I'M HENRY THE 8TH

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Anyone else noticed how many professional athletes now have II,III, IV etc. at the end of their names on their jerseys?? Many years ago if there was more than one generation with the same name you would just be a "Jr". Now ever since Robert Griffin, III started playing in the NFL many have apparently traced their roots and discovered their were multiple generation in their family with the same identical name. I swear I saw one the other day that was "The 5th". Evidently this bunch is deep into genealogical studies.

True Grit Farms":3mz3c7y3 said:
Wouldn't be any of that nonsense if blood test were required.

Grit I did come across this...might be something to it:

they just assume thet have bast ard children out there and wanna give them a shout out

Everyone had simple first names until the Roots tv series back in the 70,s. Now they got African names ,some even seem to be made up.

cowboy43":2zk9ihfm said:
Everyone had simple first names until the Roots tv series back in the 70,s. Now they got African names ,some even seem to be made up.

You mean like Le-a where the dash don't be silent?

greybeard":3deem51z said:
Jogeephus":3deem51z said:
True Grit Farms":3deem51z said:
Wouldn't be any of that nonsense if blood test were required.

Or if their first and last names had to be the same.
Jogeephus Jogeephus?

Nah, like what George Foreman did. I believe he named all his boys George. Don't seem right to use these numbers if the babydaddy is MIA or unknown.

We had a young gal name her child JKMNOP. No joke.
Correct pronunciation: NO ELL.

bball":2xjhz4ut said:
We had a young gal name her child JKMNOP. No joke.
Correct pronunciation: NO ELL.

A young girl I had class with in college had a suggestive name that made you wonder about her parents - Dawanna Faulk. The professor always called her name with deliberation.

An OB nurse told my dad, who was her teacher, that a women named her daughter placenta. She said it "was just a such a beautiful word, everyone kept say during the birthing." :yuck:

sim.-ang.king":2x3h2ta0 said:
An OB nurse told my dad, who was her teacher, that a women named her daughter placenta. She said it "was just a such a beautiful word, everyone kept say during the birthing." :yuck:
Good thing she wasn't born here... Her name would be afterburff. :cowboy:

Latest posts