How to lose money cutting calves

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence

Keyboard cowboy
Reaction score
A kick and a slip of the knife equals a 900.00 er bill. Stupid hurts in more ways than one.. ;-)

I cut myself with 5 left. We, me and the wife did finish the job before heading to the er. You know. If you're gonna be stupid you gotta be...

Been there, done that in assorted ways. :frowns:
Keep those sutures high & dry. Guessing the wife can pluck em out in 10-14 days. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

When castrating I always use a scalpel blade only, I don't put it on a handle, just wrap it in the foil to hold onto. I find there is less weight and leverage to get kicked and do damage to me.

Ken

That's a dandy right there. Classic example of "better to be lucky than good". As in lucky it didn't severe a tendon, or serious nerve damage, functional loss, etc. Hope it heals up fast and well Fence.

Was this on Saturday? There's nothing like an ER visit on Saturday night! I bet that hand's sore today. You're a lucky man you didn't do more damage than you did.

You wold be a good advertisement for Callicrate bander. I had a calf kick me long ago while under their doing my business and decided right then that this was stupid. To close for comfort. It was only a matter of time. Just think about how many time you jab yourself with a needle giving vac's. To many time I am by myself.

I have banded everyone since then and I can do 90% of them from outside the chute.

Yep, it happens too quick, especially on day to day stuff. Get complacent, and get a lesson, or worse. Hope you take care of it and recover quickly.

Latest posts