Hobbies

Help Support CattleToday:

Bullbuyer

Reaction score
Seems to me everyone on here spends a LOT of time working their cattle, making hay, showing cattle, etc. Does anybody have a hobby ? Guess I was just curious - somebody recently asked me if I ever did anything that didn't involve getting dirty.

Chickens, I raise chickens. Love all types of Game fowl and have alot of poultry oddities. I have Frizzles, Silkies, Polish, Manx Rumpies and true Araucanas (ear tufts and no tails). Several others too. Also, have some different types of water fowl. Oh yeah, I like to sing karaoke too.

The most obvious one: photography.

I also play the piano (I know I'm braggin here, but I'm currently in the ninth level:highest is tenth), draw, cattle, and post on/read CattleToday.

When we lived in Phoenix I was into N Scale trains and my Classic Corvette. Now that we live 15 miles to the nearest store I am into all the things that country life provides. Keeps me plenty busy.

Playing Pool, Fixing up Old Cars for my kids future (70 Chevelle & 65 Mustang) Starting a new one Collecting Knives with my 8 year old son (We also collect comics).

You crack me up Dun!

My main hobby is catte and anything and everything cattle related. I also enjoy hunting, fishing, hanging out with a few select people, horseback riding, almost anything outdoors.

I don't have much time, however I love to cook. I have a small catering business which I get to cook 3 or 4 times a year for large crowds (more than 30 people). I have cooked for over 300 before, but usually it about 10 – 15 that shows up at the house and we just kick back and cook. I am no Emeril but can't blame a guy for trying.

Harleys and riding them. The later I have not had much time to do lately.

Giving Crowder and Warpaint a bad time. Naw, that's just plain fun not really a hobby. :lol:

Reckon we could get Crowder and Paint interested in a big ol' poker game? - Not any of that Texas game that's on tv all the time - gettin' bored with that.

Played softball for years but got too old and fragile, so had to give that up. Played league pool for a few years but then gave up booze so had to give up that. Didn't have the will power to hang out and shoot pool in bars without bending to temptation.

I guess what I enjoy most now is watching my children and grandchildren grow up. Makes me feel like I did something right after all. Still play a little golf, but not as obsessed with it as I used to be.

Latest posts