Hot Down South

Help Support CattleToday:

Paul54

Reaction score
I've been spraying fence line all day and it;s just about got the best of me. How are ya'll holding up? :oops:

It's almost 9:00 P.M. here and still hot as heck outside. :shock:

92 outside now!

I was soaking wet by 9:00 a.m. Had sweat dripping in my boots. Kinda like getting in a sauna without a door. They say our high pressure system is going to move over toward Alabama Sunday and it will be cooler Monday. I think they said the heat index was 115.

Angus/Brangus":272s0w8o said:
Jogeephus":272s0w8o said:
I was soaking wet by 9:00 a.m. Had sweat dripping in my boots. Kinda like getting in a sauna without a door. They say our high pressure system is going to move over toward Alabama Sunday and it will be cooler Monday. I think they said the heat index was 115.

If you didn't stay out drinklin pot rum all night you would be feelin a bit cooler :lol:

Hey, over here I was standing on the ladder painting trim and was able to put on two coats of paint without having to move the ladder! That's hot!

:lol: Shoulda hired you a young kid. :lol: One with a fan. :roll:

i think i almost had a heatstroke today. i got a sick feeling in my stomach and went inside when i got thru what i was doing and sat in the AC and i was sweating profusely 20 minutes later still and red as a beet.

Its so hot here the Jaybirds are using pot holders to pull the worms out of the ground.

Beefy":1qtd8yc7 said:
i think i almost had a heatstroke today. i got a sick feeling in my stomach and went inside when i got thru what i was doing and sat in the AC and i was sweating profusely 20 minutes later still and red as a beet.

Beefy, do ya'll use the term Bear Caught for heatstroke? That's what we always called it.

I got caught the other week. Started getting cold and I quit sweating. That's bad business. Need to keep that ice tea near you at all times cause it is HOT. You know its hot when your 5 Day Cooler only holds ice for 1 day.

Glad you are OK.

ive never heard of that. was fixing mower blades. got some "hay" put down on the ground right before our little suprise thundertinkle.

Parts of the county have been getting hammered here. Went to Thomasville late this afternoon was south of Moultrie and we hit a big downpour. Somebody got some water. Pavo was wet too.

moultrie is the hometown i claim. i'm a little north but thats where i went to school and do most of my business. there or tifton. but there was a pretty nasty storm came thru this afternoon, from sylvester went down to moultrie and continued on that way...
i got some pretty good lightning and little shower. probably only about 2/10 or so.. but i understand there was some flooding in spots.

Beefy as long as you were sweating it was not heat stroke, but you might have been touched with heat exhaustion.
Were you drinking water?
When you quite sweating then get help.
When it was getting that hot here we quit and went inside and stayed where it was cool.

I luv herfrds":1tin31zz said:
Beefy as long as you were sweating it was not heat stroke, but you might have been touched with heat exhaustion.
Were you drinking water?
When you quite sweating then get help.
When it was getting that hot here we quit and went inside and stayed where it was cool.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking too. You got to watch your sugar, it could have gotten low. If you were dizzy or woozy, it could very well have been a drop in sugar due to the heat and your sweating. This is quite dangerous too. I'm not diabetic, but this sometimes happens to me if I get extremely hot. Keep candy or raisens in your truck - or sweet tea. :lol:

That was some kind of lightning wasn't it!

yeah i was watching that lightning while i was mowing. it hasnt been too long ago when lightnning knocked the crap out of me and the mower.

maybe i should drink MORE sweet tea?

Yesterday afternoon after finishing up with my work I went jump in the pool with the kids to cool off, the water was almost as warm as bath water. It's hot when you're sweating in a swimming pool. Last night on the 10pm news, the heat index was still at 101 degrees.

Beefy":2hxfk4m6 said:

Beefy, that happened to me last year while baling. It was 98 and about 2PM. Between the tractor heat and natural heat I ended up having to find a nearby bush to climb under for a little shade. The nearest trees I didn't think I would make it to so I just dived under a bush hoping I wasn't sharing it with a rattler.

Oh my tractor didn't have one of them fancy cabs or even a lid. :lol:

jfont":2pw1md20 said:
Yesterday afternoon after finishing up with my work I went jump in the pool with the kids to cool off, the water was almost as warm as bath water. It's hot when you're sweating in a swimming pool. Last night on the 10pm news, the heat index was still at 101 degrees.

That was whay my husband said. I am having the devil keeping the chemicals balanced.

Latest posts