How dry is it for you folks in your neck of the woods

Help Support CattleToday:

It's not dry here either. Last friday we had 80 mph winds and it had to have been 2 storms meeting each other the way the trees fell... I got stuck on the hwy and luckily the fire dept came out clearing the hwy of trees and I helped with that so I could get home. Downed trees were everywhere, sheds/bldgs have walls or tin missing. About every rooftop around for a 35 mile radius (at least) has damage. Some had trees fall on their homes, trees were uprooted or snapped off. The storm was in Madison, Iron, St. Francois, Ste Genevieve, Perry and Northern Cape Counties. There were over 10,000 meters out of electric just with our Co-op. Downed lines and we didn't have any electric from friday until yesterday evening. I just thank God there weren't any injuries and the weather wasn't too hot or too cold as that would have made it miserable. Fortunately, the garage has an apt in it with a gas stove so we were able to cook. One of the deep freezers thawed everything out so that was a mess and I got it out and Mom took pictures with her camera (only to find out the next day that she didn't haven't any film in it and I didn't find that amusing........... I'll know if there's ever a next time to check the camera myself). I have no idea how much rain we've gotton but its been too much. It was a strange storm, a thick fog rolled in mid morning and within a couple hours the storm hit.

There is no shortage of firewood for this winter if a person will apply themself.

North Mississippi is satua...sat...wet, the forecast has 40% wed, 40% fri, 70% sat, and 40% sun. I mow yards on the side, mowed yesterday and had to mow on 3.5 inches it was so high and thick, I dont want a drought but we could use some sunshine and no rain for a few days.

had the storms last friday and has rained everyday since at least a little supposed to have more storms tonite and rain thru saturday morning then they are saying it is supposed to be nice at least thru wenesday so looks like I will be mowing hay come Monday am about 10 days behind and the grass is going crazy drove thru some of my bottom fields and the fescue and Orchard grass is as high as the hood on my truck
gonna make alot if I can just get it up

Must be a sight to see AC. Like Jo says, looks like we are in last years rut. Could make a buttload of hay if I could get just one good rain this week. Been over 2 weeks since the last shower. Dryland corn in the area is starting to curl its leaves. Talked to one farmer that had over 5 inches of rain 2 weeks ago. He said he turned on his pivot yesterday.

Come to think of it, that used to be a pretty good sign it would rain.

We had a 2 year (at least) dry spell-now it's raining about once a week! Their even using the "S" words!! (sleet and snow!) Think I'm going to cancel my Dr appointment for tomorrow,it's supposed to be cold and rainy so I don't want to be out waiting for the bus.

1982vett":3b890v97 said:
(on May 6, 2009) I cut hay today and dare it to rain. :D

Went from 11 inches below average rainfall for the year to receiving average rainfall for the year in 90 days. Rained last night, the 23rd time since September 1.

Cotton (stubble should have been plowed under October 31) is still unpicked and in the field. To wet to get it out.

Jogee, My weather station I get my forecast from has always used "scattered showers", "isolated thunderstorms", and "showers" when predicting a chance of rain. I noticed this morning their forecast for Tuesday is "Rain". :shock: Maybe those in low lying areas might make sure the boat is loaded.

It's rained constantly for two days now hard driving rain, that the weather dept has put out flood warnings, and there has been major floods in some parts of the Country, thankfully we live at the top of the London Valley so it will take a lot for us to flood, if the Thames breaks it's banks we may be in trouble. My garden is like a mud bath, if no-one walks on the lawn it should be OK.

DRY??????????????? What is that? I cant get into hardly any of my fields and my roads are rutted out from me going down through them. We got like 5-6 inches rain last week and its raining again today. :mad: i will post picks later... also my culvert pipe got clogged and water washed out all the dirt around my pipe.

Latest posts