I Hate Cold

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":2g62o98l said:
Tommy Ruyle":2g62o98l said:
Our oldest son is in Corpus Christi. They have issued FREEZE WARNINGS for tonight down there!

I think its funny. He was laughing at us a few weeks back when he was 60 degrees warmer than us.

I bet we can deal with zero better than they can with 32. :D :D :D

I think you are right. They are calling for 17 here Friday and its the talk of the town. We are freaking out since none of our water lines have insulation. Its going to be a mess and we probably are going to need to be baled out.

We'll appoint a study group. In the meantime, leave a tap running just a little.

hrbelgians":3cm3uwgo said:
dun":3cm3uwgo said:
This global warming is sure causing some problems.

This issue is currently tabled untill around August!

Edit; I should say I think it is? :lol:
So, gloabal warming is a summer thing and the new ice age is a winter thing?

When I lived in Ohio 26yrs ago we would plan for the winter cause we new it would be cold.
Now down here in Texas you can't plan for the winters.
I just add a pair of insulated coveralls,and a coat to the already accumelated junk in my truck.
You might go out to check cattle in short sleeves and come home with your covralls on.
Just recentely seen it drop 40 deg.in 25 min. Must be mister A.G's global warming thang.

Cal

dun":1ve8tzjr said:
hrbelgians":1ve8tzjr said:
dun":1ve8tzjr said:
This global warming is sure causing some problems.

This issue is currently tabled untill around August!

Edit; I should say I think it is? :lol:
So, gloabal warming is a summer thing and the new ice age is a winter thing?

Well.......I don't know but it sure seems to get pushed more in the hot time of the year??

Being I feed daily I got to go out again. Fed extra yesterday. Today they get a bale of the good stuff along with about 50# of corn silage. It's spread out on fenceline, so everybody has room. Bobcat is plugged in with a trickle charge on the battery. I use the skid steer daily to roll out the bales and the bucket to feed silage. Works great. :cowboy:
Sounds like we will see the -40 stuff tonight.
The people that settled in this county obviously came in July. :frowns:

I live in Saskatchewan Canada, and today we hit a record of -42 and that's without the windchill. It was horrible! :frowns:

Jogeephus":38fvb6og said:
Tommy Ruyle":38fvb6og said:
Our oldest son is in Corpus Christi. They have issued FREEZE WARNINGS for tonight down there!

I think its funny. He was laughing at us a few weeks back when he was 60 degrees warmer than us.

I bet we can deal with zero better than they can with 32. :D :D :D

I think you are right. They are calling for 17 here Friday and its the talk of the town. We are freaking out since none of our water lines have insulation. Its going to be a mess and we probably are going to need to be baled out.

You know, I've heard a lot of people saying that this week. Leads me to think my weather services are wrong.
http://www.ranchers.net/photopost/data/500/medium/Forecast.jpg

I'm not real keen on cold weather but on the prairies in Canada it is a fact of life and you just deal with it. We've all seen winters that weren't so bad but we are always prepared for the worst.
It can be tough on cattle when you get those long cold stretches...especially if there is a lot of wind!
It has been fairly tough but until December 14 it was mild and no snow here in central Alberta. I think Alberta is a little easier than Saskatchewan or Manitoba because we get quite a few chinooks. Nothing raises your spirits more than looking west to the mountains and seeing that chinook arch after a long cold spell.

It didn't get as bad as predicted, many schools closed and running late. We have -26 only, it's a walk in the park. Now a warm up, 20 degrees by SAT. There ain't much left of those chinooks by the time they get here. It's pretty much the Missouri River and west that benefits.

mnmtranching":2lzvm6x4 said:
It didn't get as bad as predicted, many schools closed and running late. We have -26 only, it's a walk in the park. Now a warm up, 20 degrees by SAT. There ain't much left of those chinooks by the time they get here. It's pretty much the Missouri River and west that benefits.

We got to -27*! I thought you guys would be really bad. It's blowing pretty good too, but the sun is shining and the sky is clear as a bell.

mnmtranching":1arzb6o2 said:

-32F here this am, was colder the other day. No wind though. School's finally decided to close, they must have gotten sick of paying for keeping buses warm.

-34 at 7 am. A balmy -9 now. They say temps will moderate +4 by 4 pm today then warm up thru the night and tomorrow +20. It will be different feeding cattle in + temps. :D

mnmtranching":1dn0xyff said:
-34 at 7 am. A balmy -9 now. They say temps will moderate +4 by 4 pm today then warm up thru the night and tomorrow +20. It will be different feeding cattle in + temps. :D

About 32 here this morning, overcast and a north wind. Not all that bad. Boots, jeans, tee-shirt with a light jacket and a cap. Ten minutes of work and you're taking off clothes. Couldn't handle that -7.

It really got nice this afternoon, got up to zero. Even the pups wanted to romp. :clap: for about 10 minutes :roll:

Latest posts