I think someone stole my hay....

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm the kinda guy that does things quietly. Usually the guilty party is out 7 fold what he screwed me out of. Like hook says fixing and replacing "things" can cost a fortune especially the little things that are not normally insured. No I don't always get my money back but satisfaction goes a long way knowing that the SOB suffered more than me. I'm redneck that way. I'll never say a thing about how his troubles started to anybody. After a few "little house on the prarie disasters" the light bulb seems to pop on in their head and they straighten their act up.

All that quite stuff don't get you payed. Jail is not exactly new to me. I been there before never learned to like it but i never learned to like someone not paying me what they owe me.A few days in jail to get my point across is likely not to do me much harm.

Here is some good advice----------You can't win against a loser--------------I have been down this road many times. If you win in small claims it's up to you collect. That never works. I've had a little rental property over the years. To the best of my recollection every person ended up leaving oweing me money. Waist of time to try to collect. Even if it's a matter of principle it's still not worth it. They said it all when they said they didn't want to pay for wet hay. They didn't mind taking it, hauling it, feeding it. Just not paying for it. LOSERS

Caustic Burno":13gqsusq said:
Silence is golden. This is one of those calm, cool, collected moment's.
Never know what will happen in six month's to a year.

I have been waiting almost a year on one and 7 months on a bad check from another. I wave every time I pass them on the road. Almost time I guess.

I would have to drag them into small claims court just for the satisfaction of ruining their day. Some states you can garnish their wages to collect a judgement, too. And yes, revenge is sweet, especially if they don't see it coming - but there's some things you just don't post on the Internet.

The statute of limitations is up on this one - a hundred years ago when I was in high school and before unleaded gas, somebody wronged a friend and they took some fantastic revenge. Put a few ping pong balls down the gas tank of the one who done them wrong. You know how kids run around close to "E" all the time. Well one of those balls would get sucked down and block the fuel, the car would die. Soon as it died, the pressure was gone, the ball floated, it would start right back up again. We drove past that kid's house every chance we got to see him under the hood, buying parts and trying to figure out his intermittent stalling problem. Tee hee.

slick4591":1ukhv8mw said:
I don't know what state you're in, but a call to the sheriff is free. They can probably help or send you in the right direction.
Right .............he ain't the only one they been taking advantage of.

cow pollinater":30ds9z90 said:
Your half of the hay is yours until you get paid. Go over there with a truck and start loading. If they want to argue ask them to show you where the wet hay got burned... If they can't then finish loading your half and drive away.
Like a South Texas hot shot! Show up with enough help and they won't even hear you over the tv........:)

I know someone once that cheated somebody out of some money. I think I heard somewhere that the stink stuff that goes in fly traps found it's way into the fresh air intakes of his car and truck.

lakeportfarms":lp69qlp0 said:
I know someone once that cheated somebody out of some money. I think I heard somewhere that the stink stuff that goes in fly traps found it's way into the fresh air intakes of his car and truck.
Frozen shrimp or squid. You can take a coat hanger and get them way up there and they'll never get found.

Talk to your local trapper about gtting some scent glands from skunks, that works well too. ;-)

Definately call LEO and see if they can help and report it as stolen. If they came on your property and removed property that was not paid for that is stealing.

Finally talked to a deputy. Only took 2 calls and waiting 3 days.

As you all said, the deputy said it was a civil matter. I asked him what I should do next and he said that he couldn't tell me because that would be giving me legal advice.

Going to wander down to the court house this next week and figure out how to get something filed in small claims court. Will keep you all posted.

Small claims is easy. Pay the fee, pay to have a summons served. Get a court date. Them argue your case. Hope you have something you can print out as proof

hooknline":1flizhod said:
Small claims is easy. Pay the fee, pay to have a summons served. Get a court date. Them argue your case. Hope you have something you can print out as proof

:nod: :nod: :nod:

And if you "prove" your case and win, good luck trying to collect the money.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":3tnh5g64 said:
hooknline":3tnh5g64 said:

Katherine

Yeah, now its just for fun. I hope I can put a lien on their business/property or maybe garnish their wages. It will be an educational experience for sure

Rhune":2d4ydd44 said:
Workinonit Farm":2d4ydd44 said:
hooknline":2d4ydd44 said:

Katherine

Yeah, now its just for fun. I hope I can put a lien on their business/property or maybe garnish their wages. It will be an educational experience for sure

Education is a good thing. Good luck and I hope there is some kind of resolution, in some form or another that meets with your satisfaction. ;-)

Katherine

Only education is yours. Horse people was the first lesson, second was letting your half leave. Third was not telling them they burned their half or having them charged with arson if it was all burned. Fourth was Horse people.

jedstivers":xeqe3kyj said:
Only education is yours. Horse people was the first lesson, second was letting your half leave. Third was not telling them they burned their half or having them charged with arson if it was all burned. Fourth was Horse people.
x2 i agree with jed. the other thing that comes to my mind is that someday they will have to answer for this and you won't.

I think that the main problem was advertising on Craigslist. People (crooks) looking for easy money troll it.

All horse people are not like that. There are crooks everywhere, including cattlemen / hay brokers.

If the court system does not resolve your problem, report them on http://www.ripoffreport.com/

Latest posts