I Get Paid to Ask Questions...Go ahead ask me a question

Help Support CattleToday:

grannysoo":2lpnbstt said:
cross_7":2lpnbstt said:
dow below 10000
oil above 80.00 and looks to be going higher
rumors of more banking trouble.

whats next ?

War with Iran. The Strait of Hormuz gets blocked. Oil flow from the middle east stops. Oil prices skyrocket. Russia gets wealthy due to oil. Going to get very interesting...

john250":2wshxsgo said:
grannysoo":2wshxsgo said:
cross_7":2wshxsgo said:
dow below 10000
oil above 80.00 and looks to be going higher
rumors of more banking trouble.

whats next ?

War with Iran. The Strait of Hormuz gets blocked. Oil flow from the middle east stops. Oil prices skyrocket. Russia gets wealthy due to oil. Going to get very interesting...

Glad to be of assistance. :lol:

alisonb":2flnt9mb said:
HerefordSire":2flnt9mb said:
If gravity is constant G, then the overall average height and weight of humans has not peaked due to nourishment having not been widely dispersed. It has only been in the last 50 years or so where Oriental's height is catching up to the rest of the world due to better nourishment.

Would that not be due to Orientals offspring no longer being pure oriental but having other race influences and thus having an 'averaging out' effect?

Very miniscule when one considers the billions of Orientals.

Ok...here's a "question":

Herfordshire, do your have a day job, or...

Do you spend all of your waking hours researching stuff on the computer to answer poster's questions...

...inquiring minds want to know...lol.

...come on...be honest...LOL!

OK, I got one for you. If I were to drag an extension cord on a flat featureless surface, such as the sand flats or a really large piece of glass, would the end still find something to become wedged in?

snichols264":68wkjggp said:
OK, I got one for you. If I were to drag an extension cord on a flat featureless surface, such as the sand flats or a really large piece of glass, would the end still find something to become wedged in?
Tell me about it, don't that just pain you, wires, rope and string or anything resembling, no matter what always seems to tangle around each other or something when trying to pull along. :mad:

snichols264":126ou3sg said:
I had and old man tell me one time that if you are gonna' fall out of an airplane, grab and extension cord, cuz' it'll get tangled up on something before you fall. gs

plumber_greg":dg8owq6p said:
snichols264":dg8owq6p said:
I had and old man tell me one time that if you are gonna' fall out of an airplane, grab and extension cord, cuz' it'll get tangled up on something before you fall. gs
we had the same saying about air hoses :cowboy:

Running Arrow Bill":1v9vbprj said:

Do you spend all of your waking hours researching stuff on the computer to answer poster's questions...

I work about 18 hours per day every day. Most of that time is writing very complex computer code for structural engineers throughout the world. They use my Windows computer program written in C++. I have about a handful of licensed engineers with advanced degrees providing the math to design structural steel components. The more efficient the design is, the less materials we use and the money savings adds up very fast because of volume.

When I write messages here on CT, it has a relaxing effect and allows me to think more clearly. Hard to explain. Sometimes I cannot figure something out so I will read or write a message here and get back to the problem and I can figure it out.

snichols264":tby0diil said:

No. But, the faster it moves, the higher it will bounce widening the vulnerable area. So even if you were dragging on a flat surface, there would be an increased opportunity for it to be caught in the altitude direction.

HerefordSire":huv09u2b said:
Running Arrow Bill":huv09u2b said:

I work about 18 hours per day every day. Most of that time is writing very complex computer code for structural engineers throughout the world. They use my Windows computer program written in C++. I have about a handful of licensed engineers with advanced degrees providing the math to design structural steel components. The more efficient the design is, the less materials we use and the money savings adds up very fast because of volume.

When I write messages here on CT, it has a relaxing effect and allows me to think more clearly. Hard to explain. Sometimes I cannot figure something out so I will read or write a message here and get back to the problem and I can figure it out.
you must have went back and got you'r GED :cowboy:

alacattleman":1r5kguoj said:
HerefordSire":1r5kguoj said:

you must have went back and got you'r GED :cowboy:

alacattleman, that one just gave me the Church giggles! :clap:

You do not need any type of degree to do what I do. No sixth grade education, no high school diploma, no GED, no bachelor's, no master's, no phd. You just need to know how to do it. I am self-taught. Around pewters for 30 years. For some strange reason, people are worried about getting a degree instead of teaching themself to be an expert in a field they desire. Employers want experts. They need winners that can come through in the clutch when the pressure is on. If you notice, most of the billionaires don't have degrees. Degrees are WAY overrated. They are used to legally not hire someone. When I went to college, the infomation professors were teaching old technology. What a waste of time! Anyone can teach themselves anything if they want it bad enough.

A degree qualifies you to work for someone. That is a good thing. Let's not downgrade a degree.
But, many super rich folks lack degrees of any kind. They donate tens of millions, they can get a degree.

john250":1hbww8dc said:
A degree qualifies you to work for someone. That is a good thing. Let's not downgrade a degree.
But, many super rich folks lack degrees of any kind. They donate tens of millions, they can get a degree.

I know there are children browsing this board so I take it easy....

This is big problem in our country. Society wants to put our youngsters with assets in debt. If you don't have assets, you get it free. A degree acts like a mask. True education occurs from within. If someone wants to be an expert, they can do it without formal education. I would rather hire someone without a degree that is hungry to learn with a good attitude that has no debt.

But, there are plenty of job expansions in the government sector requiring degrees.

HerefordSire":2910ffzl said:
john250":2910ffzl said:

I know there are children browsing this board so I take it easy....

This is big problem in our country. Society wants to put our youngsters with assets in debt. If you don't have assets, you get it free. A degree acts like a mask. True education occurs from within. If someone wants to be an expert, they can do it without formal education. I would rather hire someone without a degree that is hungry to learn with a good attitude that has no debt.

But, there are plenty of job expansions in the government sector requiring degrees.
Yes in some jobs you can learn on the shop floor, so to speak, but there are some jobs where you need a degree and a good knowledge of what you are doing. I used to Teach and there is no way you can learn to teach on the floor, also don't think I would like to be treated by a Surgeon/Dr who had no formal medical training. Degree's are also a way of Employers to know that you will be dedicated to what you do, and more than likely only need to be told once, and you comprehend. My degree took me four years to get and it was not a mask for me, and it is a shame that the people who want to make more of their lives and take a degree have to suffer with the debt it puts around their neck.

alacattleman":zahs5wq7 said:
those who can, do.....those who cant, teach :p

"Actually, the precise quote is, "He who can, does; he who cannot, teaches." by George Bernard Shaw in "Maxims for Revolutionists". Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can do for you?"

chrisy":1z0sivig said:
alacattleman":1z0sivig said:
those who can, do.....those who cant, teach :p

"Actually, the precise quote is"He w, ho can, does; he who cannot, teaches." by George Bernard Shaw in "Maxims for Revolutionists". Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can do for you?"
thats the southern version,,

I have a question for you chrissy. Have you ever seen any beef like this in England? :lol2: :lol2:
P1010697.jpg

Latest posts