Hobbies

Help Support CattleToday:

Rustler9":2k8honco said:
Chickens, I raise chickens. Love all types of Game fowl and have alot of poultry oddities. I have Frizzles, Silkies, Polish, Manx Rumpies and true Araucanas (ear tufts and no tails). Several others too. Also, have some different types of water fowl. Oh yeah, I like to sing karaoke too.

I just sold all my Japanses banties and Sultans yesterday. But I still have the big brown egg layers and my Silkies. I used to have some silver laced and golden Polish. Gave those to my Father-in-law's girlfriend's mother. Confused? You don't know the half of it! :D

We also like to ride the bike. And my husband builds rustic furniture. He's out there now planing away building a hickory and walnut chest for his daughter.

Lammie":1kccnmpi said:
Rustler9":1kccnmpi said:
Chickens, I raise chickens. Love all types of Game fowl and have alot of poultry oddities. I have Frizzles, Silkies, Polish, Manx Rumpies and true Araucanas (ear tufts and no tails). Several others too. Also, have some different types of water fowl. Oh yeah, I like to sing karaoke too.

I just sold all my Japanses banties and Sultans yesterday. But I still have the big brown egg layers and my Silkies. I used to have some silver laced and golden Polish. Gave those to my Father-in-law's girlfriend's mother. Confused? You don't know the half of it! :D

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Chickens, ducks, riding horses, cross stitching, reading and of course cows, cows. Oh, and I forgot gardening!!

I also have 2 kids that will be in hockey, dancing (1) and figure skating (1). But I guess that isn't really a hobby ;-) More like a full time job :D

I am inclined to say hunting but I quess I should call it traveling. I just returned from a bear hunt to northern Maine and I didn't even see a bear. I did put 3500 miles on a truck though. I enjoy hunting in differant areas of the country. I like seeing differant areas. I will sometimes just pick a city and the wife and I will fly out and rent a car and just drive around for a while. I still have 7 U.S. states I ain't been to. Maybe I'll get em all in.

My hobbies include reading, gardening, playing in my yard, sewing, playing with/taking my dogs for walks, while I don't really think it qualifies as a hobby - improving my cattle juding skills, anything to do with cattle and most anything that has to do with horses.

VanC":1df48kp1 said:
Played softball for years but got too old and fragile, so had to give that up. Played league pool for a few years but then gave up booze so had to give up that. Didn't have the will power to hang out and shoot pool in bars without bending to temptation.

I guess what I enjoy most now is watching my children and grandchildren grow up. Makes me feel like I did something right after all. Still play a little golf, but not as obsessed with it as I used to be.

Van did you play APA League Pool? Or BCA? I been playing APA for a bunch of years now. Made it to Vegas a couple times with a team. Just quit league this last session. Not enough time with kids sports eating up about 5 days a week.

Rustler9":1nze4x4l said:
true Araucanas (ear tufts and no tails).

Rustler,

You don't have any pictures of yours do you? I have about 20+ Araucanas that were given to me this spring - wonderful colors, and personalities.

Genealogy, crosstitching (winter only), training dogs and children (leashes are not needed for the dogs :D ), website design.

Auburn football.
The only time I am not working at somthing is to watch Auburn play ball.
O yeah, I like to play with Girlfriend too.

aplusmnt":ayw3agy2 said:
VanC":ayw3agy2 said:
Played softball for years but got too old and fragile, so had to give that up. Played league pool for a few years but then gave up booze so had to give up that. Didn't have the will power to hang out and shoot pool in bars without bending to temptation.

I guess what I enjoy most now is watching my children and grandchildren grow up. Makes me feel like I did something right after all. Still play a little golf, but not as obsessed with it as I used to be.

Van did you play APA League Pool? Or BCA? I been playing APA for a bunch of years now. Made it to Vegas a couple times with a team. Just quit league this last session. Not enough time with kids sports eating up about 5 days a week.

APA, but never on a team good enough to make it to anywhere. Had a lot of fun though. Been about 15 years since I gave it up.

I like blacksmithing, being with the grandchildren, hunting, and training draft horses, I still like to do a lot of work with draft horses and mules

Firearms, target shooting, hunting, fishing, military history, designing and building attachments for my tractor, pulling practical jokes on my daughters, teaching practical jokes to my daughters, traveling to historical sites, making my neighbors wonder what I'm up to next....

Raising large, hunting type Rat Terriers, fishing, canoeing, shooting.

VanC":3sbc14eo said:
aplusmnt":3sbc14eo said:
VanC":3sbc14eo said:

APA, but never on a team good enough to make it to anywhere. Had a lot of fun though. Been about 15 years since I gave it up.

I been on some teams that were not any good, and Teams that made it to Vegas to the Nationals. As I look back I had more actual fun on the teams that were not any good. There did seem to be more drinking and crazy time on them teams maybe that was why we where never any good. :lol

Latest posts