Who wanted JLTrent's 7.3L?

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know if that model was the one that liked to break off spark plugs in the head, but I'd suggest changing them sooner rather than later so they're hopefully not seized in
Yup. Before they had that problem, the Triton had spark plugs blowing out of the holes. I've got an 03 V-10, had to put new replacement heads on it. Only three threads in that aluminum head holding the spark plug... so then they loosen up and tear the threads out of the hole on the way out. Like a shotgun going off under the hood when they come out. I put "inserts" in first, but they didn't hold either. And the Ford engineers had the bright idea of making it so you have to pull the motor out the grill, or pull the body off the truck to change the heads. Brilliant! Nice motor though, once I got new heads put on. I guess the broken off spark plugs are more costly to fix than the "blow 'em out of the hole" problem, from what I've heard.

That is a sweet ass ride. Unfortunately I can't afford the divorce and the truck!

In all seriousness if I needed a truck I wouldn't bat an eye at it. Plenty of classic cars sell for more than they were new and that is a way better buy at $40k than a new one is at $90k. Bet it sells in no time.
I don't know my old 7.3
doesn't hold a candle to my 22 Ram 6.7.

There is no way I would pay 40k for that. I didn't pay much more than that for my 17' f350 (6.7) lariat that is loaded and it had around 60,000 miles on it when I got it.

That is a sweet ass ride. Unfortunately I can't afford the divorce and the truck!

In all seriousness if I needed a truck I wouldn't bat an eye at it. Plenty of classic cars sell for more than they were new and that is a way better buy at $40k than a new one is at $90k. Bet it sells in no time.
Lots of not-even-close-to-classic cars and pickups sell for more than they cost new nowadays.

They started popping up all of a sudden.

They started popping up all of a sudden.
There good trucks, probably the best Ford ever built.
The icing is the 7.3 is bullet proof.

There is no way I would pay 40k for that. I didn't pay much more than that for my 17' f350 (6.7) lariat that is loaded and it had around 60,000 miles on it when I got it.
The new trucks are just SO costly to fix.. new 10 speed auto transmissions, complex engines, etc.. I mean they have their upsides but if you're doing on-warranty work they can cost you a lot REAL fast

Latest posts