Hello Everyone

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
the largest problem your going to have in the angus breed is the same you had in the hereford breed. You chase fads and are in the bull of the week club. YOu don't have a set goal for your cattle or know where you want to take them in the future, this is what killed you before. This is what will kill you again. You cannot be overly successful chasing popular bulls and what everybody preaches at you to do.

Jake":1tpeib3b said:
the largest problem your going to have in the angus breed is the same you had in the hereford breed. You chase fads and are in the bull of the week club. YOu don't have a set goal for your cattle or know where you want to take them in the future, this is what killed you before. This is what will kill you again. You cannot be overly successful chasing popular bulls and what everybody preaches at you to do.

Amen.

Black Angus 100%":bi7hmid6 said:
I am striving to do well in the Angus business. I bought some lots at a sale in Tennessee this weekend, the sale name was Plateau Pride Sale. It was Saturday. Also, I bought a herd bull from Byrd Cattle Co. in Red Bluff, CA., named BCC New Design 878 234-5532. My new herd bull is sired by Bon View New Design 878 and out of a Paternal sister to the famous Bushwacker 41-93. I was very excited to have bought 15 lots at the Plateau Pride Sale and my newest herd bull from Byrds. I also bought three lots at the Turner Farms sale in Texas on Sunday 9/10/2006. All these cows I bought at the Turner Farm Sale were 1407 daughters that were once owned by Express Angus Ranch in Kansas. Well, anyway, will be listening in on the Circle A sale this Sunday and I can't wait for the Whitestone and Wehrmann sales in October. Using my herd bull and 4 AI. sires, SAV 8180 Traveler 004, Genetics By Design, TC Power Stroke 4118 and B C C Bushwacker 41-93. I am a big fan of 41-93. I am going to be conducting four flushes next Spring. Two donors that I am going to flush twice. One of the donors is an 878 and the other daughter is an EXT granddaughter. I plan someday to have a bull sale and a female sale. Well, I am in the middle of studying my pedigrees of these cattle in the Circle A sale. Take care and God Bless Everyone and God Bless every man or woman in uniform.

B. S.

You must turn stock faster than most on Wallstreet. I for one don't think so. Quit playing around and get serious.

Alan

Jake":34vf5y2e said:
But I do have a goal, I want to raise up brood cows and herd bulls that will be fertile and productive. I am wanting to produce cows that can go out and work in any part of the world and lay down and have a nice healthly calf every year and not have to be pampered liked the show cattle are. I am out to raise bulls that will be very fertile, adapt easily to other climates of the world, not any show bulls. I am in the Black Angus business, because I want to raise thick, fertile, performing bulls and thick, good milking, performance type cows. So, what it all boils down to is, I am developing cattle with the commerical seedstock producer in mind. I would rather sell a herd bull to a commerical man than a purebred man.

Black Angus 100%":3dmhkkwc said:
Jake":3dmhkkwc said:
But I do have a goal, I want to
  • raise up brood cows and herd bulls that will be fertile and productive. I am wanting to produce cows that can go out and work in any part of the world and lay down and have a nice healthly calf every year and not have to be pampered liked the show cattle are. I am out to raise
bulls that will be very fertile, adapt easily to other climates of the world, not any show bulls. I am in the Black Angus business, because I want to raise thick, fertile, performing bulls and thick, good milking, performance type cows. So, what it all boils down to is, I am developing cattle with the commerical seedstock producer in mind. I would rather sell a herd bull to a commerical man than a purebred man.
thats about the same goal the majority of ranchers have

HCF you are a DORK!
If you had the slightest clue in the world you would be sourcing genetics that would leave you that rather than all the crap you have been spewing about.

I would say learn cattle, then learn the breed and pedigrees. Nothing wrong with trial and error but funny how you know so much for only being in the breed for about two weeks. More than lots of people know after being in the breed for years!

what lots did you buy at plateau??

a very fine friend of mine was there and has the entire sale cataloge as well as prices paid?
just curious as to the lots you purchased,

SEC":4hh3uqjm said:
HCF you are a DORK!
If you had the slightest clue in the world you would be sourcing genetics that would leave you that rather than all the crap you have been spewing about.

I would say learn cattle, then learn the breed and pedigrees. Nothing wrong with trial and error but funny how you know so much for only being in the breed for about two weeks. More than lots of people know after being in the breed for years!
thats the thing that kills me . some folks can buy great cattle and gloat about what they have and what they will do. but my hat is off to the rancher that put years of hard work and select breeding into those cattle. there is more satisfaction in that

Alan":17aeo0wp said:
Black Angus 100%":17aeo0wp said:
I am striving to do well in the Angus business. I bought some lots at a sale in Tennessee this weekend, the sale name was Plateau Pride Sale. It was Saturday. Also, I bought a herd bull from Byrd Cattle Co. in Red Bluff, CA., named BCC New Design 878 234-5532. My new herd bull is sired by Bon View New Design 878 and out of a Paternal sister to the famous Bushwacker 41-93. I was very excited to have bought 15 lots at the Plateau Pride Sale and my newest herd bull from Byrds. I also bought three lots at the Turner Farms sale in Texas on Sunday 9/10/2006. All these cows I bought at the Turner Farm Sale were 1407 daughters that were once owned by Express Angus Ranch in Kansas. Well, anyway, will be listening in on the Circle A sale this Sunday and I can't wait for the Whitestone and Wehrmann sales in October. Using my herd bull and 4 AI. sires, SAV 8180 Traveler 004, Genetics By Design, TC Power Stroke 4118 and B C C Bushwacker 41-93. I am a big fan of 41-93. I am going to be conducting four flushes next Spring. Two donors that I am going to flush twice. One of the donors is an 878 and the other daughter is an EXT granddaughter. I plan someday to have a bull sale and a female sale. Well, I am in the middle of studying my pedigrees of these cattle in the Circle A sale. Take care and God Bless Everyone and God Bless every man or woman in uniform.

B. S.

You must turn stock faster than most on Wallstreet. I for one don't think so. Quit playing around and get serious.

Alan

Actually, if I read all that right, he has 15 reg Angus lots (pairs, cows, or heifers) and one bull. I could make a phone call and get something similar delivered in 5 or 6 days......and probably know as much about what I bought as Hill does. I can believe that he can borrow or spend that much cash.

ALACOWMAN":2rhddff9 said:
SEC":2rhddff9 said:
HCF you are a DORK!

thats the thing that kills me . some folks can buy great cattle and gloat about what they have and what they will do. but my hat is off to the rancher that put years of hard work and select breeding into those cattle. there is more satisfaction in that

Exactly, I like the big AI names on the top of the pedigrees too; but I REALLY like it when the dam, grandam, and great grandam all have that breeder's prefix in front of their names. That guy who CLEARLY knows more than me about the cows is who I want to trade with. ANYONE with a checkbook can drive to a big sale and BUY good cows; that does not mean that they can BREED good cows though.

Brandonm2":10n74ig6 said:
Alan":10n74ig6 said:
Black Angus 100%":10n74ig6 said:

B. S.

Alan

Actually, if I read all that right, he has 15 reg Angus lots (pairs, cows, or heifers) and one bull. I could make a phone call and get something similar delivered in 5 or 6 days......and probably know as much about what I bought as Hill does. I can believe that he can borrow or spend that much cash.

I don't know with this guy what to believe and what not to. But I do know this, he use to be humorous, then I kind of felt sorry for him and for a while stuck up for him, then he got annoying. Now he is a joke and desearves to be one, Hill, Blackie, or whatever the taste is today, you can be a black eye on the boards and I for one am tired of it. Why don't you start collecting cars and go bug those guys.

With that being said, I know I don't have to read or answer these post, but, boy you bug me. I think you do some online research and then spout out like your'e an expert on the breed.

Alan

SEC":4xyq2daa said:
HCF you are a DORK!

I have been around Black angus cattle for a while. My family has a commerical herd of cattle some of them are bred to registered bulls and some of the better commerical cattle are bred AI. So, I remember when looking through the Select Sires catalogs, studying the pedigrees and also the Genex and Accelerated Genetics catalogs. I remember a few bulls from the past that my family used in the commerical herd, like 1680, 036, 6595, EXT, 155. So, then around the age of 16 years, I decided to start developing an eye for cattle. I developed an eye for nice looking cattle, with help from my family. My grandfathers favorite angus bull was the 036 bull and my great grandfathers was EXT and 155. My family sold commerical black angus bulls, they were purebred, but never any paperwork was mailed off for. Then, when I turned 18 years old, I bought my first registered cow named RRF Brooke 904. She was a Feltons 517 daughter and I bred her to Timber then to Felotns Magnum 434. then, after a few years in the Hereford business, I noticed that my family was selling Black Angus bulls, faster than the Hereford bulls I had for sale. A lot of commerical breeders told me that I should have cut the fence and let my Herefords run with the black bulls. I forgot to tell you all that mostly all the bulls my family owned were bred by Wehrmann Angus in New Market, Virginia. So after sending most of my bulls to the stock sale, I thought that I should just jump the fence and start raising Registered seedstock cattle and the breed would be Black Angus. So, this is where I am right now and I would never turn back. The bulls that I am going to be using, Predestined, Retail Product, Power Stroke, Bushwacker, Traveler 004, and Genetics By Design, all trace back to the bulls that my family used in there commerical black angus herd.

memanpa":21ssw9yi said:
what lots did you buy at plateau??

a very fine friend of mine was there and has the entire sale cataloge as well as prices paid?
just curious as to the lots you purchased,
The lots of bought
Lot 74
Lot 20
Lot 59
Lot 64
Lot 10
Lot 65
Lot 52
Lot 22
Lot 63
Lot 62
Lot 67
Lot 21
Lot 53
Lot 32
Lot 54
and I bought a lot that I thought was Lot 81, but it wasn't.

Also, Hill Creek Farm has changed its name. I am not Hill Creek Farm anymore. My business name is, Frye Cattle Company.

Black Angus 100%":iweqrm26 said:
Jake":iweqrm26 said:
But I do have a goal, I want to raise up brood cows and herd bulls that will be fertile and productive. I am wanting to produce cows that can go out and work in any part of the world and lay down and have a nice healthly calf every year and not have to be pampered liked the show cattle are. I am out to raise bulls that will be very fertile, adapt easily to other climates of the world, not any show bulls. I am in the Black Angus business, because I want to raise thick, fertile, performing bulls and thick, good milking, performance type cows. So, what it all boils down to is, I am developing cattle with the commerical seedstock producer in mind. I would rather sell a herd bull to a commerical man than a purebred man.

Then you had better sell all the 1407s you just bought. Let me get this straight. They came from exar and then turner's bought them and are now selling them and you bought those meatless wonders. :)

Black Angus 100%":l0silh3i said:
SEC":l0silh3i said:
HCF you are a DORK!

I have been around Black angus cattle for a while. My family has a commerical herd of cattle some of them are bred to registered bulls and some of the better commerical cattle are bred AI. So, I remember when looking through the Select Sires catalogs, studying the pedigrees and also the Genex and Accelerated Genetics catalogs. I remember a few bulls from the past that my family used in the commerical herd, like 1680, 036, 6595, EXT, 155. So, then around the age of 16 years, I decided to start developing an eye for cattle. I developed an eye for nice looking cattle, with help from my family. My grandfathers favorite angus bull was the 036 bull and my great grandfathers was EXT and 155. My family sold commerical black angus bulls, they were purebred, but never any paperwork was mailed off for. Then, when I turned 18 years old, I bought my first registered cow named RRF Brooke 904. She was a Feltons 517 daughter and I bred her to Timber then to Felotns Magnum 434. then, after a few years in the Hereford business, I noticed that my family was selling Black Angus bulls, faster than the Hereford bulls I had for sale. A lot of commerical breeders told me that I should have cut the fence and let my Herefords run with the black bulls. I forgot to tell you all that mostly all the bulls my family owned were bred by Wehrmann Angus in New Market, Virginia. So after sending most of my bulls to the stock sale, I thought that I should just jump the fence and start raising Registered seedstock cattle and the breed would be Black Angus. So, this is where I am right now and I would never turn back. The bulls that I am going to be using, Predestined, Retail Product, Power Stroke, Bushwacker, Traveler 004, and Genetics By Design, all trace back to the bulls that my family used in there commerical black angus herd.

Ok, so now the grandpa that had all the Vindicator daughters prolapsing really raised Angus?

KMacGinley":399hjzwa said:
Black Angus 100%":399hjzwa said:
SEC":399hjzwa said:
HCF you are a DORK!

Ok, so now the grandpa that had all the Vindicator daughters prolapsing really raised Angus?

As I said Black Hills... you are a joke!

Alan

KMacGinley":e70xz76p said:
Black Angus 100%":e70xz76p said:
Jake":e70xz76p said:

Then you had better sell all the 1407s you just bought. Let me get this straight. They came from exar and then turner's bought them and are now selling them and you bought those meatless wonders. :)
These were some of the better looking 1407 daughters. I couldn't believe it. These females kind of remind me of 878 daughters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts