Humans are a strange species

Help Support CattleToday:

Very interesting discussion.

I spent more than 10 years working in a paediatric intensive care unit. I've sat with many weeping workaholic fathers who had assumed their kids would always be there. There's nothing like seeing a child die to make you realise what's most important in life. Those experiences have instilled in me a mindset to treat every day i have with my kids as possibly being the last. You never know what's around the corner.
I have tons of unfinished and abandoned projects lying around. if my kids want to throw a ball, go for a bike ride, etc i drop everything. I always ask myself what will i regret more? Not having spent enough time with my kids or not having made enough money? Very easy question to answer.

Andrew

townfarmer":14xzwcsp said:
Very interesting discussion.

I spent more than 10 years working in a paediatric intensive care unit. I've sat with many weeping workaholic fathers who had assumed their kids would always be there. There's nothing like seeing a child die to make you realise what's most important in life. Those experiences have instilled in me a mindset to treat every day i have with my kids as possibly being the last. You never know what's around the corner.
I have tons of unfinished and abandoned projects lying around. if my kids want to throw a ball, go for a bike ride, etc i drop everything. I always ask myself what will i regret more? Not having spent enough time with my kids or not having made enough money? Very easy question to answer.

Andrew

Great post. I'm glad I haven't had to experience something bad to make m realize that, but it's just my nature anyway. I never understood what people worked so hard and stayed so busy for. I suppose they can slow down and enjoy life when they are 90.

Latest posts