I need a number to a good divorce lawyer in VA.

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338":mds18rk9 said:
chippie more wemen have made your last statement than you know.its a known fact that the single wemen here dont like dairymen or cattlemen because they know the cattle comes 1st and family comes 2nd if something happens that needs tending to.

There has never been a day of my life, my fathers life, or my Grandfathers life...that the stupid freakin cows meant more than family.

I am sorry for you if your experience is different than mine!

well i guess youve always been lucky enough to run cattle with out them throwing a kink in your plans just as you was getting ready to go somewhere.i learned along time ago no plans was set in concrete that cows couldnt change.

Chippie is right.
I once told my darlin companion that she could have a horse if I could have a boat. She agreed. Well, a few years went by and she happened across some horses. Now we have horses, and I still don't have a boat.
Truth is I don't want a boat. Never did. After looking back I realize I can't measure the happiness nor therapeutic benefit of hobbies. We all have some. I learned the best money I have ever spent was to see a smile.

bigbull338":30uu09ok said:
well i guess youve always been lucky enough to run cattle with out them throwing a kink in your plans just as you was getting ready to go somewhere.i learned along time ago no plans was set in concrete that cows couldnt change.

No I just come from a long line of people who put family above everything. Now missing a movie cuz the cows are out is hardly a traumatic experience for the kids.

bigbull338":3djh5voa said:
chippie more wemen have made your last statement than you know.its a known fact that the single wemen here dont like dairymen or cattlemen because they know the cattle comes 1st and family comes 2nd if something happens that needs tending to.
Owned a dairy for quite a while and first thing I told myself was that those dam cows would never come before my family. They'd get milked, fed and taken care of well but never would they come first. Family is too precious and cattle are easily replaced !!!!!!! Get your priorities in order.

TB theyve always been in order.thats the way i was raised.we did what we wanted as a family but always knew the dairy was 1st and that plans could change any second.yeah but you didnt do your own milking.you had hands hired todo everything around the dairy so you could take off.we did all of our own labor plus kept 3 trucks on the road for a few years.only hired a releif milker an they wasnt left in the barn completely alone as we was close by.

I know I did not, and do not, have the dedication required to own a dairy operation. My grandfather did when my dad was in high school and the stories he tells make me :tiphat: to those of you who supply our dairy needs.

bigbull338":1nrvdum9 said:

bigbull338, any critter can throw a kink in your plans. And anyone who has livestock should know this. That is a fact of life. While our kids were young, we never went anywhere that we couldn't be home in a day because of chores. Mainly because we didn't know anyone who could milk. Now that they are young adults, they can milk for us.

About single women not wanting to marry a cattleman or dairyman. Well, if they had that sort of attitude, the cattleman and dairyman are better off without them.

I had a milk cow before I was married and was a day worker too on a ranch. That is how I met my husband.

bigbull338":3kbgiqxk said:
TB theyve always been in order.thats the way i was raised.we did what we wanted as a family but always knew the dairy was 1st and that plans could change any second.
Welcome to my life. My family comes first always but sometimes I have to remember that my ability to take care of them and them wanting my time are sometimes two different things. For me to say the cows come second means going out of business and losing the ability to support my family. Sometimes being family oriented means you work sick, broken, tired, seven days a week, because that's what it takes to take care of a family sometimes.

I have a crazy one now that the horses are here she's certified crazy the horses checked the fences first thing to make sure it was up to their standards lol then check pasture terrain then came to checkbmr out 2 said to h e 1 1 with me feelings mutual. 1 follows me like a dog and apparently likes turkey sandwiches since I threw mine down when was done and he ate it. So I gave him a Cheeto lol

chippie":123ia5oc said:
As you all know, I have horses. You all don't understand how women and girls love horses.
You all have your cattle, if your wife loves horses, let her enjoy her horses.
Looking at it from the wife's view. The horses can help a marriage believe it or not. When you husband is acting a toot. You can go out, and relax with your horse. Horses listen, don't talk back and if well trained are a pleasure to be around.
I don't know how long some of you have been married. My husband and I have been together since 1978. I owned horses before I met my husband, and I can tell you if I were given an ultimatum, the horses would have won. I wouldn't want to have anything to do with someone who has no consideration for my feelings.
How would you all have felt if your wife told you that she did not want any cattle on the place?
My ex-wife did tell me that. Wives listen, don't talk back and if well trained, are a pleasure to be around. :tiphat: :hide:

If I disappear for awhile, you'll know my current wife somehow got wind of this post

heres the thing theres cattlemen that dont like horses on the place and theres people that dont like cattle on a place.if it gets to or grows into a hate for 1 or the other there will be a divorce.ive known some crazy people in my life that are like that.i knew a dairymen that married a gal after she said she would not move to the farm.so she lived in town and he lived on the dairy.when he wanted to see her he went to town.

Latest posts