International 684 WANTED, preferably dead

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Hey, we picked up a rolled international 684, and it was in good shape before the rolling, so we're looking for a parts donor tractor, with a blown engine, tranny, or whatnot... here's what we have, and why you shouldn't drink and drive, even a tractor.. the most ironic (or not) part is that the "NASCAR.. Sponored by BUDWEISER" had was still beside the seat.

I think the 574 is a similar enough model that we could use and there may be others

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

actually, once you take the bent tinwork off, it's not too bad, it needs an adapter plate for the bellhousing, tinwork optional, and both tranny input shafts... Oh, a rad as well... Optionally, the dead tractor I'm looking for could be revived with parts from this one... if we don't find a tractor, the wheels will fit right on a massey 165 we have, which is in need of rubber

it was a fun afternoon towing the thing up, but it worked out alright... that little green machine is a home built 4 wd 4wheel steering front end loader, it's crazy

Nesikep

I have never actually done the research but with me having some IH equipment I looked closely at some of the Case IH tractors when they were first introduced. I was surprised to see under the extensively modified sheet metal what looked to me to be my IH 574 running gear. It is possible that maybe more than the 574 would have interchangeable parts. In the tractor salvage yards there are more 574s than you may imagine. These tractors were commonplace on tobacco farms here in NC. Good luck.

If you are happy with this deal then I'm happy for you.
You said...
"that little green machine is a home built 4 wd 4wheel steering front end loader, it's crazy."

IF this is your hobby I think the IH tractor makes sense. But man, that thing is mangled. Hard to say what parts of it took hard hits, setting them up for early failure.

It looks to me like you need a good 684, this one might make a parts tractor.
I have two good 684's and one parts tractor, the 684's are good tractors.

upfrombottom":1grsybqt said:
Shoulda left that one there for erosion control.
been hard for me to walk away leaving a set of tires like that behind,, new set alone will kick a grand in the ass

well, we've sourced most of the essential parts we needed, and the total comes to about 2000, maybe 2500, and we don't really care if we cut up an old bathtub for a hood for it, the main thing is it's functional. But if we can make a good running tractor for under 4000, I think we're ahead of the game.. we are also looking for a loader for it, and well, within canada makes for simpler shipping

KenB, would you be willing to part with anything from your tractors? if so, PM me your phone number or email

we've torn the tranny down and it's in fine shape, minus the bell housing, the rear end of the tractor is perfect... we do need a few little knick knacks though

So what happened to the front end. ? Looks like it has been wrapped round a tree but if you can get a line on the front axle and haul it up too you would be further ahead

that's exactly what happened, it got wrapped around a tree, after rolling 100 feet down a bank...

we're still looking for some parts for it, but we're going to do our own tinwork, it's going to be, erm, unique to say the least, but i got it fired up a couple days ago and it sounds healthy, apart from the transmission input shaft and casing, the internals are perfect, and the rear half never got touched, we'll still end up with a few thousand into it, but I think it'll be worthwhile in the end.... I'll post pictures ones it's all done.. you'll get a laugh

I think 2000 in parts will do it, which includes a new clutch, new seals, and other little stuff... we've sourced most of the parts now

well, it's basically all back together, it'll have a little bit a different look than original, but I think it will look good after it's all done, and the total price will be more around 3000, but we've replaced a lot of stuff that wasn't essential to replace... the front grill will be from a 65 ford county, and if I get my way, it'll have the hood of a 28 buick complete with louvered sides... we're also putting about 300 bucks into painting it, and that'll be done by the end of the week if all goes as planned... I'll post some pictures when I'm done and you can tell me what you think of it

Latest posts