I see train wreck coming

Help Support CattleToday:

Oh no, not girl scout cookie flavored coffee, yuck. I'm not much of a fan of girl scout cookies; I just don't think they taste very good. My sister one year gave me so sort of vanilla coffee that I really liked, but when I asked her where she bought it she was not sure.
Girl Scout cookies used to be better. Then they started messing with the selection and only kept the one cookie I would never eat... Thin Mints.

I was a big fan of the vanilla sandwich cookies. Dunked in cold milk they were the best. But they don't sell them anymore. (Probably a good thing for me.)

Haha…I read the title of the thread and thought…"what is this all about?" mainly cause I was thinking, as I am warming up with my tea, calving train wrecks in -40 weather. We are headed for a deep freeze. Always makes one extra vigilant but always seems extra challenging. Glad it's just cookies, coffee and tea…course I did not skim back to the beginning to see how we got to the last three pages 😂

Took a second to go back to page one…Dave I agree…I see a neighbour train wreck coming too! In fact…Dealing with my own neighbour train wreck. Citidiots bought the acreage across the way and they feel their dogs can freely roam, they live in the middle of nowhere and can do what they like with zero consideration for others…our LGD, for one, has different opinions…she has sent out three warnings to their border crossing immigrants, we have had the polite talk, last one involved yelping dogs slinking back under their gate but now zero trust from our LGD and I too see a train wreck on the horizon…trouble is neighbours can play nasty when they are "entitled" and unlike the bears, cougars and coyotes we normally deal with...it has me concerned. She is a smart girl but new territory in the training now! "Ignore" has taken on a whole new meaning for our girl. Not really the neighbour relations I am used to. But like guide cookies - times are changing. Good luck Dave!

Chicory is......well........different. I know it was a widely used coffee substitute at one time. There must have been a trick to brewing it.

I read a lot about the civil war. The coffee, when they had time to gather it, was usually tree bark, double boiled acorns, mushrooms etc.
We are all so lucky to be able to push a few buttons and get java. (not the cow)

We use a French press and usually drink it with cream 3-5 cups a day, sometimes with whiskey or (insert name here), flavored creamer is the key. Only flavored coffee I liked was the Jim Beam Vanilla.

I read a lot about the civil war. The coffee, when they had time to gather it, was usually tree bark, double boiled acorns, mushrooms etc.
We are all so lucky to be able to push a few buttons and get java. (not the cow)

We use a French press and usually drink it with cream 3-5 cups a day, sometimes with whiskey or (insert name here), flavored creamer is the key. Only flavored coffee I liked was the Jim Beam Vanilla.
Roasted yaupon leaves makes a fairly decent tea…just don't make very strong (the Latin name is ilex vomitorium for a reason) - green pine straw makes a lemony tasting tea…just don't boil it unless you like the taste of turpentine…a little historical tea info…

Roasted yaupon leaves makes a fairly decent tea…just don't make very strong (the Latin name is ilex vomitorium for a reason) - green pine straw makes a lemony tasting tea…just don't boil it unless you like the taste of turpentine…a little historical tea info…
I was thinking of posting that very tea and a comment very similar. The tea you are talking about actually has a pioneer medicinal name. "Cherokee purge". Ilex vomitorium is a species of holly that is common throughout the southeast United States.

I was thinking of posting that very tea and a comment very similar. The tea you are talking about actually has a pioneer medicinal name. "Cherokee purge". Ilex vomitorium is a species of holly that is common throughout the southeast United States.
The Caddo made a strong mixture and used it to purge themselves…sometimes before a battle and sometimes the young men would drink it in a contest to see who could last longest without throwing up. Maybe someone should mix up a batch for the neighbor if he doesn't take care of them cows…lol

Latest posts