I'm gonna complain about the rain

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":1pbyssv9 said:
I've seen drier times but not even the drought of 2011 dried up 2 shallow ponds I have over on the east side of my property--they are very very close to being dry today. Last week of may, they had 4' of flood water running over the top of them. Been a strange year, after a really warm but wet winter. Drilled a post hole today to 3' then dug it by hand to 4'--should have seen some seepage at that depth but was bone dry top to bottom. ??

No rain since the first week in June. Pools still have water. Grass is all gone have started haying. Did not make enough hay to go very far, still have some hay left over from last year. The woman at the ASC office tried to get me to buy drought insurance when it was raining like crazy, I declined might should have reconsidered..

Rain came within 5 miles. Hay is drying well. No rain predicted until Tuesday. The Lord will provide. Lord has a very broad meaning, as in Lord of the Rings.

Lord: someone or something having power, authority, or influence; a master or ruler.

It is frightful to imagine: Lord Hillary Clinton or Lord Donald Thrump. I ain't gonna vote no more. It ain't gonna rain no more and I ain't gonna vote no more.

herofan":3vsrv2cb said:
If i had know this would be a record setting year, i would have kept a record of the rainfall. It gets to be old hat going out and dumping 1 to 3 inches of rain out of the gauge about every day or so. I have a little branch that runs in the lot in front of my house. Even in a normal year, it always dries up in the summer, but it has been running all summer this time; I can't remember the last time it did that.

I will have to say, I've had wet and I've had dry. I'll take this over dry.

I just ordered one of these.
http://www.cabelas.com/category/Digital ... 295780.uts

hurleyjd":2ub5blv3 said:

I have one and will not buy another. Broke twice in the 2 1/2 years I've owned it because the plastic and sun don't mix. There's two parts to the outside unit and if anything goes wrong you can't just buy a part, you have to buy the half that's broken and it's not cheap after shipping charges are added. It's broken now and will sometimes start measuring rain when there's not any. Currently looking to find something else.

1982vett":13y8tphr said:
Haven't gotten a any for 5 weeks......
Well, you didn't want rain anyway did you? You wouldn't have anything to complain about and you'd have to change the color of your avatar.

greybeard":194n08wa said:
1982vett":194n08wa said:
Haven't gotten a any for 5 weeks......
Well, you didn't want rain anyway did you? You wouldn't have anything to complain about and you'd have to change the color of your avatar.
Unfortunate It seems to be accurate more than not

True Grit Farms":3mbdm14d said:
One thing about complaining about the weather is, it's not very productive.
We are never happy too much of this and not enough of that. Lots of things we can't control.

Looks like I started this thread on August 1st. To the best of my recollection, it has rained 15 or 16 of the last 19 days. It's calling for heavy rain this weekend. I have never seen anything like this summer before. I've had a crop or two of tobacco scald out in my life. This deal is different. Total loss of my second hay crop. Things are even starting to rot an mold. Horses have thrush in mid August. Very strange year.

Bigfoot":25wx0xm6 said:
Looks like I started this thread on August 1st. To the best of my recollection, it has rained 15 or 16 of the last 19 days. It's calling for heavy rain this weekend. I have never seen anything like this summer before. I've had a crop or two of tobacco scald out in my life. This deal is different. Total loss of my second hay crop. Things are even starting to rot an mold. Horses have thrush in mid August. Very strange year.

Same here. Hay rolls that are setting out from first cutting are covered in weeds and vines. I expect half is rotted.

slick4591":36zpycid said:
My pasture.

Better watch it, little Chinese soldiers may come climbing out of there next week. A little thnder bumper just came thru about 2pm (like clockwork) and dropped another 3/4 to 1" here. I think we've inherited JW 's weather cycle for awhile.

Just curious but is there a member here from Louisiana? I've seen some pretty crazy videos of guys loading cattle onto trailers neck deep in water.

Several members here from La .
Ryder
CypressFarms
JW Brahman
and one from New Iberia whose name I forget.

Got a link to the videos or as it just on TV?

Facebook. I'll see if I can get a link to work. We had some pretty bad flooding down around the Little Red...last year? A lot of guys lost cattle or had to sell out pretty cheap because they had nowhere else to take them. Sad situation.

Latest posts