HELP WITH FORUM

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8":nfo1qzrd said:
and why should it be ok for some to 'push buttons' to set someone off? Why cant we just all get along?

DO I think the comments were fair? IMO NO. I was able to comprehend your intent of the thread. Why is it ok for some to push buttons? this is the internet and its entertainment for some. Back to my original post if that was intended to be generic info for people to understand that this site has hundreds of critics and cattlemen that will give an honest opinion. But I should have included that that opinion is a general consensus of their particular program and that it is only words that can be taken to heart or disregarded. what cant be dismissed is facts and the facts can be discussed and can be interpreted differently but they are still facts. to refute them as not being accurate when an consensus agrees is crazy. If you truly want to get along and anyone else wants to just get along it starts with the person we see staring back at us each morning. and for the record I did not get into your thread CG8 until you drug me in it by tying the 2 together.

Well, it was minutes after the other was locked. SO, i'm not the only one who knows why it was started.
I'm trying to get you to understand the answer to your question. I'm giving you information, dont argue, ;-) ...You want to know why some people come here and get mad when their cattle are judged. Why is it the people who 'didnt' ask and they get judged the problem. I have never asked for anyone to critique any of my cattle. I post pictures with other reasons. I got plenty of negative remarks about the first picture i posted that were wrong. I got information as to why her navel will be a problem on down the line which was the most idiotic information i've ever heard. People read this forum and when information like that is given, it needs to be corrected. The internet has become the virtual highway of misinformation. Letting a few here give out information just to push a few buttons or for entertainment is WRONG. Not sure why you see some of these others as the problem, when its others doing garbage like they do in the name of entertainment..
Remember what your mother told you. If you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say it at all............that pertains to internet forums too. Maybe some of you need to change your posting habits to only critiquing when asked......would save a lot of aggravation on everyones part.

I want to add that i find my heifer only average compared to what we'd normally keep. Again, she's only 2 months and lots can change by weaning time. Go ahead and critique the picture i posted...I know exactly how this heifer is made, what i like and what i dont. No one would have ever seen this heifer out of the 112 we have if it werent for her mark. If it would make you happy, i'll go out and post a perfect heifer in my eyes and let yall get it all out.....lol I wont argue a bit because its a picture i posted for critiquing of something i asked to be critiqued...

cowgirl8":36v8vg63 said:
Well, it was minutes after the other was locked. SO, i'm not the only one who knows why it was started.
I'm trying to get you to understand the answer to your question. I'm giving you information, dont argue, ;-) ...You want to know why some people come here and get mad when their cattle are judged. Why is it the people who 'didnt' ask and they get judged the problem. I have never asked for anyone to critique any of my cattle. I post pictures with other reasons. I got plenty of negative remarks about the first picture i posted that were wrong. I got information as to why her navel will be a problem on down the line which was the most idiotic information i've ever heard. People read this forum and when information like that is given, it needs to be corrected. The internet has become the virtual highway of misinformation. Letting a few here give out information just to push a few buttons or for entertainment is WRONG. Not sure why you see some of these others as the problem, when its others doing garbage like they do in the name of entertainment..
Remember what your mother told you. If you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say it at all............that pertains to internet forums too. Maybe some of you need to change your posting habits to only critiquing when asked......would save a lot of aggravation on everyones part.

If you want to spout the virtues our mothers taught us we can start another thread on that and I can assure you it wont be pretty or nice. because you obviously didn't listen either. THIS IS NOT SOCIAL MEDIA where every body agrees. The behavior you loath so much has been going on here long before you or I joined It is why a vast majority of people come here and stay. People that want it to fit between their 4 walls usually are the one that scream the loudest. Again I remind you just as I have done in the past that you have to make everything about you and create drama. Im in the middle of this because you drug me in it. I ignore your post and do not comment on them for a reason. I would appreciate you keeping your drama off mine.

Just like how she tried to drag me into her drama, all because I don't comment on her old sim herd thread which I don't want to do anything with.

For what it's worth, she does look much better in the second picture.

I'm as guilty of it as the next person, and I did miss the "IF" it was a replacement in the Retread thread, but the truth is few people on here actually care what someone else's cattle look like, as no one is forced to have them in their pasture as far as I know.
I have the opposite problem.. I don't seem to put enough bait out to get any comments on a lot of the pictures I post

cowgirl8":1s57t8jy said:
Muddy":1s57t8jy said:
cowgirl8":1s57t8jy said:
and why should it be ok for some to 'push buttons' to set someone off? Why cant we just all get along?
Because you always push buttons and make a bunch of bait threads.
I PM you because i'm not going to argue with you here. You need to go back to every one of my threads you've commented on and see what you say. I'm thinking you dont realize what you do. Just go back to the Retread thread and look at your first post. Maybe you can learn from it and see what you do...I'm just here to share pictures and chat with people who have cattle...
yet you won't read your posts because you wanted to start an argument without realized what you just typed. I find it to be ironic because you likes to criticize your neighbors and their cattle but you only got mad when someone criticized your cattle. That's what I have a problem with it.

Rafter S":338dyq9p said:
M-5":338dyq9p said:
Im just a nobody here, I know little about a lot and a lot about a little. It seems as tho people forget this is a cattle forum and a majority of people here use this as information to be successful in the business and they are pretty adept on analyzing the attributes of cattle that are posted. If you don't want you cattle praised or criticized DO NOT POST THE PIC!!! Go to face book create yourself a page and invite all your friends to come there and stroke your ego. If your animal is critiqued you have 2 choices accept the criticism and strive to better your operation or ignore it and be happy with what you have and move on. Resistance and arguing your point is missed when the attitude is dripping from your comments. Im as guilty as anyone for being a sarcastic pompous AZZ but at the end of the day we should all learn something. This site is a TOOL. I don't care If you've are 110 and been raising cattle for 90 of those years you can learn something if you shut your dad gum mouth and listen.

One of my favorite quotes is "if your not growing your dying"

I

I will respectfully disagree with you. It was made plain that showing the markings/color pattern was the only reason for the picture. With that being the case, why did some members feel the need to jump all over it when no one had asked for an opinion? Maybe she should have expected it, but that doesn't make it inevitable. The polite thing to do would have been to just say "Yes, that is unusual. Thanks for sharing the photo.", or "Yes, I've seen it before.", or just ignore it. Why the compulsion to criticize the calf, or comment on it's quality at all when such opinions weren't asked for?

If she had posted it in the Coffee Shop or Everything Else section would it have been okay?

For some, because it's a cattle board and the first instinct is to comment on pictures. For others, often it's a opportunity to pile on.

TennesseeTuxedo":1hdzz6au said:
Deepsouth":1hdzz6au said:
The penguin didn't like my bull's face. That hurt my tender little butt so I just put him on ignore.

You said my best Angus bull was sway backed and those words cut deep.....Deepsouth.

You old meanie!

i didn't say anything but you could also see where he had been wearing a bridle....guess that explains the "sway backed". :mrgreen: :lol2: :lol2:

M-5":28un23de said:
Im just a nobody here, I know little about a lot and a lot about a little. It seems as tho people forget this is a cattle forum and a majority of people here use this as information to be successful in the business and they are pretty adept on analyzing the attributes of cattle that are posted. If you don't want you cattle praised or criticized DO NOT POST THE PIC!!! Go to face book create yourself a page and invite all your friends to come there and stroke your ego. If your animal is critiqued you have 2 choices accept the criticism and strive to better your operation or ignore it and be happy with what you have and move on. Resistance and arguing your point is missed when the attitude is dripping from your comments. Im as guilty as anyone for being a sarcastic pompous AZZ but at the end of the day we should all learn something. This site is a TOOL. I don't care If you've are 110 and been raising cattle for 90 of those years you can learn something if you shut your dad gum mouth and listen.

I

Yeah this is a cattle forum and I'm just a nobody to.
Seems like a lot of experts would a whole lot rather argue about flags or queers than cattle.
And for what it's worth when someone post a photo of a .abnormal color or a unique situation, and It turns into a cow show. I start to think maybe someone has a ax to grind or something. I didn't read the other three pages. Just the op . It's such a load of bs it stunk up my phone......fenceman

TexasBred":15afut21 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":15afut21 said:
Deepsouth":15afut21 said:
The penguin didn't like my bull's face. That hurt my tender little butt so I just put him on ignore.

You said my best Angus bull was sway backed and those words cut deep.....Deepsouth.

You old meanie!

i didn't say anything but you could also see where he had been wearing a bridle....guess that explains the "sway backed". :mrgreen: :lol2: :lol2:

That's a fifteen yard penalty for piling on TB!

fenceman":w93opmzf said:
M-5":w93opmzf said:

I

Seems like a lot of experts would a whole lot rather argue about flags or queers than cattle.
And for what it's worth when someone post a photo of a .abnormal color or a unique situation, and It turns into a cow show. I start to think maybe someone has a ax to grind or something. I didn't read the other three pages. Just the op . It's such a load of bs it stunk up my phone......fenceman

Also has one topic called "Everything Else". Not necessarily 100% cattle. Even get a horse, chicken or goat question occasionally but you just never know what will pop up. Even from us old guys who have had more than one job in our life. Mod makes sure it doesn't change to "Anything Goes".

TexasBred":2o0h3tnd said:
fenceman":2o0h3tnd said:
M-5":2o0h3tnd said:

I

Also has one topic called "Everything Else". Not necessarily 100% cattle. Even get a horse, chicken or goat question occasionally but you just never know what will pop up. Even from us old guys who have had more than one job in our life. Mod makes sure it doesn't change to "Anything Goes".
With all due respect, my opinion remains unchanged.

pricefarm":2o0h3tnd said:
Some people have way to much time on there hands!
:clap: :tiphat:

And NO COMMERCIAL CATTLE BOARD. That makes a lot of sense ;-)

fenceman":3kcp2cev said:
M-5":3kcp2cev said:

I

Don't worry, it's nothing a couple more thousand post and another couple of years won't fix. Think of the history with posters and also I may fly the biggest banner for "IT'S A CATTLE BOARD"... But there is history also. :welcome: to the boards!

fenceman":a4qma1jw said:
M-5":a4qma1jw said:

I

Should Prolly run by the cell phone store and get an air freshener for it.

Alan":23ot3imb said:
Don't worry, it's nothing a couple more thousand post and another couple of years won't fix. Think of the history with posters and also I may fly the biggest banner for "IT'S A CATTLE BOARD"... But there is history also. :welcome: to the boards!
I bytched at Macon when he added the useless forums, coffee shop, recipes and everything else. I did the same when he added the picture forum but not as seriously. By then I had given up on having any real input. Came to the conlcusion " It's not my job to run the train, ... Or even ring the bell. But let the dam thing leave the track And see who catches he77"

dun":g7b4tfas said:
Alan":g7b4tfas said:
I bytched at Macon when he added the useless forums, coffee shop, recipes and everything else. I did the same when he added the picture forum but not as seriously. By then I had given up on having any real input. Came to the conlcusion " It's not my job to run the train, ... Or even ring the bell. But let the dam thing leave the track And see who catches he77"

:tiphat: and I realize I may be walking the line here. :D :tiphat:

Latest posts