Hebicide for electric fence weed control

Help Support CattleToday:

Canmergrandpa

Reaction score
I am looking for a good herbicide for weed control on our electric fences. We are a small operation and just starting to use electric fencing. Weeds are high and the weeds are effecting the voltages

I am also looking for a bright fence tester.

Also depends if you want to kill everything or just weeds. I don't like to kill the grass. Bare ground entices more weed growth. Cattle will keep the grass trimmed directly under the fence.

I used to spray my yard fences with gly and a soil active herbicide for a full year's control. All that did was make the cows stick their heads further under the fences.
I use remedy and 2,4d out along the cross fences, just for broadleaf weeds and brushy crap but that's mostly what I use everywhere else too.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":h2egsyof said:
I strongly recommend getting yourself a "Fault Finder" tester. Will save you lots of headaches in years to come. They are pricey but more than worth it.
They are but they're great.I still want to put in the floresent bulb indicator.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1rf0ey8h said:
Also depends if you want to kill everything or just weeds. I don't like to kill the grass. Bare ground entices more weed growth. Cattle will keep the grass trimmed directly under the fence.

I endorse this approach....mother nature abhors a vacuum....

if you kill everything somethin worse will take its place...in our area it will be pokeberry, blackberry, multiflora rose and cedars....

use a broadleaf herbicide and leave the grasses and keep the fence high enough that the stock can graze under it....

Latest posts