Hobbies

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, my hobbies are my cattle,horses,and sheep.Occassionally,I like to go fishing and a Pharmacist that my wife works with got me into collecting coins last year.Picking up after my 2 yr old son is a hobby in itself.

I collect breyer model horses. I used to ride real horses.
I got too arthritic for that. I also used to look for
arrowheads, but people these days don't want other
people on their land. No one around here plows fields
anymore so it doesn't matter.

During the summer, you will almost ALWAYS find me in my yard, planting, pruning, weeding and just plain preening!! ;-)

During the school year, I love to watch my kids in their sports...the daughter is one heck of a basketball player and is hoping for at least a PARTIAL scholarship to help pay for med school!! Gotta admit, though, that nothing catches my interest quite like a good book!! I love to read!!! Right now, however, I am really busy gathering research on CANCER for our little hospital's 2nd annual Cancer Awareness Open House!! Need info on ALL cancers and bring it to the forefront of this little town!! Wish me luck!! ;-) ;-)

~

Volunteering for various Rescue & Disaster organizations, FISHING, Volleyball, perrenial scavenging, Kayaking, anything to do with Cattle... & perpetually shopping for a decent gaited horse to help me with the cows.

Playing golf. I've got to play all of once this year, but keeping my fingers crossed, I'm signed up for a tournament this weekend.
I also enjoy rattelling Flaboy and Bullbuyer's cages. BB. Texas Hold Em is a real mans game. No wonder you don't like it!! :)

I make it a point to spend at least four hours everyday on my favorite hobby. Sleeping. Does staying out of my wifes line of fire count as a hobby?Z

MillIronQH":2vquzdws said:
I make it a point to spend at least four hours everyday on my favorite hobby. Sleeping. Does staying out of my wifes line of fire count as a hobby?Z

I think that a great many guys count that as a hobby. Keeps 'em movin'!!

It may keep us movin' but it sure ages us fast. When I met my wife 15 years ago I didn't have a single gray whisker. You ought to see me now. :cboy: Z

My hobbies include fishing, woodworking and cattle dog trials with my Border Collies. It's alot of fun even if we don't place. Lots of good dogs and advice from top trainers.

jp":stqt8sk2 said:
my cows, darn it I'm a hobby rancher, dont tell CB

I second that.

I suppose genealogy, gardening, photgraphy, hiking, auctions and different types of collections (stamps, coins, hockey cards).

Would like to get into blacksmithing though. Used to have an old blacksmith shop on the home quarter that I figured, as a kid, was the neatest thing around with a huge anvil in the center, and a forge with a pile of coal to the side. Never been interested in AC/DC or gas welding, but I think I could get into blacksmithing and forge welding.

Also wouldn't mind learning knitting. Used to crochet when I was younger....helped pass the god-awful cold nights of Northern Ontario.

The computer is obviously a hobby of mine. I also enjoy reading, Bible study, and in the summer horseback riding and walking. On a cold Sunday afternoon I like getting together with my husband and my mother and playing cards or board games. I am in a play right now with my Bible study group and that is taking up a bunch of my time but we are having fun and may do one every year. So that may become a hobby. :)

My hubby enjoys working (luckily he works on a farm, although they do get behind on his wages which isn't much fun) seven days a week and many times 10-12 hours a day, however he does take off when its a rainy day and if that happens to be on a tuesday afternoon, we go down to the salebarn and look at what's going thru the ring and comment on what we like/don't like.

My hobbies are: spoiling the hubby and treating him like a king, vegetable and flower gardening, horses/horseback riding, teaching my great nieces to ride, the cows/heifers and their calves, embroidering, and sewing. Also whenever the hubby needs help at work I'll go up and help him fix fence, clean the automatic waterers and work cattle and in the winter time go with him to put out hay (I get to open the gates and cut string off the round bales, ha ha).

Fishing, hot rodding and building hot rods, wood working. Someone up the line said they have way too many irons in the fire and I guess that pretty much sums it up for me too.

Latest posts