cows from calves and he could work them much better without anyone else around.

sounds a lot like me... all my cows have names, though not all the calves anymore (just ran out of good names)... I work the cows much easier alone than with other people.. at the most someone to open or close a gate is helpful, but can usually do without it... Last week I split the herd into 2 groups, including the calves and it didn't take a half an hour.. no running around.

There's an old lady I'd love to meet one day about an hour from here, she's in her 80's too, and runs a fair sized herd (more than 50).. she sold a big angus bull to a neighbor and apparently just haltered him up and walked him onto the trailer.

I get that naming all the cows on a big place is impossible, but not naming or making pets out of any of them I think you're short changing yourself of some of the great experiences that comes with having cows... Certainly makes more sense to have a pet cow than an annoying little yappy dog

M-5":162po7xz said:
Cross-7":162po7xz said:
Absolutely.

I thought he was married with kids. Probably another personality in another location with another name.

Cross-7":22zkwdtr said:

I think you are wrong. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bright Raven":2d685s95 said:
Lazy M":2d685s95 said:

I do and I know Fire Sweep does. I think it is due to a lot of factors. Here are a couple:

2. If they are registered they have to be named so it carries over into the barn and pasture.
I can understand why it would be necessary for seed stock operations. Maybe I just don't want to get too attached in case I cull them

Lazy M":mm8ge33s said:
Bright Raven":mm8ge33s said:
Lazy M":mm8ge33s said:

I can understand why it would be necessary for seed stock operations. Maybe I just don't want to get too attached in case I cull them

I name all my cows also, and I'm so passionate about my cows I give all my cows a ear ring with their name on it.

TexasBred":3lrs8278 said:
M-5":3lrs8278 said:
Cross-7":3lrs8278 said:
Absolutely.

I thought he was married with kids. Probably another personality in another location with another name.

As I said I want to get a long with everyone, but you choose to continue to talk **** and try me.
FU you.
I'm fed up with your mouth.
Man up and let's settle this
Name the place you little fuk

Latest posts