Hobbies

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
When i'm not doing ranch work, i have many hobbies, as i'm sure others do in their spare time when not at their paying job..Would love to see if anyone here shares the same hobbies... :D
Stained glass, mosaics, cooking, gardening, riding....

Use to fish and hunt a lot but not so much anymore. Enjoy getting with the guys and drink a few cold ones and BS a couple hours occasionally. MIght sound a bit strange but I like to just get in the truck and go riding back roads. Stay lost most of the time after a few miles but gotta hit pavement sooner or later. Can come across some beautiful country doing it.

TexasBred":2asaxcrp said:
Use to fish and hunt a lot but not so much anymore. Enjoy getting with the guys and drink a few cold ones and BS a couple hours occasionally. MIght sound a bit strange but I like to just get in the truck and go riding back roads. Stay lost most of the time after a few miles but gotta hit pavement sooner or later. Can come across some beautiful country doing it.
Thats what we plan to do full time eventually...we drove to Key West in Jan...love love road trips..

I forgot woodworking. Husband and son are out there rebuilding our solar kiln. A tornado destroyed it over a year ago. Its corpse has been laying out there ever since. We have many projects to start once we can dry out wood....just made some end tables out of solid oak. They were green, so mine is checking pretty bad but still looks cool....i think it adds to it.

I like fooling with my cows .. I'm a Carpenter by trade and work in a chemical plant now .. I honestly like working more than anything .. but I do love to fish . And I like to bow hunt .. I have a lot of fun teaching my boys the things my dad taught me about wildlife and being self sufficient. . I can sit in the boat all day drinking beer and flounder fish.. I don't get to flounder fish unless I go by myself because my boys like the fast paced action of trout fishing .. I think I was born to work though . If I have more than a day or 2 off I get nervous and ready to head back to work .. I can sit on the porch ,drink beer and watch the chickens and cows all day .. oh and Go Gators !!!!

Fooling with cattle is my hobby. I fish a bit and hunt. I spend most of my time running after my kids, 9 & 7. I do love to piddle around the shop sipping on a beer. I'm rather good at it too!

Dave's post reminded me as well of some other activities. I'm on our local school board and getting ready to be come President, I'm also the finance chair at church, and a board member for a couple of smaller local non-profits. Meetings would I guess be a hobby.

Cows are somewhere in between hobby and business. They take up a lot of my free time because I still have a full time job. When I retire in one year and three days I plan to spend my time hunting, fishing , and chasing the wife around the house. Church I am involved with does a lot of community service type things. Next week I am headed to the Okanogan for nine days of helping fire victims.

Dave":pjavjs9w said:
Cows are somewhere in between hobby and business. They take up a lot of my free time because I still have a full time job. When I retire in one year and three days I plan to spend my time hunting, fishing , and chasing the wife around the house. Church I am involved with does a lot of community service type things. Next week I am headed to the Okanogan for nine days of helping fire victims.
Sounds like a good "mission" Dave. Always needs volunteers. I forgot that I still volunteer at the VA hospital one day of the week. The highlight of my week.

TexasBred":1r43jgng said:
Dave":1r43jgng said:
Sounds like a good "mission" Dave. Always needs volunteers. I forgot that I still volunteer at the VA hospital one day of the week. The highlight of my week.
Sounds like everyone stays busy... and its always good to volunteer time.

cowgirl8":2hdavhst said:
TexasBred":2hdavhst said:
Dave":2hdavhst said:

You want to do something that will make you feel good. Go do something for somebody that you don't know who needs help with no expectation of any return.

I'm retired so ranching takes most of my time but I do love to fish and work with wood. I just finished repairing a drawer that came out of a 100 yo chest that belongs to a buddy. Some how over the years two drawers sustained water damage and I had to replace a piece of wood. Cut dove tails in it by hand. It turned out pretty good.

Dave":1as7fdun said:
cowgirl8":1as7fdun said:
TexasBred":1as7fdun said:

You want to do something that will make you feel good. Go do something for somebody that you don't know who needs help with no expectation of any return.
Amen Bro.

My husband, son, son in law and i volunteer at our local fire department. Husband and son are Assn. Chief and Lieutenant...I just step in when i'm needed, like for fundraisers. Sometimes if i happen to be in the truck when husband is called, i'll work on the scene, anything from handing out water to comforting crash victims..

Latest posts