I'm gonna get wired up I guess Aug 2.

Help Support CattleToday:

Try drinking some dill pickle juice for the muscle cramps. Half a teacup does wonders for me.
I will try that. I met with a Sports medicine doctor a few weeks ago. She was I guess like a neurologist, was told she assisted neurosurgeons during surgeries. In order to see a neurosurgeon you have to have a referral.

My MD doctor whom I saw for 31 years got cancer and had to retire. So that left me without a primary care doctor that I could get to give me a referral if I needed one. So there is a place called the University of Arkansas Medical Science in Little Rock Arkansas. Am not sure I am describing exactly what it is but was told it's more of a medical college to educate students to become Surgeon's and other types of Doctors. They come up
with new treatments etc…, Have one of the top Trauma Centers in the state. But it is also a Hospital. When my wife got hurt they flew her by helicopter to that hospital 150 miles verse several other big hospitals within a 50 mile radius because UAMS was better equipped to handle her emergency.

So not having a primary care doctor and not really knowing who to see. My friend who is having back trouble has been going to UAMS to see those neurosurgeons.

To get to the point Kenny when I went to that neurologist at UAMS and filled out my paperwork to see her. And put down all the medications and other meds that I was using for my back pain. I included " Willow Balm ! "😊

She saw that and ask me what is willow balm ? I explained to her what it was and how I had heard about it on a talk forum and that it is pretty good stuff and helps arthritis a lot too. I thought that was kind of funny that she had not heard of willow balm.

So Kenny in a round about way you may have introduced a new medication to a highly renowned Medical University !!! Lol !!!

Myself I really like willow balm and should have some arriving in the mail anytime now. It's doesn't do anything for the back or muscle cramps but seems to help the shoulders. Wife uses it a lot. Says it helps her back from
When she broke it.

I will try that. I met with a Sports medicine doctor a few weeks ago. She was I guess like a neurologist, was told she assisted neurosurgeons during surgeries. In order to see a neurosurgeon you have to have a referral.

My MD doctor whom I saw for 31 years got cancer and had to retire. So that left me without a primary care doctor that I could get to give me a referral if I needed one. So there is a place called the University of Arkansas Medical Science in Little Rock Arkansas. Am not sure I am describing exactly what it is but was told it's more of a medical college to educate students to become Surgeon's and other types of Doctors. They come up
with new treatments etc…, Have one of the top Trauma Centers in the state. But it is also a Hospital. When my wife got hurt they flew her by helicopter to that hospital 150 miles verse several other big hospitals within a 50 mile radius because UAMS was better equipped to handle her emergency.

So not having a primary care doctor and not really knowing who to see. My friend who is having back trouble has been going to UAMS to see those neurosurgeons.

To get to the point Kenny when I went to that neurologist at UAMS and filled out my paperwork to see her. And put down all the medications and other meds that I was using for my back pain. I included " Willow Balm ! "😊

She saw that and ask me what is willow balm ? I explained to her what it was and how I had heard about it on a talk forum and that it is pretty good stuff and helps arthritis a lot too. I thought that was kind of funny that she had not heard of willow balm.

So Kenny in a round about way you may have introduced a new medication to a highly renowned Medical University !!! Lol !!!

Myself I really like willow balm and should have some arriving in the mail anytime now. It's doesn't do anything for the back or muscle cramps but seems to help the shoulders. Wife uses it a lot. Says it helps her back from
When she broke it.
I had knee surgery a month ago but still use the willow balm morning and night. Reminds me that I need to order more.

I had knee surgery a month ago but still use the willow balm morning and night. Reminds me that I need to order more.
That stuff must really be popular. I was going order one of the big bottles because it was a little cheaper per ounce ordering the big bottle and they were out of it in the big bottles. Finally found a place that had 5 of the big bottles that were all sold but one bottle . Order it and three tubes . Should have been here by now so not sure I will get order.

Usually they happen after I have been out in the heat all day bailing hay, between that and using the clutch on the tractor all day and then walking into the air conditioning is what triggers the muscle contractions.
I've had some horrible legcramps at times, so bad had to get help getting up, and then wished I had not.

An 'often' fix for that is not come in and just sit down or eat and then go lay on the couch. You need to let the muscles (especially leg muscles) wind down a bit at a time. Walk or do a little leg exercise, lightly use a stationary bike for a few minutes or walk on a treadmill for 5 minutes at a leisurely pace while partaking of an adult beverage (or whatever other adults partake of) .

Works for me anyway...

Usually they happen after I have been out in the heat all day bailing hay, between that and using the clutch on the tractor all day and then walking into the air conditioning is what triggers the muscle contractions.
I've had some horrible legcramps at times, so bad had to get help getting up, and then wished I had not.

An 'often' fix for that is not come in and just sit down or eat and then go lay on the couch. You need to let the muscles (especially leg muscles) wind down a bit at a time. Walk or do a little leg exercise, lightly use a stationary bike for a few minutes or walk on a treadmill for 5 minutes at a leisurely pace while partaking of an adult beverage (or whatever other adults partake of) .

Works for me anyway...

Works for me anyway...
I have been trying to drive anything with a clutch no more than I have too. That seems to have helped me avoid the cramps a little bit.

I don't know why but sometimes my right side of my lower back gives me trouble and I have more leg cramps in my right leg. Then for some reason things switch to my left side. Think it's when I have been driving trucks or tractors that I have to use my left leg to push the clutch in a lot.

Kind of the same reason my leg muscles from my waist to my knees go numb. If I stand in one spot like when I am talking to someone my leg muscles go numb.

Was talking to a friend of mine who is 67 that had a tree fall on him when he was 41 when he worked for the Forest Service. He was telling me about all of the surgeries he has had.

He knows the guy I was telling you about that might have the electrodes put in. He told me he had that done his self in Tulsa Oklahoma. He said that they had to remove the electrodes less than an hour after they had put them in. Said that just for no reason both of his legs from his waist down just started raising up and dropping back down. He said the surgeon immediately took him back to the OR and removed them.

The other friend of mine that is considering having that done was selected as a candidate to have that procedure done at UAMS . He said there has been several doctors calling and talking with him about it. They haven't told him for sure they will do the procedure on him yet only that he is a candidate that they might offer doing it for him. So I guess it depends on the person's back injury as to whether or not the electrodes might work for them. And I don't know how long ago it was that the guy who had to have the electrodes removed had that surgery. So things might be better now and doctors know more about doing the implants than they use to.

Regardless it's something I hope I never have to think about having done some day. Until a person is facing back injuries they really don't understand how much stress it is just thinking about it. Anyway that's how I feel about it.

I'm tellin' ya... stop drinking soda and take a chewable calcium every day and I'd bet money your leg cramps go away.

I used to have multiple severe cramps every day. Went through all the suggestions from every source of information I could find. Some helped, and none get rid of them completely. Came across an obscure article that mentioned soda being a cause, and stopped drinking soda and I've had a minor cramp maybe twice in five years, always after cheating and having some kind of carbonated drink.

It took about a week to see any improvement, and a couple of months to be free of cramps.

@kenny thomas said he doesn't drink/hasn't had soda in years. Not everyone will respond the same way.
I have had quite a bit of relief from pinching the sciatic nerve 3 weeks ago from my chiropractor... and there are people who wouldn't get near one. BUT.... it is for each to try things. My chiropractor was trained in the Gonstead method and uses a heat/thermometer type thing down my spine EVERY time I go there to check for inflamation before he does anything. And does x-rays before he touched me the first time and listened to my "ailments". Does x-rays every 5 years or so unless there has been a problem inbetween. He has done wonders for me over the years.
My son gets leg cramps and they won't go away some nights... he now is back to eating a banana every day... the potassium is easily digested... also magnesium helps some. Theraworx is a fast absorbing cream you can buy at Walmart if you are there.

@kenny thomas said he doesn't drink/hasn't had soda in years. Not everyone will respond the same way.
I have had quite a bit of relief from pinching the sciatic nerve 3 weeks ago from my chiropractor... and there are people who wouldn't get near one. BUT.... it is for each to try things. My chiropractor was trained in the Gonstead method and uses a heat/thermometer type thing down my spine EVERY time I go there to check for inflamation before he does anything. And does x-rays before he touched me the first time and listened to my "ailments". Does x-rays every 5 years or so unless there has been a problem inbetween. He has done wonders for me over the years.
My son gets leg cramps and they won't go away some nights... he now is back to eating a banana every day... the potassium is easily digested... also magnesium helps some. Theraworx is a fast absorbing cream you can buy at Walmart if you are there.
Yup, bananas worked some for me too. Calcium supplements were better.

And yes, we are all different. Just floating it out there for anyone that's serious about getting rid of their cramps. One more thing to try...

He knows the guy I was telling you about that might have the electrodes put in. He told me he had that done his self in Tulsa Oklahoma. He said that they had to remove the electrodes less than an hour after they had put them in. Said that just for no reason both of his legs from his waist down just started raising up and dropping back down. He said the surgeon immediately took him back to the OR and removed them.

There are always risks and maybe undesirable side effects in everything, which is why they do the initial wiring and leave the other end of the leads and controller outside for a while rather than implanting everything under the skin right away..in case they need to remove the leads.

On the leg cramps, a few years ago I was having them bad, along with Charlie horses in my feet. Now that latter will get your attention. Until then, my wife thought she was the only one that could curl my toes.

I did the pickle juice but eventually switched to olives. I eat four jalapeño stuffed olives and a shot glass of the juice every evening. Also take a magnesium supplement. I finally figured out that dehydration is a significant contributing factor, so I started drinking a glass of water between shots of bourbon. The cramps are cured.

An ongoing problem has been restless leg syndrome, except it's my whole body. I can't count how many bruises my wife has had over the years, and how many times I've been banished to the couch. She suggested potassium, and started buying bananas. I couldn't bring myself to eat a banana, so she bought me some pills and she ate the bananas.

Well I enjoyed watching her eat bananas. Then she'd curl my toes and send me to the couch anyway. Life ain't fair.

Works for me anyway...
I use Theraworx works great. You are correct in saying you need to wind down the legs after a long day.

Latest posts