I think someone stole my hay....

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers":3qsqllq9 said:
Only education is yours. Horse people was the first lesson, second was letting your half leave. Third was not telling them they burned their half or having them charged with arson if it was all burned. Fourth was Horse people.

Hahaha, and that was from a man that has horses.

kenny thomas":38vksb58 said:
jedstivers":38vksb58 said:
Only education is yours. Horse people was the first lesson, second was letting your half leave. Third was not telling them they burned their half or having them charged with arson if it was all burned. Fourth was Horse people.

Hahaha, and that was from a man that has horses.
Horses are like Semi Trucks in my business, a necessary evil.

kenny thomas":21h4o6mg said:
Is that what AC is, a necessary evil? hahaha
Do you not provide Internet service to your guys or what? AC is around less and less these days. I'm starting to think he doesn't love me anymore.

Isomade":3i6ifg1y said:
kenny thomas":3i6ifg1y said:
Is that what AC is, a necessary evil? hahaha
Do you not provide Internet service to your guys or what? AC is around less and less these days. I'm starting to think he doesn't love me anymore.
He had Internet trouble for awhile after he got his new place all done but now he is up and running. He hasn't posted much on here this summer, something about not as much free time.....
Anyway he went back to MO for a few days before we start harvest next week.

hooknline":23vapoco said:
You can go the small claims route. It's not hard to get a judgement. Collecting on that judgement is another story. I've gotten several judgements against customers but never gotten paid on any of them

hook, when i lived in texas i had to use the small claims court twice. collection was never a problem, as i just turned the matter over to the constable - webb county.......

Dont mean to sound harsh but this is more about you than them. You did a handshake deal with a stranger no referances. You let them haul your half of the hay without paying for it. You didnt go talk to guy face to face just his wife on the phone if they are such nice people why are you scared to talk to them. You should have went and got your half. The deal was to good to be true they were going to bale the hay haul and sell your part all for 50%. You have held there hand and watched them cheat you. My grandpa always said you cant cheat a grown man. I would be to embaresed to tell this story if i was you

salebarn junkie":3qwxjz37 said:
My grandpa always said you cant cheat a grown man. I would be to embaresed to tell this story if i was you

Lol!! Are you being serious??? I'm going to just assume you're joking!

Also I'm sure your grandpa would appreciate a "grown man" knowing how to spell! Embarrassed*

CPL":3rkuaa5m said:
salebarn junkie":3rkuaa5m said:
My grandpa always said you cant cheat a grown man. I would be to embaresed to tell this story if i was you

Lol!! Are you being serious??? I'm going to just assume you're joking!

Also I'm sure your grandpa would appreciate a "grown man" knowing how to spell! Embarrassed*
The point isa grown man is in control of things that happen to him. Ive lost lots of money over the years put it was my fault by not doing enough research, by not standing up for my self or many other reasons. My 7 year old is also EMBARRASSED about the way i spell. You need to be man enough to have a face to face talk about it before going to court or calling the lawp

salebarn junkie":3rr8c9nn said:
Dont mean to sound harsh but this is more about you than them. You did a handshake deal with a stranger no referances. You let them haul your half of the hay without paying for it. You didnt go talk to guy face to face just his wife on the phone if they are such nice people why are you scared to talk to them. You should have went and got your half. The deal was to good to be true they were going to bale the hay haul and sell your part all for 50%. You have held there hand and watched them cheat you. My grandpa always said you cant cheat a grown man. I would be to embaresed to tell this story if i was you

I think you do mean to sound harsh. Scared? Holding their hand while they cheated me? Get out of here buddy. Maybe you need to actually read everything I wrote. And no, I don't know where they live. I have their website but I am not going to post it here because they have a lot of pics of their children and I don't want to involve them.

When I look a man in the eye and shake his hand, it means something to me. Its the way I was raised. It's the way I run my life. It's the way I raise my children. It also meant something to both of my Grandfathers as well.

Rhune":13al6fon said:
salebarn junkie":13al6fon said:

I think you do mean to sound harsh. Scared? Holding their hand while they cheated me? Get out of here buddy. Maybe you need to actually read everything I wrote. And no, I don't know where they live. I have their website but I am not going to post it here because they have a lot of pics of their children and I don't want to involve them.

When I look a man in the eye and shake his hand, it means something to me. Its the way I was raised. It's the way I run my life. It's the way I raise my children. It also meant something to both of my Grandfathers as well.

Rhune,

It's easy to see how you got caught up in this. As a "man of honor" you put a lot of faith in a hand shake. Unfortunately the other party was not as honorable. I do almost all of business the same way. Sure I have been burned by it, but I plan to continue doing trades that way. About 80 years ago my grandfather made a hand shake deal with a neighbor to move a fence so the neighbor could have access to a spring on his place. When my mother inherited the place she honored the hand shake. When I bought the place, I honored the hand shake. The guy only had three or four acres and a house. When his children inherited it a few years ago they sold it immediately. His children insinuated I was a thief when I wanted to move the fence back to the property line before they sold it. I rolled over and took it. Neither deed was clear where the property line was, although me and the old man knew. It doesn't make me any less of a man. It does say volumes about his children's character.

The first step in geting your money is to go to there house or farm and talk to them. There web site would be good place to find it. Handshake deals are great for neighbors and friends even friends of friends but not strangers on craigs list. Your making this to easy for them.

Latest posts