International Truck - S Series

Help Support CattleToday:

MudHog

Reaction score
Anybody got or know of an IH truck with the DT466 laying around? I'm in the market to use as a truck to pull my hay equipment, tractor, and hay around. Looking for something cheap and mechanical, so early to late 80s. Looking for the S1700, S1800, or S1900 trucks. Not worried about wheelbase as I plan to shorten it if I have to. I'm just wanting a DT466 engine.

bird dog said:
https://easttexas.craigslist.org/hvo/d/tyler-international-dump-truck/7055537394.html

Whoa, that sucker is beat up for the price he is asking. I hadn't came across that one in my searches though. thanks for posting it.

MudHog said:
bird dog said:
https://easttexas.craigslist.org/hvo/d/tyler-international-dump-truck/7055537394.html

Whoa, that sucker is beat up for the price he is asking. I hadn't came across that one in my searches though. thanks for posting it.

Note the bullet hole in windshield!

Mind if I ask why you're inclined to the 466? I was looking for a similar truck about 10 years ago and wound up with an 8100 with an M11 in it, still small enough to be handy but enough truck to pull a full size semi trailer.

cfpinz said:
Mind if I ask why you're inclined to the 466? I was looking for a similar truck about 10 years ago and wound up with an 8100 with an M11 in it, still small enough to be handy but enough truck to pull a full size semi trailer.

Of the engines I was seeing in these trucks, it is the only wet sleeve engine. Wasy to work on if it comes down to doing a rebuild.

Might have ended up working out a deal on one here. 1981 S1900 with the DT466 and 5spd. 14ft flatbed. Guy was asking $3600, but was "ready to sell". I offered him $1200 cash and a DJI Mavic Pro drone I have and he looks to be wanting to make the deal. Will need 2 batteries.

MudHog said:
cfpinz said:

Of the engines I was seeing in these trucks, it is the only wet sleeve engine. Wasy to work on if it comes down to doing a rebuild.

Might have ended up working out a deal on one here. 1981 S1900 with the DT466 and 5spd. 14ft flatbed. Guy was asking $3600, but was "ready to sell". I offered him $1200 cash and a DJI Mavic Pro drone I have and he looks to be wanting to make the deal. Will need 2 batteries.

2 speed rear?

Looks clean for the yearmodel. I'd figure that if the outside looks like that, so does the inside and that includes inside the working parts......having been maintained properly over the years. May be low mileage meaning you don't have to worry about OH expenses. I don't know what your drone is worth, but even if you invested a couple of K in it, it would take a while to burn enough diesel for the lack of a 2 sp. rear to make any difference....besides something else to fail.

Paid $600 for the drone back when I bought it. So ultimately, I would have $1800 total into the truck.

Interior of the 1981.

Well, the 1981 truck is really a 1987 model. Got the VIN today and decoded it. The ad had 1981 as the year.

Latest posts