Hello Everyone

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
KMacGinley":3996rixe said:
Black Angus 100%":3996rixe said:
SEC":3996rixe said:
HCF you are a DORK!
If you had the slightest clue in the world you would be sourcing genetics that would leave you that rather than all the crap you have been spewing about.

I would say learn cattle, then learn the breed and pedigrees. Nothing wrong with trial and error but funny how you know so much for only being in the breed for about two weeks. More than lots of people know after being in the breed for years!
I have been around Black angus cattle for a while. My family has a commerical herd of cattle some of them are bred to registered bulls and some of the better commerical cattle are bred AI. So, I remember when looking through the Select Sires catalogs, studying the pedigrees and also the Genex and Accelerated Genetics catalogs. I remember a few bulls from the past that my family used in the commerical herd, like 1680, 036, 6595, EXT, 155. So, then around the age of 16 years, I decided to start developing an eye for cattle. I developed an eye for nice looking cattle, with help from my family. My grandfathers favorite angus bull was the 036 bull and my great grandfathers was EXT and 155. My family sold commerical black angus bulls, they were purebred, but never any paperwork was mailed off for. Then, when I turned 18 years old, I bought my first registered cow named RRF Brooke 904. She was a Feltons 517 daughter and I bred her to Timber then to Felotns Magnum 434. then, after a few years in the Hereford business, I noticed that my family was selling Black Angus bulls, faster than the Hereford bulls I had for sale. A lot of commerical breeders told me that I should have cut the fence and let my Herefords run with the black bulls. I forgot to tell you all that mostly all the bulls my family owned were bred by Wehrmann Angus in New Market, Virginia. So after sending most of my bulls to the stock sale, I thought that I should just jump the fence and start raising Registered seedstock cattle and the breed would be Black Angus. So, this is where I am right now and I would never turn back. The bulls that I am going to be using, Predestined, Retail Product, Power Stroke, Bushwacker, Traveler 004, and Genetics By Design, all trace back to the bulls that my family used in there commerical black angus herd.

Ok, so now the grandpa that had all the Vindicator daughters prolapsing really raised Angus?
That is the same grandfather. You see, I bought my first Hereford when I was 18 years old. My grandfather had herefords and yes the Vindicators weren't the best daughters in the world.

Black Angus 100%":2w3lrjg2 said:
SEC":2w3lrjg2 said:
HCF you are a DORK!
If you had the slightest clue in the world you would be sourcing genetics that would leave you that rather than all the crap you have been spewing about.

I would say learn cattle, then learn the breed and pedigrees. Nothing wrong with trial and error but funny how you know so much for only being in the breed for about two weeks. More than lots of people know after being in the breed for years!

So, then around the age of 16 years, I decided to start developing an eye for cattle.

You "..decided to start developing an eye for cattle."

That's rich, boy. You ought to understand something....you don't just study pedigrees, listen to people talk, read Angus Journals, read research and literature, and become a cattleman. If you think that's what you are, just by book-learning, let me be the one to come flat out and tell you - YOU AREN'T ONE! That's about as accurate as saying a med student is a trusted family practitioner as soon as he/she graduates.

There's alot to be learnt from reading and researching, don't get me wrong. I've done alot of it myself to get to where I am. But true common sense, aka 'wisdom', is acquired only when all that knowledge couples with first-hand experience. How many times do you think Warpaint, SEC, Tibbs, Crowder, Alan, Denny, KMacGinley, Jake, Brandon, ALACowman, and all these others on here have packed a calf to a barn, covered in snot, slime, and $h!t, with a cow breathing down their neck? Or how many times have they cussed the man that invented barbed wire, after slicing their knuckles to the bone? Or how many times have they sat around the kitchen table with their spouse, late into the night, wondering where the money for last month's, this month's, and next month's bills will come from?

These are the things that make us who we are, boy. Not flashing money at production sales, or running your mouth about the fantasy herd you'll soon have, like some arm-chair quarterback talking about his PRO-Pick tickets. You always remind me of those old blowhards at the coffee shop trying to outdo one another with the bigger stories. Only difference is, if you were on coffee row running your mouth like you do on this board, someone would drag your @$$ out the door and make you prove your salt from your sugar.

My favorite line is still this one.....

"So, then around the age of 16 years, I decided to start developing an eye for cattle. I developed an eye for nice looking cattle, with help from my family. My grandfathers favorite angus bull was the 036 bull and my great grandfathers was EXT and 155."

EXT is in his Great Grandfathers generation??? He wasn't even born until 1986! Hill is older than EXT. Heck, Hill should still have those EXT and Tehama Bando bred girls of his Great Grandfathers still in his commercial herd today! I am not saying it is NOT all true; but even if it is it is still a humorous statement!

Black Angus 100%":1bivr02p said:
memanpa":1bivr02p said:
what lots did you buy at plateau??

a very fine friend of mine was there and has the entire sale cataloge as well as prices paid?
just curious as to the lots you purchased,
The lots of bought
Lot 74
Lot 20
Lot 59
Lot 64
Lot 10
Lot 65
Lot 52
Lot 22
Lot 63
Lot 62
Lot 67
Lot 21
Lot 53
Lot 32
Lot 54
and I bought a lot that I thought was Lot 81, but it wasn't.

hummm gotta call my friend about this cause at least 3 of those lots you say you bought my friend told me he had bought when he called me. :eek: :eek: did you buy under your name or did you use a buyer?

purecountry":sv0hkj6d said:
You always remind me of those old blowhards at the coffee shop trying to outdo one another with the bigger stories.

It's true that the first liar doesn;t stand a chance!

dun

HCF you proved with your herefords that your only selection criteria is popularity, show appeal, and what the big breeders tell you.

Jake":14ifj7d8 said:
HCF you proved with your herefords that your only selection criteria is popularity, show appeal, and what the big breeders tell you.

You know Jake that MIGHT be a better place to start with, than that eye for cattle he decided to develop at age 16! If he will stay in the Angus business for more than six months before dispersing, over time he COULD learn enough from those 15 Angus cows that he COULD actually know enough to back up his boasts in 15 or 20 years.

Black Angus 100%":1pobuw4s said:
KMacGinley":1pobuw4s said:
Black Angus 100%":1pobuw4s said:
SEC":1pobuw4s said:
HCF you are a DORK!

I have been around Black angus cattle for a while. My family has a commerical herd of cattle some of them are bred to registered bulls and some of the better commerical cattle are bred AI. So, I remember when looking through the Select Sires catalogs, studying the pedigrees and also the Genex and Accelerated Genetics catalogs. I remember a few bulls from the past that my family used in the commerical herd, like 1680, 036, 6595, EXT, 155. So, then around the age of 16 years, I decided to start developing an eye for cattle. I developed an eye for nice looking cattle, with help from my family. My grandfathers favorite angus bull was the 036 bull and my great grandfathers was EXT and 155. My family sold commerical black angus bulls, they were purebred, but never any paperwork was mailed off for. Then, when I turned 18 years old, I bought my first registered cow named RRF Brooke 904. She was a Feltons 517 daughter and I bred her to Timber then to Felotns Magnum 434. then, after a few years in the Hereford business, I noticed that my family was selling Black Angus bulls, faster than the Hereford bulls I had for sale. A lot of commerical breeders told me that I should have cut the fence and let my Herefords run with the black bulls. I forgot to tell you all that mostly all the bulls my family owned were bred by Wehrmann Angus in New Market, Virginia. So after sending most of my bulls to the stock sale, I thought that I should just jump the fence and start raising Registered seedstock cattle and the breed would be Black Angus. So, this is where I am right now and I would never turn back. The bulls that I am going to be using, Predestined, Retail Product, Power Stroke, Bushwacker, Traveler 004, and Genetics By Design, all trace back to the bulls that my family used in there commerical black angus herd.

Ok, so now the grandpa that had all the Vindicator daughters prolapsing really raised Angus?
That is the same grandfather. You see, I bought my first Hereford when I was 18 years old. My grandfather had herefords and yes the Vindicators weren't the best daughters in the world.

EXT isn't a hereford Hill.

This is a somewhat sad tread.
Now its funny, but really just sad.

MD

I have totally stayed away from these threads because I felt a little bit sorry for Hill, but this deal takes the cake.

I think you would be better served putting together some kind of Fantasy Pasture League on your computer. You could pick out some cattle from the angus.org website and keep track of their EPDs online. Have all your buddies throw 10 bucks in the pot and with your superior knowledge of angus pedigrees and performance you surely would win the championship.

[/quote]

I think you do some online research and then spout out like your'e an expert on the breed.

Alan[/quote]

Alan, I think you hit the nail on the head!!!!!

purecountry":2orsnx3r said:
Black Angus 100%":2orsnx3r said:
SEC":2orsnx3r said:
HCF you are a DORK!

So, then around the age of 16 years, I decided to start developing an eye for cattle.

That's rich, boy. You ought to understand something....you don't just study pedigrees, listen to people talk, read Angus Journals, read research and literature, and become a cattleman. If you think that's what you are, just by book-learning, let me be the one to come flat out and tell you - YOU AREN'T ONE! That's about as accurate as saying a med student is a trusted family practitioner as soon as he/she graduates.

There's alot to be learnt from reading and researching, don't get me wrong. I've done alot of it myself to get to where I am. But true common sense, aka 'wisdom', is acquired only when all that knowledge couples with first-hand experience. How many times do you think Warpaint, SEC, Tibbs, Crowder, Alan, Denny, KMacGinley, Jake, Brandon, ALACowman, and all these others on here have packed a calf to a barn, covered in snot, slime, and $h!t, with a cow breathing down their neck? Or how many times have they cussed the man that invented barbed wire, after slicing their knuckles to the bone? Or how many times have they sat around the kitchen table with their spouse, late into the night, wondering where the money for last month's, this month's, and next month's bills will come from?

These are the things that make us who we are, boy. Not flashing money at production sales, or running your mouth about the fantasy herd you'll soon have, like some arm-chair quarterback talking about his PRO-Pick tickets. You always remind me of those old blowhards at the coffee shop trying to outdo one another with the bigger stories. Only difference is, if you were on coffee row running your mouth like you do on this board, someone would drag your @$$ out the door and make you prove your salt from your sugar.

I appreciate being put in such stellar company.
Another name for that list would be "purecountry"

;-) I hope he didn't put his Grandparents home up for collateral again!

purecountry":37ictdta said:
Black Angus 100%":37ictdta said:
SEC":37ictdta said:
HCF you are a DORK!

For your information, I have built fence, sweat my a$$ off making hay fo rmy cattle, Broke cattle till my hands were so raw that I had to sometimes go to the hospital to get bandages and bottle fed calves and pulled calves by god in the mid of the night when it is colder than he11 in January through March. And being cornered by a pi$$ed off cow, because I jsut weaned hear calf. Or when it came to hauling cattle to the stock sale and when I go out every end of March through May and breeding my cows. Or what about all the times being shocked by electric fence in the bull pens when one bulls wants to eat you alive and you have to jump the fence. So, hey, I have gotten my hands dirty, many, many times, so don't you tell me that I don't do any hard work, because I have. I may not have done as much work as you older farmers, ranchers, breeders, or what ever, but I have done a lot of farm work and most of it was working with my cattle.

memanpa":2yj47zg7 said:
Black Angus 100%":2yj47zg7 said:
memanpa":2yj47zg7 said:
what lots did you buy at plateau??

a very fine friend of mine was there and has the entire sale cataloge as well as prices paid?
just curious as to the lots you purchased,
The lots of bought
Lot 74
Lot 20
Lot 59
Lot 64
Lot 10
Lot 65
Lot 52
Lot 22
Lot 63
Lot 62
Lot 67
Lot 21
Lot 53
Lot 32
Lot 54
and I bought a lot that I thought was Lot 81, but it wasn't.

hummm gotta call my friend about this cause at least 3 of those lots you say you bought my friend told me he had bought when he called me. :eek: :eek: did you buy under your name or did you use a buyer?
All the cattle I bought were bought by Cotton Associates by Jerry Crenshaw. The cattle were registered in the name of Frye Cattle Co.

Jake":2dk6xtol said:
Your very wrong. That was with the Herefords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts