HELP WITH FORUM

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
Im just a nobody here, I know little about a lot and a lot about a little. It seems as tho people forget this is a cattle forum and a majority of people here use this as information to be successful in the business and they are pretty adept on analyzing the attributes of cattle that are posted. If you don't want you cattle praised or criticized DO NOT POST THE PIC!!! Go to face book create yourself a page and invite all your friends to come there and stroke your ego. If your animal is critiqued you have 2 choices accept the criticism and strive to better your operation or ignore it and be happy with what you have and move on. Resistance and arguing your point is missed when the attitude is dripping from your comments. Im as guilty as anyone for being a sarcastic pompous AZZ but at the end of the day we should all learn something. This site is a TOOL. I don't care If you've are 110 and been raising cattle for 90 of those years you can learn something if you shut your dad gum mouth and listen.

One of my favorite quotes is "if your not growing your dying"

I

:secret: :secret: :secret: :secret: ....... Nah! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know if you post a pic someone's going to comment on it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I completely agree with you. Your pictures will get criticized anyways, whenever if its good or bad. This forum is for learning and educating other cattlemen. I too, am being guilty for being an azzhole on here as well. Just because you disagree with others, doesn't mean you should send a bunch of PMs to them to tell them they're wrong or idiotic then the insults started...

Same calf, same critique?

Picture was for the unusual mark, most people got that....But a few took it upon themselves to critique the 2 mo old calf, when i said i'd get a better picture so that she could be judged fairly, thats when the insults started.. If i want a animal to get judged, i'll take a picture thats fair to judge. Original picture was to show the mark..

Okay, now don't jump on me because I'm going to ask a serious question here.

Where does all that excess leather come from? I assume there is some Brahman influence in there somewhere or is it from something else?

TennesseeTuxedo":1t5s0ogl said:

Where does all that excess leather come from? I assume there is some Brahman influence in there somewhere or is it from something else?

Old Show stock TTT, Dang some of yall don't pay attention

TennesseeTuxedo":17wyh6db said:

Kalfric was brangus. This calfs mother is Kalfric's last daughter and out of one of our Butler angus bull....and Retread is out of our brindle bull who has simbra influence.. So off both sides. These calves has shown to stretch out that leather on their bellies as they grow..but retain a small navel knob if any...For a 2 month old, this much navel is not unusual for a calf this age. She's got a lot of growing to do...

Our middle daughter named Kalfric....she was probably 10....she had other named animal and all were original...i always feel silly typing Kalfric, but that was her name..She was quite the cow..

M-5":3a7vuri5 said:
Im just a nobody here, I know little about a lot and a lot about a little. It seems as tho people forget this is a cattle forum and a majority of people here use this as information to be successful in the business and they are pretty adept on analyzing the attributes of cattle that are posted. If you don't want you cattle praised or criticized DO NOT POST THE PIC!!! Go to face book create yourself a page and invite all your friends to come there and stroke your ego. If your animal is critiqued you have 2 choices accept the criticism and strive to better your operation or ignore it and be happy with what you have and move on. Resistance and arguing your point is missed when the attitude is dripping from your comments. Im as guilty as anyone for being a sarcastic pompous AZZ but at the end of the day we should all learn something. This site is a TOOL. I don't care If you've are 110 and been raising cattle for 90 of those years you can learn something if you shut your dad gum mouth and listen.

I

I will respectfully disagree with you. It was made plain that showing the markings/color pattern was the only reason for the picture. With that being the case, why did some members feel the need to jump all over it when no one had asked for an opinion? Maybe she should have expected it, but that doesn't make it inevitable. The polite thing to do would have been to just say "Yes, that is unusual. Thanks for sharing the photo.", or "Yes, I've seen it before.", or just ignore it. Why the compulsion to criticize the calf, or comment on it's quality at all when such opinions weren't asked for?

If she had posted it in the Coffee Shop or Everything Else section would it have been okay?

Rafter S":11c3wv05 said:
M-5":11c3wv05 said:

I

I will respectfully disagree with you. It was made plain that showing the markings/color pattern was the only reason for the picture. With that being the case, why did some members feel the need to jump all over it when no one had asked for an opinion? Maybe she should have expected it, but that doesn't make it inevitable. The polite thing to do would have been to just say "Yes, that is unusual. Thanks for sharing the photo.", or "Yes, I've seen it before.", or just ignore it. Why the compulsion to criticize the calf, or comment on it's quality at all when such opinions weren't asked for?

If she had posted it in the Coffee Shop or Everything Else section would it have been okay?

It was not directed at anyone in particular there has been a rash of people posting pics and getting critiqued and getting their tender butt hurt over it.. This thread got drug into that drama because I guess the "shoe fit" I have not contributed to any critique here lately that my feeble mind remembers.

So you are saying you agree with the critiques on the first photo after seeing the second? I said i'd get another picture for critiques, but that meant i was just thinned skinned?

cowgirl8":b7jsr9mo said:
So you are saying you agree with the critiques on the first photo after seeing the second? I said i'd get another picture for critiques, but that meant i was just thinned skinned?

Its a pic of a calf. I look at a lot more than just a pic when determining replacements. Looked ok, I liked the second pic better but again just a pic. You are very thin skinned and always wanting drama and to be praised for your superiority. People know how to push your buttons.

And you thought the comments were fair? Why is it me thats the problem? Have you seen any post i've made out of the blue that is insulting? I do defend my position when the comments are wrong...I posted a picture of a marking, i didnt not ask for critiques...So, you didnt answer my question, where the comments called for and correct on this calf now that you see the second picture? And believe me, if i were thinned skinned i'd be gone long ago.....lol You want to know why people dont like the comments made about their pictures, well, that Retread thread should be an eye opener to you....

and why should it be ok for some to 'push buttons' to set someone off? Why cant we just all get along?

I think it's a pretty nice calf for 2 months. Not show quality, but who cares about that? If she continues to develop well she'd be a good replacement.

Or maybe its time that it's okay to be wrong here and there. If you weren't thinned skinned or closed minded, you wouldn't sending childish PMs to some members and insulted/degraded them.

cowgirl8":22td6qll said:
and why should it be ok for some to 'push buttons' to set someone off? Why cant we just all get along?
Because you always push buttons and make a bunch of bait threads.

Muddy":2ywdoes4 said:
cowgirl8":2ywdoes4 said:
Because you always push buttons and make a bunch of bait threads.
I PM you because i'm not going to argue with you here. You need to go back to every one of my threads you've commented on and see what you say. I'm thinking you dont realize what you do. Just go back to the Retread thread and look at your first post. Maybe you can learn from it and see what you do...I'm just here to share pictures and chat with people who have cattle...

Latest posts