here you go Alice, this ones for you

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many opportunities in the good old USA.

Why are some folks doing what they obviously hate. like being around cattle. Hmmmm :eek: :shock: :roll:

mnmt

Didn't you realize? no one else on this board has ever sold timber, ever fed their cattle properly, worked for anything they have. Every one is a city slicker- no one else lives in the country- no one knows what it's like to live in the country; only Caustic does. No one even carries the right pocket knife. Ya know, that's the way to judge a mans character dont ya? By what pocket knife he carries... I dont care for all this foo foo girlie talk either but I'm not going to rant and rave about it. I guess you have to be a judgemental, miserable, old fart to really know cattle and to be able to have a voi
ce on this board.
There are several farmers in my area like this. They wish they had done something different with their lives and they are constantly grumpy and blame everyone esle for it.

Another one for Alice... Highland Jersey x steer babysitting a Dexter MG x calf.
Isn't he just so cute?? :D :p

IMG_0670.jpg

Killala":3jtsw6kx said:
Another one for Alice... Highland Jersey x steer babysitting a Dexter MG x calf.
Isn't he just so cute?? :D :p

IMG_0670.jpg

He is past just so cute...he is absolutely adorable! I could just eat him up (figuratively, you understand :shock: ). Yikes, I'm beginning to drool on my keyboard again...can't have that.

Thanks, Killala...another day brightener. :)

Alice

Dusty Britches":1mjcxrhb said:
Killia -
Those are cute. With all that hair, how do you check the sex? LOL!! Just kidding.

I, for one, would wait until that steer turned his back...he looks like he's taking his babysitting job quite seriously.

Alice

Alice":38fy967s said:
Dusty Britches":38fy967s said:
Killia -
Those are cute. With all that hair, how do you check the sex? LOL!! Just kidding.

I, for one, would wait until that steer turned his back...he looks like he's taking his babysitting job quite seriously.

Alice

Indeed he does take his job seriously... it's all his mother can do to get near her calf! :p
I think the calf is a heifer... but who knows until they're brought into the yards

PS- These aren't mine... much as I'd love to have some pasture ornaments!!

Grippie":1r2pbfo5 said:
Didn't you realize? no one else on this board has ever sold timber, ever fed their cattle properly, worked for anything they have. Every one is a city slicker- no one else lives in the country- no one knows what it's like to live in the country; only Caustic does. No one even carries the right pocket knife. Ya know, that's the way to judge a mans character dont ya? By what pocket knife he carries...
I dont care for all this foo foo girlie talk either
but I'm not going to rant and rave about it. I guess you have to be a judgemental, miserable, old fart to really know cattle and to be able to have a voice on this board.
There are several farmers in my area like this. They wish they had done something different with their lives and they are constantly grumpy and blame everyone esle for it.

Normally, I don't either...but sometimes a girl's just gotta have fun. ;-)

Hang tough, grippie...and hey, I love your avatar!

Alice

Grippie":2386udn8 said:
Didn't you realize? no one else on this board has ever sold timber, ever fed their cattle properly, worked for anything they have. Every one is a city slicker- no one else lives in the country- no one knows what it's like to live in the country; only Caustic does. No one even carries the right pocket knife.
  • Ya know, that's the way to judge a mans character dont ya? By what pocket knife he carries...
I dont care for all this foo foo girlie talk either but I'm not going to rant and rave about it. I guess you have to be a judgemental, miserable, old fart to really know cattle and to be able to have a voi
ce on this board.
there's more truth in that statement than you realize ;-)

Killala":2vigmm6q said:
Alice":2vigmm6q said:
Dusty Britches":2vigmm6q said:
Killia -

Alice

Indeed he does take his job seriously... it's all his mother can do to get near her calf! :p
I think the calf is a heifer... but who knows until they're brought into the yards

PS- These aren't mine... much as I'd love to have some pasture ornaments!!

If it would just rain here, I'd be more inclined to think along the line of pasture ornaments! Oh well, one can dream...

Alice

mnmtranching":3s7tu6yl said:
There are so many opportunities in the good old USA.

Why are some folks doing what they obviously hate. like being around cattle. Hmmmm :eek: :shock: :roll:

mnmt

Good point!

Alice

Grippie":2zfcwgs5 said:
Didn't you realize? no one else on this board has ever sold timber, ever fed their cattle properly, worked for anything they have. Every one is a city slicker- no one else lives in the country- no one knows what it's like to live in the country; only Caustic does. No one even carries the right pocket knife. Ya know, that's the way to judge a mans character dont ya? By what pocket knife he carries... I dont care for all this foo foo girlie talk either but I'm not going to rant and rave about it. I guess you have to be a judgemental, miserable, old fart to really know cattle and to be able to have a voi
ce on this board.

Apparently you are a person of low character and carry a fifty cent knife. I bet you have a 200 dollar hat and hubcap belt buckle though.

Yep you got it! Gosh! You so smart!
Got everyone figured out dont ya? Everyone's got a $200 hat and a fifty cent knife.
I dont think you want to get into a game of "I betcha's" with me, cause you'll lose. I betcha.

I think you should take a look in the mirror when talking about personal character. You wont see me harrasing and badgering a woman for acting like a woman. Show me woman who doesnt think a calf is cute and I'll show you a dike.

Grippie":3vyehtum said:
Yep you got it! Gosh! You so smart!
Got everyone figured out dont ya? Everyone's got a $200 hat and a fifty cent knife.
I dont think you want to get into a game of "I betcha's" with me, cause you'll lose. I betcha.

I think you should take a look in the mirror when talking about personal character. You wont see me harrasing and badgering a woman for acting like a woman. Show me woman who doesnt think a calf is cute and I'll show you a dike.

There a lot of cattlewomen on this board that post intelligent threads about cattle.Our number one threat and thats the pet owner that moves to the country and start's humanizing these animals.
Post like a cattle operation and not some bleeding heart save the poor animal organization.

Caustic Burno":jfjh315b said:
Post like a cattle operation and not some bleeding heart save the poor animal organization.

Who's doing that? As for me, I'm about as opposite from a "bleeding heart" as you can get. And I havent seen too many libs on this board yet. A few but not many?
Maybe a "gushfest" over a calf shoulda been saved for a coffee shop forum but what does it really matter? If you see a thread headin' down that road and you don't like it- stop opening that post.
Oh yeah, Even if someone wants to buy a cow, pamper it until it grows old and dies, how does that negativley affect the cattle industry? How does it hurt anyone esle?
Even though I wouldn't do it on my place- everything here earns its keep.

I normally try to ignore you CB, but you need to realize that it is those owners that have less than 25 head who keep our industry alive. They spend money on their hobbies. That money goes to supporting research and development that enhances beef promotion and production. Collectively, they supply 80% of the beef in this country.

Not every pet owner who moves to the country is a PETA member or animal rights activist. In fact, most are against those ideals.

Furthermore, every cattleman I know loves their cattle. They may not be all cutsy about it, but they wouldn't be in the business if they didn't love their cattle.

That's all I have to say about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts