Hobby farmers/ranchers and the beef industry

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wewild":3o62iaa9 said:
Alice":3o62iaa9 said:
Wewild":3o62iaa9 said:
AngusLimoX":3o62iaa9 said:
Would'nt that be a hoot? Taking a test to raise cattle, but not to vote.

I thought Thomas Jefferson was an insightfull person.

I think you would find most people feel the same way, Wewild. :)

Alice

How about his thoughts on the folks ability to vote?

Are you talking about Thomas Jefferson, Wewild?

Alice

Alice":103h8290 said:
Wewild":103h8290 said:
Alice":103h8290 said:
Wewild":103h8290 said:
AngusLimoX":103h8290 said:

Alice

Alice

Yes.

Wewild":1v2qh3fo said:
Alice":1v2qh3fo said:
Alice":1v2qh3fo said:
AngusLimoX":1v2qh3fo said:

Alice

Alice

Yes.

Well, I remember reading that Thomas Jefferson had great confidence in people being able to govern themselves. I don't remember what he may have thought about people's ability to vote. What were those thoughts?

Alice

Alice":31jqcwcw said:
I don't remember what he may have thought about people's ability to vote. What were those thoughts?

Alice

In my words..... That they don't educate themselves enough to choose their leaders. His could be interpeted as most folks are ignorant. And then maybe not.

Wewild":4jpkv3d2 said:
Alice":4jpkv3d2 said:
I don't remember what he may have thought about people's ability to vote. What were those thoughts?

Alice

In my words..... That they don't educate themselves enough to choose their leaders. His could be interpeted as most folks are ignorant. And then maybe not.

I may be wrong here, but I think that was a misinterpretation taken out of context by a bunch of academics trying to further their agendas and somehow it was integrated into blogs of people with ideas that run contrary to what most Americans believe.

Alice

Alice":1rl6tiui said:
Wewild":1rl6tiui said:
Alice":1rl6tiui said:

Alice

I may be wrong here, but I think that was a misinterpretation taken out of context by a bunch of academics trying to further their agendas and somehow it was integrated into blogs of people with ideas that run contrary to what most Americans believe.

Alice

I believe it in it's context.

Wewild":29126dtg said:
Alice":29126dtg said:
Wewild":29126dtg said:
Alice":29126dtg said:

Alice

Alice

I believe it in it's context.

ok, I'd like to read that. Can you give me a link pointing me in the right direction?

Alice

Alice" ok said:
Sure. Can I do it later?

May I PM you with it?

I would have thought most folks would know this.

Alice":v3428gl8 said:
ok, I'd like to read that. Can you give me a link pointing me in the right direction?

Alice

Wewild":v3428gl8 said:
Sure. Can I do it later?

May I PM you with it?

I would have thought most folks would know this.

I'm not always "most folks." I also like to be able to read the entire reference so that I may draw my own conclusions. You may do it later and/or you may pm me with it, whatever is more convenient for you. Thank you for doing that for me. :)

Alice

So are you saying if I have 5 acres of grass and I want to put a calf out to graze it off so I can harvest him to have healthy food to eat, but I can't pass your test, that I can't do it? But I can be the dumbest s.o.b. that does'nt know defacation from hot apple butter, yet I can go down election day, don't have to show ID or pass a test, yet I can vote on an amendment on whether you can raise cattle the way you want as opposed to the way I want you to. Now I do think there should be a test for when 2 people,(preferably male and female,) want to get married and procreate, should have to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts