How to get a race out of a blind seat? PICTURES NOW!!

Help Support CattleToday:

alabama":3b5ch569 said:
Buy a new one and make a boat ancher out of the old one.

That's what I did after spending who knows how much time getting that sucker apart. I finally found someone to sell me a complete gearbox for a little more than the individual parts were going to cost me.

Some of the stuff came today but the gearbox didn't show yet.

alabama":10xkkpmh said:
Good luck. Have you got any skin left on your knuckles?

Not much but then again I am used to it. Folks say "why don't you wear gloves?" I say, because I can't work tools in gloves, I need that feel. Took me many years before I could even work barbed wire in gloves.

looking at pictures one and two the two side seats should have knocked out from the out side to the inside by using a flat punch on the little bit of seat sitting up.

This is common with wheel bearings.

The center one though looks like a cutout job or a weight on a pull rod . again you could have tried a bead of weld around that one too

tytower":2cj3cijx said:
looking at pictures one and two the two side seats should have knocked out from the out side to the inside by using a flat punch on the little bit of seat sitting up.

This is common with wheel bearings.

The center one though looks like a cutout job or a weight on a pull rod . again you could have tried a bead of weld around that one too

Thanks tytower. The side one you can see has no access from the outside. That shoulder is sealed. The other side (open) was no problem.

All three are still in it as I bought a whole gearbox assembled from the factory. :lol: I am still trying to decide if I want to keep the old boat anchor gearbox case or toss it. After being inside it and seeing all the shimming that was done, I'm not sure it would last if I rebuilt it. I was unable to get Bush Hog to supply me with the tolerances either.

Latest posts