I need a number to a good divorce lawyer in VA.

Help Support CattleToday:

My experience was with my moms horse. We had a barn area for the horses and we always had 2. I went to feed them some chop and fill their water the stud went crazy pushed me in the corner reared up and came down on me with his hooves and was biting me at 8 years old that was scary and I had nothing else to do with horses since then.

Commercialfarmer":1bcdl0ta said:
You know I go right by a real swanky saddlery next Monday. They can get your credit card number over the phone and I can get you all fixed up with the nicest of everything. X 3 ;-)

LOL

M5farm":1brsnsc5 said:
slick4591":1brsnsc5 said:
Sky ain't no puzz. He had a bad experience with a horse the same as me, only I can talk about mine.

Came with a first wife as she was a drum runner. All our dates during our high school summers were spent at rodeos. Had to miss all the parties, movies and anything else that fell on a weekend. Her parents were paying her entry fees and she always finished one or two places out of the money.

When we married in '76 I was working construction making $3.50 an hour and trying to pay for a trailer house, utilities and groceries. She refused to give that dammed horse up and would hide money for entry fees. Wouldn't have been so bad but mac and cheese was the main entree at my house during the summer while that horse was getting plenty of hay and sweet feed. Ever ate a mac and cheese sandwich? :mad: Oh, and she always still finished one or two places out of the money.

Anyway, there it is.
I hate to tell you slick but the bad experience was not with the horse. :hide:

The horse caused more than one argument so I partly blame him. :lol:

BTW~ That left me desiring to never have contact with the ex, mac and cheese or a horse.

backhoeboogie":mwejlq5n said:
We had 7 once. I must have got my gut full because I haven't missed them any.

Had my fill of horses years ago you can place your hand on the good book, crave it stone or write it in blood
there will be no horses here.
Grandkids tried to play the Granny card for one that didn't work either.

Caustic Burno":13tid532 said:
backhoeboogie":13tid532 said:
We had 7 once. I must have got my gut full because I haven't missed them any.

Had my fill of horses years ago you can place your hand on the good book, crave it stone or write it in blood
there will be no horses here.
Grandkids tried to play the Granny card for one that didn't work either.
Same here, No way no how. There will never be a horse on my place. Wife had one when we married and I told her it was either me or the horse, luckly she chose me.

New horses? No tack? No shelter? Sky it's time to make a choice, love your wife and say yes dear or open your wallet for a several thousand dollar expense. I have said it many times, if you can feed a horse one dollar bills as fast as they can eat them and ........ Nuff said. :?

Alan":1xpmtrje said:
New horses? No tack? No shelter? Sky it's time to make a choice, love your wife and say yes dear or open your wallet for a several thousand dollar expense. I have said it many times, if you can feed a horse one dollar bills as fast as they can eat them and ........ Nuff said. :?

Alan,
It will be her money shes using lol NOT MINE we have our bill 4 we put together and our joint savings and our own checking. Shes a big girl she's got it covered if not guess her arse will be working a lot of overtime at the hospital :lol2: I am giving her equipment shed to use till she gets her own run in shed. It really isn't much I can say I have always bought WHATEVER I wanted and she never said anything so only fair I do the same ya know.. I am not happy about it though.

skyhightree1":11p0jqr1 said:
Alan":11p0jqr1 said:

Alan,
It will be her money shes using lol NOT MINE we have our bill 4 we put together and our joint savings and our own checking. Shes a big girl she's got it covered if not guess her arse will be working a lot of overtime at the hospital :lol2: I am giving her equipment shed to use till she gets her own run in shed. It really isn't much I can say I have always bought WHATEVER I wanted and she never said anything so only fair I do the same ya know.. I am not happy about it though.

Great way to look at it, her money, her choice. My hats off to you sky!. :tiphat:

My wife has five horses she supports, I have one ...... She might help support .... :hide: :lol:

slick4591":294pr4wg said:
M5farm":294pr4wg said:
slick4591":294pr4wg said:
Sky ain't no puzz. He had a bad experience with a horse the same as me, only I can talk about mine.

Came with a first wife as she was a drum runner. All our dates during our high school summers were spent at rodeos. Had to miss all the parties, movies and anything else that fell on a weekend. Her parents were paying her entry fees and she always finished one or two places out of the money.

When we married in '76 I was working construction making $3.50 an hour and trying to pay for a trailer house, utilities and groceries. She refused to give that dammed horse up and would hide money for entry fees. Wouldn't have been so bad but mac and cheese was the main entree at my house during the summer while that horse was getting plenty of hay and sweet feed. Ever ate a mac and cheese sandwich? :mad: Oh, and she always still finished one or two places out of the money. []

BTW~ That left me desiring to never have contact with the ex, mac and cheese or a horse.

It's been awhile, can't you find it in your heart to forgive the mac and cheese? You're missing out on a delicious side dish! :)

Sky, ain't no Injun scared of a horse. You need to watch more Wagon Train shows. Hombra was a good Injun, and a Man Called Horse made a good one.

Sky....do you have daughters?
If so would you rather have them fancy a horse.....
or the tattoed dope head that will be chasing after her....
my advice is to figuartively saddle up and hop on board and get those kids involved in a good 4-h program with the horses and maybe try to get em interested in 4-h livestock....
We have two kids here locally who have just gotten full ride scholarships to Kansas State University from showing livestock. One of my directors daughter had a scholarship to one of the virginia horse schools and she has shown hunter jumpers all over the eastern half of the country....
support em and haul em and encourage em and let them learn how to make wise choices....If mama is involved they won't need a lot of encouragement....just logistical support....money well spent....

I was raised showing and training horses. I have done just about everything you can do with horses. Horses are a worse addiction than cocaine. And more expensive. My addiction got to the point that I dreaded having to tend to them. So I sold them all 6 years ago right before the market fell apart. Said I would never own another one.

And then we bought this place. There are fencelines and thicket areas that I could not get to on foot or in the gator. My best tigerstripe cow went in to the thicket to calve and we searched for her a week. Found her finally and she was dead. So I bought a horse to go into the brush for these occasions. And then of course a saddle and trailer and etc....What was I thinking?

To be honest, it just isn't the love relationship that it used to be. I am just more in love with the cows. And she is extra, she is in the way, she wants to eat cubes and lick tubs. I really don't have time or inclination to ride. There is no love lost between me and the horse.

At least on the plus side, she LOVES my calves. She licks them and babysits. Its the darndest thing I have ever seen.

boondocks":3h4i29dm said:
It's been awhile, can't you find it in your heart to forgive the mac and cheese? You're missing out on a delicious side dish! :)

Doubt it. It reminds me of her and the horse. :yuck:

Don McCallum":zrikdhhy said:
Sky, ain't no Injun scared of a horse. You need to watch more Wagon Train shows. Hombra was a good Injun, and a Man Called Horse made a good one.

Call it what you like I don't do horses. ;-)

pdfangus":zrikdhhy said:
Sky....do you have daughters?
If so would you rather have them fancy a horse.....
or the tattoed dope head that will be chasing after her....
my advice is to figuartively saddle up and hop on board and get those kids involved in a good 4-h program with the horses and maybe try to get em interested in 4-h livestock....
We have two kids here locally who have just gotten full ride scholarships to Kansas State University from showing livestock. One of my directors daughter had a scholarship to one of the virginia horse schools and she has shown hunter jumpers all over the eastern half of the country....
support em and haul em and encourage em and let them learn how to make wise choices....If mama is involved they won't need a lot of encouragement....just logistical support....money well spent....

Yes sir 1 daughter. My mom was also a part of this deal she thought kids needed a horse :shock: Oh well they will be here soon enough. I am not refencing my place thought some of my place has field fence when i bought it most have barb wire hope those fools don't get tangled up.

We're down to just one, she'll be 30 in February.

Bombproof beatty, shoot off her, pack out anything.

She's working on the second generation of neighbors kids, babysitter that is.

She has earned her life pass!!

She has been faithful for 25 years.

But when she's gone that's it..

Latest posts